GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: Jarhead0331 on January 17, 2016, 02:38:12 PM

Title: Elite Dangerous - For Comparison
Post by: Jarhead0331 on January 17, 2016, 02:38:12 PM
Here is a 20 minute video I made of a simple bounty hunting flight I went on to show how quickly one can make real money doing this kind of work. In under 20 minutes, I made close to $500,000, and had some fun doing it too!

Title: Re: Elite Dangerous - For Comparison
Post by: jomni on January 17, 2016, 06:38:27 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on January 17, 2016, 02:38:12 PM
Here is a 20 minute video I made of a simple bounty hunting flight I went on to show how quickly one can make real money doing this kind of work. In under 20 minutes, I made close to $500,000, and had some fun doing it too!



But your ship is nice.  I'm still on that starter ship.  Haven't spent a lot of time in the game.  Always wanted to fire it up but something else gets in the way.

Wait, that's your voice?  I imagined that you sounded like R. Lee Ermey.
Title: Re: Elite Dangerous - For Comparison
Post by: Jarhead0331 on January 17, 2016, 07:17:10 PM
Quote from: jomni on January 17, 2016, 06:38:27 PM

Wait, that's your voice?  I imagined that you sounded like R. Lee Ermey.

I'm told my voice sounds like Seth Rogan.
Title: Re: Elite Dangerous - For Comparison
Post by: Grimnirsson on January 18, 2016, 02:16:20 PM
Thank you Jar for sharing this, enjoyed the video while sipping my hot tea after a busy day :)
I'm waiting for this game on the PS4...

P.S.: Why didn't the ships shoot back?  ::)
Title: Re: Elite Dangerous - For Comparison
Post by: Jarhead0331 on January 18, 2016, 03:04:36 PM
Quote from: Grimnirsson on January 18, 2016, 02:16:20 PM

P.S.: Why didn't the ships shoot back?  ::)

The AI is generally good and can sometimes put up a real challenge. In most cases I believe I wasn't the target. I was mixing it up with a large group of Federal Security Forces who were already engaged with the criminals so I was pretty safe. The first Vulture I engaged was admittedly a push over. I'll double check his skill level. It is possible that my large pulse lasers destroyed his offensive capability early on.
Title: Re: Elite Dangerous - For Comparison
Post by: SirAndrewD on January 18, 2016, 03:36:36 PM
I love the Vulture.  It's such a happy little murder machine.   

Probably the best RES hunter in the game.