GrogHeads Forum

Welcome => Welcome Aboard! => Topic started by: Hofstadter on January 02, 2016, 07:39:00 AM

Title: Hi from melbourne
Post by: Hofstadter on January 02, 2016, 07:39:00 AM
25 year old biotech student from melbourne. I only recently started getting into wargaming in the past few months when i started looking for something more cerebral in my strategy.

My type of games in the genre are 3d tactical and hex based strategic. My most played games are graviteam, War in the west and east and cmano.

I recently started getting into youtubing because I really want to expand the audience for these types of games, plus I want to make tutorial videos out there for people that are trying to get into these games, but find the manuals or the ui a bit...esoteric.

I just linked one of my videos in the videos thread of computer wargaming, so...yeah check it out.
Title: Re: Hi from melbourne
Post by: Pete Dero on January 02, 2016, 07:58:00 AM
Quote from: Hofstadter on January 02, 2016, 07:39:00 AM
My most played games are graviteam, War in the west and east and cmano.

I recently started getting into youtubing because I really want to expand the audience for these types of games, plus I want to make tutorial videos out there for people that are trying to get into these games, but find the manuals or the ui a bit...esoteric.

I just linked one of my videos in the videos thread of computer wargaming, so...yeah check it out.

Welcome and keep those videos coming.  I need some inspiration to get into WITE and WITW.
Title: Re: Hi from melbourne
Post by: bayonetbrant on January 02, 2016, 08:19:00 AM
Hi there!  Welcome to the funhouse that is GrogHeads :)
Title: Re: Hi from melbourne
Post by: Staggerwing on January 02, 2016, 08:28:51 AM
Hi Hofstadter! Enjoy yourself here and make sure all your vaccinations are up to date!
Title: Re: Hi from melbourne
Post by: bbmike on January 02, 2016, 08:41:50 AM
Welcome, Hofstadter! Tutorial videos always seem to help me learn these types of games. I'll check them out.
Title: Re: Hi from melbourne
Post by: bob48 on January 02, 2016, 08:42:08 AM
Welcome.
Title: Re: Hi from melbourne
Post by: MetalDog on January 02, 2016, 10:03:41 AM
Welcome, Hofstadter! Glad you found us!  Hope you enjoy walking these weird, wild halls.  And congrats on your new obsession.  It's a pretty good one.  :)
Title: Re: Hi from melbourne
Post by: Sir Slash on January 02, 2016, 12:10:40 PM
Welcome Hof. Glad to have you amonst us here at the Grogs also known as, "The League of Occasionally Extraordinary Gentlemen". And at least one Extraordinary Lady too.
Title: Re: Hi from melbourne
Post by: Martok on January 05, 2016, 07:31:11 AM
Welcome to Grogheads, Hofstadter!  A pleasure to have you with us.