It's here!! It's here!! The Force Awakens is finally here!!! I am hoping to go Sunday to see The Force Awakens. If that's all I accomplish this weekend, it will be TOTALLY worth it! If some gaming happens in the meanwhile, it's all good.
All that Star Wars nerd love and no Star Wars gaming? Weak.
I'll be waiting for Force Unleashed to come out on DVD so I can watch it at home away from all the freakos at the movies. Meanwhile, I'm enjoying greatly learning to play the Wrath of Sparta campaign in Rome 2. I'll probably supplement that with some Rising Storm shooty-shooty this weekend. Not sure what else just yet.
A weekend of beta-testing for me with both Victory & Glory and Last Days of Old Earth waiting to be put through their paces. When I need a palette cleanser, there's Space Food Truck.
In my pursuit of all things East Fronty, I have started the long, grueling slog that is Red Orchestra 2 and I have to say that I am impressed with the level of gameplay that I've had so far. While I'm used to FPSes, they are more along the lines of Team Fortress 2, Unreal and so on; games where good, combined teamwork is good but not essential per se. RO2 has shown me a whole new world of how good a good, team-based shooter can be.
I never got this much thrill out of Insurgency - must be the subject matter, I guess.
Will probably pick up Rising Storm to round out the package and to be able to get in on some PTO action.
After Star Wars it's wings and drinks at Hooters and then back to getting my ass handed to me in Civil War II's New Mexico campaign along with DC Case Blue where I'm actually winning. And then there's this whole Christmas thing to deal with. But wings and drinks and Star Wars should help. Happy Force Awakens Day Grogs.
Last day of work today for 3 weeks. :D
There will be VASSAL work that I'm a little behind on.
There will be PBEM Barbarossa with JP that I'm way behind on.
There will be PBEM Wing Leader with SDR that I'm actually ahead on for a change.
There will be PBEM Heroes of Normandie with Cyrano that the Dice Gods have forsaken me in.
There will be Star Wars Force Awakens on Christmas Eve with my wife.
There might be Civ IV MP if 2K comes through with their conversion of my disc copies to Steam... so far they seem receptive.
There will be ripping the head off the engine of my Miata to get at some bad valves.... should be fun as I've never done it before.
Elite:Dangerous - Horizons
Rome 2
Newly released JTS Panzer Battles: Normandy
Some DCS 1.5/2.0
Just Cause 3
...and maybe some R6: Siege, courtesy of -budd-
If time the new Star Wars with the family, after a Return of the Jedi refresher.
Then I will attempt to pull myself away from AssCreed Syndicate, my new favorite AssCreed of all.
Then starting a new Shogun 2 Fall of the Samurai campaign...it's been too long.Then maybe some Verdun. Then installing Wings Over Flanders Fields on the new rig.
Then formulating a plan to ignore the impending Steam sale.
Quote from: Barthheart on December 18, 2015, 09:24:56 AM
Last day of work today for 3 weeks. :D
Last day of work for 16 days. I counted each one. I'm checking the list twice.
I have big trees to finish splitting down to firewood: ChokeCherry (very nice firewood), Maple, Oak, Hickory and Locust. And then I'm
going off to Cape Ann, but there will be bits of gaming: some Vassal and some Armored Warfare.
Ill be sulking as i get my ass dragged around food halls after initially been asked if I wanted to see the film :(
There will be KyzBPs WitP AE PBEM - i have a lot of deciding to do
Should be finishing off JDs CMBS PBEM
Starting Cons CMBS PBEM
Playing Cyranos HoN PBEM
and working out how Short Gus is going to use a 2 handed sword now hes only got one arm in Mordheim
and some EUIV England
I will be starting a setup for Campaigns on the Danube 1805-1809 with JP. I am the cause of the delay to his AAR :-X
Thanks for being patient JP O0
Wasn't initially planning to see it but I had of today anyway so I figured what the hell. It's good. Not earth shattering or anything but good.
Need a haircut then I'm off onto my second real attempt at HOI3. First ended when I realized I didn't nearly build up enough prior to the start of WW2. this run I think is going better (currently in early 37)
Also going to pick up civil war 2 and I think DC: case blue. I want Barbarossa but since it's not on sale anyway I can wait
Sitting at the theatre waiting for Star Wars to start:). Gaming takes a back seat for awhile:)
Underrail just released & got it's final content update.
May test out the waters sometime this weekend, see if I should wait on a patch or anything. I generally give at least a week or two for the initial patch flurry to settle down before getting serious.
