GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: jomni on December 18, 2015, 07:53:57 AM

Title: I found some groggy Japanese games
Post by: jomni on December 18, 2015, 07:53:57 AM
http://www.general-support.co.jp/

Looks like they have something like WITP. 
http://www.general-support.co.jp/pw3/pw3.html
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.general-support.co.jp%2Fpw3%2FPW3ss%2Fss01.JPG&hash=14a330635ac5da1b267b2e7f53de4c6eff935474)
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.general-support.co.jp%2Fpw3%2FPW3ss%2Fss06.JPG&hash=612bcc553d0329cfceb63145dd0b6fd39bd3c61c)
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.general-support.co.jp%2Fpw3%2FPW3ss%2Fss07.JPG&hash=2977444bdfac11ecc82ee59f91acbb2edf314e44)
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.general-support.co.jp%2Fpw3%2FPW3ss%2Fss08.JPG&hash=23893150072530aa02927f44b3c5d04fc08fba32)

Russo Japanese war with both naval and land aspect. 
http://www.general-support.co.jp/pro/pro18.html
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.general-support.co.jp%2Fgraphic%2Fpro18a.JPG&hash=f72dba91130c154133e04dcd2547c17021aaa065)
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.general-support.co.jp%2Fgraphic%2Fpro18h.JPG&hash=3737e6e54066a61e8c20765c1c0394b65c64f723)
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.general-support.co.jp%2Fgraphic%2Fpro18d.JPG&hash=c80f821e92801ebacf3a23a342f33ffffcdf71df)
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.general-support.co.jp%2Fgraphic%2Fpro18c.JPG&hash=3d72d44177112072e4217a9132a20b20e73beff5)


Several naval games that look like those from NWS.  One is on Carrier operations.
http://www.general-support.co.jp/cv2/cv2pe.html
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.general-support.co.jp%2Fgraphic%2Fcv2ss01.jpg&hash=6a2295920cd75f697d2e03f1ca70b67125ed8103)
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.general-support.co.jp%2Fgraphic%2Fcv2ss02.jpg&hash=096aad7630b609d32df437347c255d019d0f0535)
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.general-support.co.jp%2Fgraphic%2Fcv2ss03.jpg&hash=e9530d6a1b4c8febebf8b3de1c152daa175011af)
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.general-support.co.jp%2Fgraphic%2Fcv2ss08.jpg&hash=d2a06ffbb566dd03e8a9c8d59dff59b9036f70e3)
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.general-support.co.jp%2Fgraphic%2Fcv2ss10.jpg&hash=d95488ea0dc1699f619cd84a50168decb4c23176)
Title: Re: I found some groggy Japanese games
Post by: chemkid on December 18, 2015, 07:59:07 AM
cool! needs some translation work to be done... がんばって下さい~! ;)

cheers!
chem!
Title: Re: I found some groggy Japanese games
Post by: jomni on December 18, 2015, 08:05:25 AM
Screenshots added
Title: Re: I found some groggy Japanese games
Post by: Rayfer on December 18, 2015, 08:16:23 AM
Quote from: jomni on December 18, 2015, 08:05:25 AM
Screenshots added

Thanks....they are quite interesting and I can see why you thought of WitP.
Title: Re: I found some groggy Japanese games
Post by: chemkid on December 18, 2015, 08:16:30 AM
... and not one tripplebreasted, doe-eyed, pinkhaired mangababe in sight - wtf! great find, jomni!!! :D

also, same age and same price-range - the matrix/slitherine of the east! i feel right at home!  O0
Title: Re: I found some groggy Japanese games
Post by: chemkid on December 18, 2015, 08:54:33 AM
quick look at the first turn 'pearl harbour attack' - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZz__kaMWsk
Title: Re: I found some groggy Japanese games
Post by: Dammit Carl! on December 18, 2015, 09:01:28 AM
Sweet Jesus, those graphics!   ???

