GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: planetbrain on December 30, 2015, 07:04:46 PM

Title: Proflight Sim---DO NOT BUY
Post by: planetbrain on December 30, 2015, 07:04:46 PM
Proflight Simulator is nothing more than the freeware open source Flightgear with an altered product name only plus a price tag.
They send me endless Emails about buying "The most realistic flight simulator ever with 120+ aircraft & 20000+ airfields".
I am totally annoyed but, as these Emails come from so many different senders, I have trouble blocking them, so I want to tell  as many people as possible not to fall for this crap.
Please advise every one that you can.
Title: Re: Proflight Sim---DO NOT BUY
Post by: Staggerwing on December 30, 2015, 07:08:57 PM
I got some of those emails as well but didn't see them until I cleaned out my spam folder. I didn't read them before the flush so it's good to know I didn't miss anything.
Title: Re: Proflight Sim---DO NOT BUY
Post by: Huw the Poo on December 30, 2015, 07:22:24 PM
Thanks for the warning.

For those who don't know, FlightGear is licensed under an open source license, so nothing prevents people selling it as their own.  If in doubt, check the FlightGear website first.
Title: Re: Proflight Sim---DO NOT BUY
Post by: WallysWorld on December 30, 2015, 09:28:48 PM
I got a couple of those emails too. I read about this on the Avsim forum a few years ago.
Title: Re: Proflight Sim---DO NOT BUY
Post by: jomni on December 30, 2015, 09:50:54 PM
This is still going on?  I've known about this for years already.