Also may pick up Comic Book Hero, in the meantime, since Grey Dog just released it on Steam in the past week. Never bothered before due to their in-house DRM activation, but now that's not a problem. I see there is a Marvel '90s mod for it, so tipping further into "yes". Wouldn't mind a different flavor of text sim from all the sports ones I own. Gonna get nerd-tastic in this bitch.
Attempting to break into Germany in War in the West. Once again Market Garden just can't crack it. My paras are about to be surrounded by 60,000 jack-booted storm troopers and XXX Corps, only 10 miles away, will soon run out of supplies.
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi76.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fj26%2Fpzpjs%2FGrogheads%2FWITWSep44_zpscbccdkhm.jpg&hash=3725740ef6df097730962bd4cbb9760cffa94c65) (http://s76.photobucket.com/user/pzpjs/media/Grogheads/WITWSep44_zpscbccdkhm.jpg.html)
In addition to reliving this humiliation, I may get my head shot off multiple times in Verdun and try not to crash my aircraft in ARMA3.
Unfortunately no Star Wars just yet. However, there will be WiTP with UCG. The war is getting really interesting with much nail biting going on at the moment.
On Saturday I'll be joined by a friend I haven't seen in awhile and we will be breaking out the Dungeons and Dragons Miniatures for some marathon mini-ing(new verb).
Working on PBEMs with Bart and Sid as mentioned above + AARs of the same.
Working on a new AAR of World War One Gold/Centennial, in the Russian Grand Campaign, which will eventually incorporate much of my original tutorial material for it.
Lugging stupidly heavy floor lamps back home tonight; but maybe this time I can eke out spending a night and tomorrow with the nieces. We'll see.
No shopping because I've finished all that, or negotiated using other people's shopping, heh. ^-^
May or may not work up the nerve to live through Night 2 of Rake, which I'm Shadowplay recording and editing for posterity to giggle at.
May or may not buy 7 Days to Die while it's not on sale, so as to take advantage of a Grogheads server for the game.
Will probably try to power through the next stage of Hand of Fate which I've died at twice now.
May edge a little farther along my Far Cry 4 campaign, which I'm around 75% through by now.
Need to prep some things for my nieces on Christmas.
...oh, and while I'd rather wait to see the new Star Wars with Dad when it arrives on Blu-Ray eventually, he may feel up to going to see it in theaters. Which would be great, but probably not a good idea for him (due to heart stress). :buck2:
The plan is to go see Star Wars on Monday with a couple friends.
I work tonight, and then have a long weekend off. Both my siblings and their spouses will be in town (along with my two adorable nieces); family Christmas is on Sunday. :)
Gaming-wise, will continue my Mercian campaign in Atilla TW: Charlemagne. Will hopefully get some more beta-testing in on a certain 4x title as well.
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on December 18, 2015, 12:00:34 PM
Sitting at the theatre waiting for Star Wars to start:). Gaming takes a back seat for awhile:)
Back from the movie, a great time! Now I am pumped to play something in the Star Wars universe, but sadly nothing modern out there besides Battlefront, which isn't the type of game I want to fire up. Hoping they come up with some new RPG/story game, would love to see it....I guess I could fire up the oldie but goodie KOTR II, never finished it before.
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on December 18, 2015, 05:09:20 PM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on December 18, 2015, 12:00:34 PM
Sitting at the theatre waiting for Star Wars to start:). Gaming takes a back seat for awhile:)
Back from the movie, a great time! Now I am pumped to play something in the Star Wars universe, but sadly nothing modern out there besides Battlefront, which isn't the type of game I want to fire up. Hoping they come up with some new RPG/story game, would love to see it....I guess I could fire up the oldie but goodie KOTR II, never finished it before.
They need to make a hearts of iron mod that puts the game in the SWU. You figure the empire/first order pretty much is the equivalent to nazi Germany already
Quote from: Toonces on December 18, 2015, 07:42:21 AM
All that Star Wars nerd love and no Star Wars gaming? Weak.
In order for me to game Star Wars I would have to own a Star Wars game. Which I do not. However, I am heartened by Barthheart's attempt to get his Civ IV game upgraded to a Steam code by 2K. Might be able to talk him into the brewing GH mp game. He DOES owe me a beat down after all ;)
I'm going to try to finish up the Human campaign in Hell, maybe some Conflict of Heroes, and try my best to learn some War in the West. I've got 2 weeks off, so I'll be really ticked at myself if I waste it without getting some serious gaming in.
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on December 18, 2015, 05:09:20 PM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on December 18, 2015, 12:00:34 PM
Sitting at the theatre waiting for Star Wars to start:). Gaming takes a back seat for awhile:)
Back from the movie, a great time! Now I am pumped to play something in the Star Wars universe, but sadly nothing modern out there besides Battlefront, which isn't the type of game I want to fire up. Hoping they come up with some new RPG/story game, would love to see it....I guess I could fire up the oldie but goodie KOTR II, never finished it before.
