GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: Asid on December 10, 2015, 05:25:41 PM

Title: Total War bargain bundle
Post by: Asid on December 10, 2015, 05:25:41 PM
(https://humblebundle-a.akamaihd.net/misc/files/hashed/2970eef9eb672426109557099a095a664af0d82d.png)

Total War Bundle

https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly

If you pay $15 you get ALL Tiers

Tier1 $1

•   Medieval II : Total War Collection
•   Shogun : Total War Collection
•   Viking : Battle for Asgard
•   Total War : Rome Original Soundtrack
•   Total War : Warhammer Illustrated Campaign Map
•   Total War : ARENA 30-day Premium account and exclusives
•   Total War Battles : KINGDOM - exclusive heraldry and 1000 silver + 1000 stone
•   Total War eBooks

Tier2 $8.04

•   Medieval : Total War Collection
•   Empire : Total War Collection
•   Napoleon : Total War Collection
•   Total War : Shogun 2 Collection
•   Total War : ARENA Premium Spartan Hoplite unit
•   Humble Store Coupon for 66% off Total War : Attila


Tier3 $15
•   Total War : Rome II Emperor Edition
•   Rome II Wrath of Sparta Campaign
•   Rome II Caesar in Gaul Campaign
•   Rome II Nomadic Tribes Culture Pack
•   Rome II Pirates and Raiders Culture Pack
Title: Re: Total War bargain bundle
Post by: Gusington on December 10, 2015, 05:26:58 PM
That's the 'All the Games Gus Has Loved' Bundle. + DLC.
Title: Re: Total War bargain bundle
Post by: jomni on December 10, 2015, 11:37:34 PM
What is total war arena?
Title: Re: Total War bargain bundle
Post by: Bardolph on December 11, 2015, 02:00:15 AM
Their new Free To Play multiplayer thingie. Looked to me like they were following the WoT/War Thunder model.
Title: Re: Total War bargain bundle
Post by: Philippe on December 11, 2015, 01:04:06 PM
I've just lost my virginity to the Humble Bundle.

I bought the first set, and was looking forward to reading the e-books.

Since this is my first experience with the bundle I don't really know what I'm doing. 

How do I find the e-books ?
Title: Re: Total War bargain bundle
Post by: Pete Dero on December 11, 2015, 01:22:52 PM
Quote from: Philippe on December 11, 2015, 01:04:06 PM
Since this is my first experience with the bundle I don't really know what I'm doing. 

How do I find the e-books ?

Maybe this can help : https://support.humblebundle.com/hc/en-us/articles/202712300-How-do-I-read-the-eBook-on-my-Android-NOOK-and-iOS-devices-
Title: Re: Total War bargain bundle
Post by: chemkid on December 11, 2015, 01:44:11 PM
... waiting for 'Tier4 $1615' to show up. to get the bundle PLUS 'a new rig like jarhead's - at least with similar specs'! ;)
Title: Re: Total War bargain bundle
Post by: Toonces on December 14, 2015, 03:29:01 PM
I'm still sitting on the fence on this.

If I go in, I have to go in at $15 because all I really want from the bundle are the 4 Rome 2 DLCs.

I have all of the other Total War titles.  I don't have the Viking Asgard title yet, but that sounds like a real loser.

So I guess what it comes down to is this:  Full price for the 4 Rome 2 DLCs is $46.  So for $15 I'm getting them at 66% off.  Should I jump in, or wait and see if the DLCs go on 66+% discount during the Steam Xmas sale?

We're not talking life-changing money here, but I already have like everything else on that list practically.
Title: Re: Total War bargain bundle
Post by: Nefaro on December 14, 2015, 04:31:05 PM
Quote from: Toonces on December 14, 2015, 03:29:01 PM
I'm still sitting on the fence on this.

If I go in, I have to go in at $15 because all I really want from the bundle are the 4 Rome 2 DLCs.

I have all of the other Total War titles.  I don't have the Viking Asgard title yet, but that sounds like a real loser.

So I guess what it comes down to is this:  Full price for the 4 Rome 2 DLCs is $46.  So for $15 I'm getting them at 66% off.  Should I jump in, or wait and see if the DLCs go on 66+% discount during the Steam Xmas sale?

We're not talking life-changing money here, but I already have like everything else on that list practically.


I bet the DLC will only be 50-66% off during the holiday sale anyway.  Maybe 75% if they have a daily deal in the middle of it, but that extra discount usually only goes for a Core game or Complete edition, doesn't it?  Not the individual DLC?
Title: Re: Total War bargain bundle
Post by: Toonces on December 14, 2015, 05:32:39 PM
Dunno, but I think I've talked myself into it.  Again, we're not talking a ton of money here...I think I spent about $15 on lunch last week.
Title: Re: Total War bargain bundle
Post by: Toonces on December 14, 2015, 06:00:44 PM
Ok, so I went ahead and got it.

Just a head's up for fence-sitters, some of the games/DLCs come bundled so you can't part them out to others like I was hoping to do.

Rome 2 comes bundled with DLC, so you can't gift your extra copy of Rome 2.

Viking comes bundled with M2TW, so you can't gift that either.

Shogun 2 comes complete, but I was missing a bunch of the DLC so I can't gift the extra Shogun 2.

Empire complete comes bundled with Medieval 1.

Napoleon is bundled with its DLC.

Overall, given the ebooks, and the missing Shogun 2 DLC, plus the Viking game, I suppose this is a win for value at $15.  Just wish I could give all these extra games away to you guys.   :(