Yes. Yes, I did. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaBqgWXO_CU)
So it's a 3and a half or 4 days weekend for most of us, which for me means going out for Chinese food with friends on Christmas day. Anyway......
So with the big Steam sale going on, I'm most excited about playing the new build of Victory and Glory, and hopefully there will be a new build of Last Days of Old earth.
As for Steam sale loot I'll be continuing to learn The Seven Years War and checking out Predestination. I still have about $10 sitting in my Steam wallet, so I may grab something else on impulse before the sale is over.
Happy Holiday to everyone. Well as time allows i'll be playing a few different things. Still trying to crack the Smolensk line in DCB, might have to restart again with the new patch. Some 7 days to die on Arizona's groghead server. I've installed a few i bought during the steam sale. The Long Dark, actually put about an hour in so far, like the art style and doesn't seem like it will easy. Deus EX i installed and added the new mod they just released, also put about an hour into it, looks a lot better. And finally Skyrim, i waited until i got a new computer to even buy it, haven't started it yet but its calling. Have a great weekend everyone.
Hope everyone enjoys a safe and pleasant Holidays with friends and family!
Happy Holidays to everyone!
While I finish my work this morning, I have the Norad Tracks Santa website running and it's pretty fun to watch where he is: http://www.noradsanta.org/ (http://www.noradsanta.org/)
Playing as the Romans in the Third Samnite War campaign for Birth of Rome.
Rise of Flight.
Merry Christmas to those who celebrate and Happy Holidays to those who celebrate those! There will definitely be Civ. But, there will also be a serious effort to learn Seven Years War. Never had to learn a system like that and I am looking forward to the challenge.
I fully expect I'll finish playing the final DLC for Arkham Knight today. These are side missions, activated in the main campaign (after the main campaign in my case), after Nightwing shows up (although so far he has only been in the first one). Several villains from previous games, whom I had been hoping would show up for AK but somehow didn't, do in fact show up for a final bow (unless someone other than Rocksteady continues on with the series, which seems likely -- probably the team who made Arkham Origins, its Cold, Cold Heart DLC, and who turned out to have really made most of Arkham Knight (so was blamed by Rocksteady for its problems after the fact). And that's okay: buggy as their games are, all three of those games are otherwise well-written and generally well designed.) {checking for parenthesis numbers}
So at last there's a proper fight against the more monstrous version of Killer Croc (which the games have been teasing for a while); the Mad Hatter returns with an imaginative new variation on his plans (the plausibility being handicapped by asking us to believe he somehow got a police car somewhere no police car could possibly go); there's a bittersweet finale team-up with Mr. Freeze; and I haven't done the (apparent?) return of Ras al'Ghul yet.
Beyond that, I taught my nieces Alhambra, or the basic card version rather, last week, and they've been practicing with Bro since then, so I expect to play some of that tomorrow (Bro and his family are leaving for the weekend after Christmas Day for Atlanta for some obscure reason which however will include Stone Mountain so maybe introducing them to some Civil War things) along with perhaps some of the games I gave Bro such as Biblios (a card game about how monasteries preserved and collected old books); The Kingdom of Solomon (a management board-game about improving Israel's infrastructure during the period of the Levantine micro-empires); and Kings of Israel (a cooperative board-game, somewhat like worker-placement management, about trying to get Israel ready to deal with the coming Assyrian invasion over several generations during the time after Solomon. I also bought the computer version of that recently on Steam, which I'll probably be trying out in any case.)
Beyond that I want to get at least one AAR entry done a day on something, at least on World War One Gold's Russian Grand Campaign (http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=15679.0) against the AI, if not also/rather Asid and I starting the 1805 historical Campaigns on the Danube (http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=15585.0) scenario, and/or Bartheart Barbarossing the hell out of me (http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=15513.msg0#new) on Decisive Campaigns 3 (where "me" = "Russia At The Start Of Barbarossa" (http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=15498.0)).
Beyond that... whew... I have a ton of new gaming to consider (and old gaming for that matter), although AzTank's 7 Days To Die Groghead Invitational Server (http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=14682.msg410974#new) is certainly on top of that list. (The link is a sort of ad hoc DAR different people are doing as we drop in and out.)
Working.
I'm in the midst of a seven-night stretch at work myself, so you have my full sympathies, SDR.
What gaming time I do get in this weekend will probably be devoted to one or more of the following:
Pillars of Eternity
Cities: Skylines
Homeworld
Attila TW: Age of Charlemagne
Time at home = time to work on home projects (what the wife calls "fun,") so unless I knock her out Mr. T / A-Team style, little gaming is to be had.
What time I get will be spent in Red Orchestra 2. Maybe something else, but I doubt it.
Happy holidays, folks, and hope you all have a good time.
I'm test driving everything I bought from Steam yesterday. I'm pretty happy with everything but feel myself starting to obsess with XCOM:EW+Long War Mod. I'm getting my butt handed to me, even on Easy.