I've actually done some
SW:TOR for short stints, when I've been getting a Star Wars RPG craving lately. Being free-to-play now, it's pretty painless to run a few PvE missions and saber/blast apart some mobs in filthy casual style. Their FtP model seems laid back compared to others, too.
Helps that I can play Imps. Wouldn't enjoy it as much if I couldn't play Sith or Bounty Hunters or Imp Spy.
Nothing but : Decisive Campaigns Barbarossa.
Pissed off the wrong people and miscalculated my timing in resting and refitting. Basically lost an Army in August.
Trying again and this time I'm saving up more political points
We need a Star Wars Total War. :D
Will be waiting going to StarWars until the 28th of December (Local IMAX pretty much sold out until then). Plus my dad will be vising then and I will see if he wants to go with. He is really not much of a movie goer but one of my earlier memories is tromping around lost in LA with him to go see the original StarWars IV.
In between doing all the normal house chores I have to help with the twins and fix more of the stuff that they break. (Its amazing what twin 4 year old boys can damage- there is nothing safe from them). If I had to make their bedroom over again it would look like a supermax cell with poured concrete and a non flush toilet in the middle.
Then if I have time I will try and get that CMBS game with UCG going. Other than that trying to get through some more scenarios of CMANO Northern Inferno. On my big to do wish list is to get to grips with War in the East and really get a better understanding of how to play.
Con
Just Cause 3. Board games...not sure which ones, but some will be played. :)
Quote from: Arctic Blast on December 18, 2015, 10:52:06 PM
Board games...not sure which ones, but some will be played. :)
Hell yeah!
Quote from: Martok on December 18, 2015, 04:37:28 PM
The plan is to go see Star Wars on Monday with a couple friends.
I work tonight, and then have a long weekend off. Both my siblings and their spouses will be in town (along with my two adorable nieces); family Christmas is on Sunday. :)
Gaming-wise, will continue my Mercian campaign in Atilla TW: Charlemagne. Will hopefully get some more beta-testing in on a certain 4x title as well.
Coule it be Polaris Sector?
My gaming time is few...i started an Imperium Galactica 2 campaing with the Shinari on my tablet. We'll see if i manage to do more. I'd love to see Star Wars....not sure when.
My employer rented an entire theater for us to view SW tonight, and I'm stuck working a shift :'(
I've manage to spend some time tinkering with CMANO on my laptop though.
Quote from: Rekim on December 19, 2015, 03:40:16 AM
My employer rented an entire theater for us to view SW tonight, and I'm stuck working a shift :'(
I've manage to spend some time tinkering with CMANO on my laptop though.
That's pretty cool of your employer....although kind of stinks if some of the actual employees have to work...hopefully they are making it up to you somehow:)
Quote from: Rekim on December 19, 2015, 03:40:16 AM
My employer rented an entire theater for us to view SW tonight, and I'm stuck working a shift :'(
Argh! My god, the frustration!
Quote from: Sir Slash on December 18, 2015, 10:20:55 PM
We need a Star Wars Total War. :D
Star Wars: Empire At War is impressively close. If you can replace the usual Total War battles with RTS battles of a
Starcraft sort.
Meanwhile...
QuoteDear JasonPratt, did you know you've been with us for 11 Year/s!
11 year or years?!
Why, no, Matrix, I wasn't even sure I had been with you for 10 years! Or what it means to have "been" with you that long at all!
I also have no idea why this coupon hasn't triggered before, since I thought the threshold was for 10 years, so it isn't as though I finally crossed that threshold today if according to your records I've actually "been" with you for 11 year! (Or years. Whichever.)
::) Maybe Matrix is taunting me with what it would feel like to have a crazy Oriental girlfriend. ;D
Oh well. I guess to my other weekend list I can add "What do I buy with my 38% discount coupon?" Hm...
Hmmm... maybe they are working their way through the alphabet and have only now reached the P's.... that means it will be a while before they get to my last name way down in the S's.....
But why not release the coupons to everyone who qualifies all at once? It isn't like they're holding off to avoid mixing with the Christmas sale.
Meanwhile, decisions, decisions...
AGEOD Civil War 2, already down to $20 for the Christmas sale? (I own a bunch of their games, but not CW1.)
Order of Battle: Pacific, currently $5 off to $35 for the Christmas sale? (I love Panzer General games, and I've heard variably good things about this one.)