Are Japanese Grogs a whole bunch of old dudes with old computers too?  Egad.
Title: Re: I found some groggy Japanese games
Post by: chemkid on December 18, 2015, 09:21:36 AM
those graphics are just fine - these grogs got the spreadsheet-stance just right! -
also, what i found out so far is that only one side of the war can be controlled - guess which side! ;)

old-time japanese witp-ae player gives some insights on release (2012):
http://somali-asobi.blogspot.de/2012/04/3.html

have fun! - guess the regular AFB on the forums will be pretty shocked to see some aar of this game show up on their shores?!
chem!
Title: Re: I found some groggy Japanese games
Post by: Jarhead0331 on December 18, 2015, 09:33:27 AM
...at least I can read all the numbers.
Title: Re: I found some groggy Japanese games
Post by: Gusington on December 18, 2015, 09:36:24 AM
I'm surprised games like that were allowed to be produced in Japan with the sensitivity to the war they have had in the past.
Title: Re: I found some groggy Japanese games
Post by: chemkid on December 18, 2015, 09:46:11 AM
Quote from: Gusington on December 18, 2015, 09:36:24 AM
I'm surprised games like that were allowed to be produced in Japan with the sensitivity to the war they have had in the past.
that same 'surprised' the chinese and koreans feel when the japanese PM honors their(japanese) war-heroes of the same war? ...or a different 'surprised'?  ::)

edit: the japanese don't share 'the sensitivity to the war they have had in the past' as the germans do, i guess...
Title: Re: I found some groggy Japanese games
Post by: Nefaro on December 18, 2015, 12:48:09 PM
Reminds me of the old PTO series.  On steroids.

They don't still make those, do they?
Title: Re: I found some groggy Japanese games
Post by: Gusington on December 18, 2015, 01:51:40 PM
What is your issue, chemkid? Since the war, the events of the 30s and 40s have been heavily censored in Japan, in schools, in media of all types.
Title: Re: I found some groggy Japanese games
Post by: chemkid on December 18, 2015, 02:59:42 PM
Gus, sorry that I got politics into play. It's a game forum - I forgot.  :-[
Have a nice weekend.
Kind regards,
chem!
Title: Re: I found some groggy Japanese games
Post by: Gusington on December 18, 2015, 03:22:36 PM
Feel free to put politics in all you want, but state your case clearly. If you look at our posts above we are in agreement on Japanese behavior since the war.
Title: Re: I found some groggy Japanese games
Post by: jomni on December 18, 2015, 05:47:53 PM
Quote from: Gusington on December 18, 2015, 09:36:24 AM
I'm surprised games like that were allowed to be produced in Japan with the sensitivity to the war they have had in the past.

Yeah and the Americans can make WITP without any regret.
Title: Re: I found some groggy Japanese games
Post by: Jarhead0331 on December 19, 2015, 09:36:10 AM
Quote from: jomni on December 18, 2015, 05:47:53 PM
Quote from: Gusington on December 18, 2015, 09:36:24 AM
I'm surprised games like that were allowed to be produced in Japan with the sensitivity to the war they have had in the past.

Yeah and the Americans can make WITP without any regret.

Why would the Americans have any regret? The Americans were attacked and then won. This is a weird thread...Its not clear to me what point, if any, people are trying to make.
Title: Re: I found some groggy Japanese games
Post by: Toonces on December 19, 2015, 09:43:31 AM
Maybe the point is that this looks like a really interesting game, with somewhat dated graphics, that while dated are probably very functional?

I wish it was in English- I'd certainly give it a try.

I'm not sure what else we're talking about here, or why we would or should.
Title: Re: I found some groggy Japanese games
Post by: bobarossa on December 19, 2015, 10:20:07 AM
I agree; it looks like the kind of game I would buy in a heartbeat if it was under $20 and had an english version.
Title: Re: I found some groggy Japanese games
Post by: Jarhead0331 on December 19, 2015, 10:21:29 AM
Quote from: bobarossa on December 19, 2015, 10:20:07 AM
I agree; it looks like the kind of game I would buy in a heartbeat if it was under $20 and had an english version.

I'd pay more than $20 if in English.
Title: Re: I found some groggy Japanese games
Post by: panzerde on December 19, 2015, 12:27:06 PM
Agreed, these look pretty interesting. Cool to see examples of the non-US/Euro wargaming market. I'd be interested to learn what, if any game mechanics differences there are from what we take for granted.
Title: Re: I found some groggy Japanese games
Post by: W8taminute on December 19, 2015, 07:20:21 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on December 19, 2015, 09:36:10 AM
Quote from: jomni on December 18, 2015, 05:47:53 PM
Quote from: Gusington on December 18, 2015, 09:36:24 AM
I'm surprised games like that were allowed to be produced in Japan with the sensitivity to the war they have had in the past.

Yeah and the Americans can make WITP without any regret.

Why would the Americans have any regret? The Americans were attacked and then won. This is a weird thread...Its not clear to me what point, if any, people are trying to make.

+1