I'm also eagerly awaiting UCG's turn in our WiTP:AE PBEM. Things are getting really tense and Oz is wilting quickly. :(
Quote from: tgb on December 24, 2015, 10:23:40 AM
Yes. Yes, I did. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaBqgWXO_CU)
So it's a 3and a half or 4 days weekend for most of us, which for me means going out for Chinese food with friends on Christmas day. Anyway......
So with the big Steam sale going on, I'm most excited about playing the new build of Victory and Glory, and hopefully there will be a new build of Last Days of Old earth.
As for Steam sale loot I'll be continuing to learn The Seven Years War and checking out Predestination. I still have about $10 sitting in my Steam wallet, so I may grab something else on impulse before the sale is over.
How are you liking "7 years war"? I'm intrigued but on the fence
seen on Twitter
QuoteI saw mommy kissing Santa Claus. Then he put a black rubber ball in her mouth with a strap around her head I'm just telling you what I saw
First I did this for a few hours:
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi263.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fii123%2Ftoonces3%2Fvlcsnap-2015-12-24-14h29m32s579_zpsini7taiw.jpg&hash=eee02a5d7c8673f3c12189d7ca864d1905a5b83b)
Now I'm going to pick up some dinner, grab a beer, and grog out on Wrath of Sparta for a few hours! :P
Quote from: mikeck on December 24, 2015, 02:22:46 PM
How are you liking "7 years war"? I'm intrigued but on the fence
I haven't given it a fair shake yet. I'm not struggling with the text as much as some people, but so far I've only read the tutorial and poked around a bit. I plan to put more time in over the weekend
I'm going to geek-out on Star Wars the Old Republic. They've made it easier than ever to focus on the story lines. I'm going to finish the Inquisitor line first.
Merry Christmas!
I'll be enjoying Cities: Skyline and Darkest Hour. I picked up Arsenal of Democracy and a couple of other DLC's for EUIV that I haven't tried yet, but will this weekend.
I'm also thinking about grabbing Kerbal while on sale, so that may eat into my time.
Are the KOTOR games on Steam?
All these new games and I end up playing Civilization 4: Colonization with the Religion and Revolution (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=473251) mod. I blame AMC's Turn which I've been catching up on recently.
Working xmas eve until 6am. Unless something breaks it's going to be a very quiet shift, so packed my laptop and hope to play some Distant Worlds shortly.
Home alone with the dogs most of the weekend, so should see plenty of gaming. 7 Days to Die, Falcon BMS are sure to see action. If I'm feeling motivated I may switch out TAL for some Steel Wolves or Blocks in the East on the gaming table.
Merry Christmas everyone!
:crazy2:
Quote from: Gusington on December 24, 2015, 05:35:12 PM
Are the KOTOR games on Steam?
the whole star wars franchise is IIRC
Quote from: Gusington on December 24, 2015, 05:35:12 PM
Are the KOTOR games on Steam?
Yes. Currently only $3 each which is a ludicrously good deal.
Quote from: tgb on December 24, 2015, 10:23:40 AM
So it's a 3and a half or 4 days weekend for most of us, which for me means going out for Chinese food with friends on Christmas day.
I could happily survive on Chinese food the rest of my life, if the restaurant/cook in question is actually good (which isn't a given).
For some dumb reason, I own a house with an awesome Chinese place literally right around the corner. They make a steady percentage of my meager income because their Kung Pao, alone, is addictive food-gasm.
^-^
I'm on vacation until January 4th as of 11:30 this morning. Going to be a lot of Elite: Horizons over the next week.
Kind of getting the itch to start a modded Fallout 4 play through or I might go back to Skyrim since its been awhile. CMANO, FCRS, and Cities: Skyline are all probable. I had Scourge of War Waterloo gifted to me a few weeks ago but haven't been able to get to it. Need to make time for that as well.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone!
I've wanted to play KOTOR forever. Won't be home until Saturday but I will hit Steam like a screen door in a hurricane when I get back.
I managed to finish my Civil War II New Mexico campaign with a minor victory as the Union. Don't know if I'm brave enough to start a full-on Grand Campaign yet so I'll beat-up the Russians some more in DC Case Blue but I'm beginning to feel the call of Skyrim again. After opening Christmas presents of course. Happy Holiday Weekend Grogs.
Christmas will be very quiet...family is all coming up later on Boxing Day, and we're doing the big Christmas with everyone on the 27th. So tomorrow will be more Just Cause 3, learning my recently traded-for copy of Rattlebones before the kids get here, and whatever else I feel like.
Boxing Day will see alcohol. My brother in law's mother is coming over to my parents' place to drop things off. We're apparently supposed to try to make her stay until they all arrive from High River. I can't stand this woman. I didn't marry in to this family...why the Hell am I spending time with his mom?! Bourbon will be essential. Lots of bourbon.
Kill her with kindness Artic. It'll make her wonder what your up to. :2funny:
I would like to revise my gaming list to include Witcher 3!