Phobetor's Germany at War: Barbarossa 1941, currently half off to $10 for the Christmas sale? (Again, love the variants on Panzer General. I can't recall if I got their original version of this, but I was glad to see an improved version)
GG's War in the West, currently $20 off to $60 for the sale? (I've not even played WitE yet, for heaven's sake. And I might need heaven to help me play this system anyway. Yeah I'll probably skip this one.)
Conflict of Heroes: Storm of Steel, currently $20 off to $20 for the sale? (I own the other two games in this series but have never played them. I could say much the same for most of the games I own, of course. ;) )
AGEOD's Espana 1936, currently half off to $15 for the sale? (I don't own this yet, do I? .... apparently I don't.)
Heroes of Stalingrad, currently $10 off to $30 for the sale? (I was going to get this at some point.)
Pike and Shot Campaigns, basically no discount, $35. (Have they fixed some of the goofy things here yet?)
(Not John Tiller's anymore I guess) Campaign Series: Middle East, 1948-(reallymorelike1982than)1985, no discount at all yet, $40? (Big fan of the original series, super-original series is like steak with cake for desert.)
Command: Modern Naval/Aaaahh, yeah, no, I'm not that insane.
Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog? I'm not sure that game even exists.
Didn't get any gaming in last night due to the company Christmas party. Streaming CMANO today on my twitch channel. Assuming my new TrackIR pro clip comes in today then I see a lot of Elite: Horizons in my future. If not its probably going to be a mix of CMANO scenario work and Diablo 3 for me the rest of the weekend.
Elite with the TrackIR is amazing. If you've played Elite without it, when you try it with your head is going to explode from the awesomeness.
I really need to reinstall Elite. I enjoyed it quite a bit when I played it previously.
Okay, final tally around $85.
Germany at War Barbarossa 1941
AGEOD Civil War II
Conflict of Heroes: Storms of Steel
Espana 1936
Heroes of Stalingrad
Campaign Series: Middle East
Revolutions Under Siege Gold (38% off the 80% off the Christmas sale whatever that was, because I already owned RUS, so less than $5)
Continuing on with War in the West. So, with Market Garden a bust, I managed to find a weak point in the German defences. Alas, it is far too late and too far away from the main objectives to be of much use...
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi76.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fj26%2Fpzpjs%2FGrogheads%2FWITW%2520Nov44_zpsuczuyjyy.jpg&hash=758c6881e63400190c8ff995d211fb549776270f) (http://s76.photobucket.com/user/pzpjs/media/Grogheads/WITW%20Nov44_zpsuczuyjyy.jpg.html)
Quote from: Toonces on December 19, 2015, 11:54:32 AM
Elite with the TrackIR is amazing. If you've played Elite without it, when you try it with your head is going to explode from the awesomeness.
I really need to reinstall Elite. I enjoyed it quite a bit when I played it previously.
I don't think I could play Elite TrackIR. I got one last year but the flimsy clip on the pro tracker broke the other day so I had to order a new one.
Its a great game but it absolutely isn't going to guide you through a narrative experience. With the release of Horizons I'm planning a long distance exploration mission. Planning on not being back in explored space for 2-3 real months.
I think something got lost in translation there. Are you saying that you've been playing Elite WITH TrackIR until your clip broke, and you couldn't play without it? If so, I agree.
Quote from: Toonces on December 19, 2015, 05:01:17 PM
I think something got lost in translation there. Are you saying that you've been playing Elite WITH TrackIR until your clip broke, and you couldn't play without it? If so, I agree.
haha Sorry, Yea I've been playing with it until the clip broke.
Just got the new one in the mail, there goes any chance of anything productive getting done this weekend
Turned out to be a eu4 fest so far - Ireland belongs to England now, I'm looking at Scotland but they have an alliance with France. I have put down another lollard uprising, smashed Irish separatist rebels and have built the greatest navy the world has ever seen.
There's been a huge power shift on the mainland where after a brief war with practically all of Europe burgundy upped and dissolved into Austria which now spans Europe from Venice to Belgium. Before they vanished I managed to get Artois for some decent beer, and once they did vanish, all their minor Flemish an Dutch States became up for grabs - I got Flanders and vassalised them, now working to annexation for a strip of French and Belgian coast from Normandy to Holland.
My personal goal is to try and follow the path of the Dutch East India trading company, make my way down to the cape and then head east - I misread England's national ideas page and chose the wrong one, whilst I now have extra and buffed colonists I can't recruit explorers who will get me past Morocco which is the limit of my navy right now
King Phillip 1 I England has great admin stats so we should get to that idea soonish, my heir Is Henry Tudor so I'm rocking the legitimacy at the moment and am currently placed first