Thanks Bison! :-*
I am halfway thru a bottle of jamesons and all the way thru a bottle of baileys (I get in touch with my toonces side at Christmas) and I'm putting witp away before invading San Diego looks like a good idea
^LOL. That's pretty good UCG! O0
(P.S. Go ahead and invade that hippy-loving San Diego. The Empire of Japan can do it!)
Nothing for me this weekend, spending it with family.
Looking forward to continuing to learn HOI3 and the civ4 game I have going on with freyland and millipede
Plus I have civil war 2 and DC: turn blue to learn
Quote from: Sir Slash on December 25, 2015, 10:42:14 AM
Kill her with kindness Artic. It'll make her wonder what your up to. :2funny:
Can I just kill her? It's so much quicker. ;D
Played Hedbanz and Star Trek Five Year Mission with the family. Not computer games but good times.....
turned into epic EU4 weekend again - up til 3 this morning including playing in bed (!!)
Have colonised the ivory coast and gold coast, working my towards Congo to get hold of that trade node and then down towards the Cape. I couldnt get to the West coast of Africa to begin with, it was out of range, the only solution was to grab a few plots on Brazils east coast so were also the proud owner of Rio Grande and another one i forget.
Started a disastrous war with Scotland, they were backed by France whilst i was supported by Austria but France kicked Austrias ass and then went to town on my French provinces, after 30 years i managed to get out with a white peace offered by the Scots - my economy is still recovering
Didn't get much gaming in this weekend. Spent Saturday being a couch potato and watching tv/movies all day.
Installed Grim Dawn yesterday. Got it awhile ago on a Steam sale but didn't want to dive to deep into it while it was still in early access. Latest patch notes says its now content so I thought I'd give it a try. Visually it looks amazing but not sure its something I'm going to keep playing at the moment. Diablo 3's adventure mode off jumping in killing some stuff, get some loot, go do something else is more what I'm looking for in an action RPG right now. But this is going to be something I'm going to come back too when its officially released.
Played some Elite late last night. Did a little combat in a low threat combat zone. Had a Python shoot a missile right at my canopy. Knocked out my shields and took a good chunk from my hull. After repairing with nothing to show for it I spent the rest of my night trying to find a resource extraction zone to prowl for bounties but to no avail. Docked at a station to refuel and was nodding off so I called it a night.
Quote from: DoctorQuest on December 25, 2015, 06:57:56 PM
Played Hedbanz and Star Trek Five Year Mission with the family. Not computer games but good times.....
Nothing wrong with this Dr.Q. Personally I'd rather play board games than PC games, but more often than not the convenience of the PC wins out.
Quote from: undercovergeek on December 25, 2015, 11:35:07 AM
I am halfway thru a bottle of jamesons and all the way thru a bottle of baileys (I get in touch with my toonces side at Christmas) and I'm putting witp away before invading San Diego looks like a good idea
And you'd probably pull it off. >:( I don't normally wish hangovers on people, but... ;)
The secret Allied Strategy revealed.... Get the Nipponese drunk! :P
Quote from: Sir Slash on December 28, 2015, 04:27:17 PM
The secret Allied Strategy revealed.... Get the Nipponese drunk! :P
Shhhhhh. :-X I
want him to attack San Diego. It's loaded down with Saki bars and Meximerican women. He'll never make it out of California. :uglystupid2:
Right! Plus there's no water. :2funny: And, soon to be no football team either.
Quote from: Sir Slash on December 28, 2015, 07:30:57 PM
Right! Plus there's no water. :2funny: And, soon to be no football team either.
;D
Quote from: KyzBP on December 28, 2015, 06:15:50 PM
Quote from: Sir Slash on December 28, 2015, 04:27:17 PM
The secret Allied Strategy revealed.... Get the Nipponese drunk! :P
Shhhhhh. :-X I want him to attack San Diego. It's loaded down with Saki bars and Meximerican women. He'll never make it out of California. :uglystupid2:
That just might be the quote of the week right there. :2funny:
Have been in a mini-WWI gaming funk and played some Sid Meier's Ace Patrol...cute game.
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fimages.akamai.steamusercontent.com%2Fugc%2F607223562243887597%2FCD4CD4AB9CA281370541511C2A4DB37F2EF35C2F%2F&hash=006d0d7d502f8c9ad323d59360bc73edb94aff3e)
^ Great game!
In one hour of play I shot down a Zeppelin, a few balloons and a surprising variety of WWI era German aircraft. I'd like to play as the Germans eventually - do I have to complete the British missions first to unlock the Germans?
Campest pilot line up ever
^Yeah they all look like porn actors.
Which one is you Gus?
None. I'm the guy, er...'behind' them all.
That would then beg the question as to which one is Star, but I think I'll leave that one unasked. O:-)
I think Star would be the Hun-in-the-Sun.
The Unwanted Woman, of course.