GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: spelk on January 18, 2016, 12:17:21 PM

Title: Tanky games
Post by: spelk on January 18, 2016, 12:17:21 PM
http://www.pcgamesn.com/best-tank-games

Wheres Steel Beasts?
Title: Re: Tanky games
Post by: BanzaiCat on January 18, 2016, 12:21:08 PM
Panzer Corps? After all those tank sim-type games?

Steel Thunder by Accolade?
M1 Tank Platoon by Microprose?

The list goes on and on.
Title: Re: Tanky games
Post by: MengJiao on January 18, 2016, 12:29:25 PM
Quote from: spelk on January 18, 2016, 12:17:21 PM
http://www.pcgamesn.com/best-tank-games

Wheres Steel Beasts?

  There seems to be a slant toward the arcadey games here.  I'm playing Armored Warfare and its VERY ARCADEY (400 meters is extreme gunnery range for example, and 540 is the max spotting range).  PvP games are over in 4-5 minutes usually and driving at high speed is often a good move.  I'm an almost unimaginably bad player, so I find it all pretty comic.  For serious people, it apparently can be very frustrating.
  Why just last night, I was getting worried about my usual advanced position and it looked like "the fold was coming" and the numbers on my side were falling fast.  I thought I saw the tanks of our battle line on a sandy ridge.  I circled through them to join them and found they were all burning wrecks.  I rushed back to try to defend our SPGs, but the fold had indeed come and I was about the last vehicle left on our side.  But not for long; I got blown up right after that.
Anyway, that's about all I know about tank games.
Title: Re: Tanky games
Post by: Gusington on January 18, 2016, 01:36:12 PM
I'm always looking for good tanky games set in the WWII Eastern Front.

I would sell my soul for a WWI armored car or early tank game too. AFAIK there aren't any...
Title: Re: Tanky games
Post by: jomni on January 18, 2016, 05:13:31 PM
Maybe Steel Beasts is out of reach to many because of the price.  But hey, some will spend more on WOT.
Title: Re: Tanky games
Post by: MengJiao on January 19, 2016, 10:00:43 AM
Quote from: MengJiao on January 18, 2016, 12:29:25 PM
Quote from: spelk on January 18, 2016, 12:17:21 PM
http://www.pcgamesn.com/best-tank-games

Wheres Steel Beasts?

  There seems to be a slant toward the arcadey games here.  I'm playing Armored Warfare and its VERY ARCADEY (400 meters is extreme gunnery range for example, and 540 is the max spotting range).  PvP games are over in 4-5 minutes usually and driving at high speed is often a good move.  I'm an almost unimaginably bad player, so I find it all pretty comic.  For serious people, it apparently can be very frustrating.
  Why just last night, I was getting worried about my usual advanced position and it looked like "the fold was coming" and the numbers on my side were falling fast.  I thought I saw the tanks of our battle line on a sandy ridge.  I circled through them to join them and found they were all burning wrecks.  I rushed back to try to defend our SPGs, but the fold had indeed come and I was about the last vehicle left on our side.  But not for long; I got blown up right after that.
Anyway, that's about all I know about tank games.

  I'm doing a little better.  Not sure why.  I'm playing mostly scouts where my hyperactive nature is not always bad.
  Last night there was a game of Port _____ (with the port).  It looked pretty bad for Blue -- though coming up from the south on that map seems to work better for me anyway -- with the other side being up a tier at all tier shifts (so they had 4 teir 6 and we had 3 and 5 teir 5 while we had 4 plus they seemed to have more scouts and a Platoon -- us -- few scouts, no Foxes, no platoons).  I suggested a defensive posture and that was more or less what happened.  I think our artillery carried the game, but I survived having done a lot of spotting and drawing all kinds of fire (missiles, artillery all kinds of guns) and killing a Fox that went for our artillery late in the game.
  Anyway, it seemed like an impossible win and was pretty exciting.
Title: Re: Tanky games
Post by: Staggerwing on January 19, 2016, 09:35:07 PM
The list includes the arcady Panzer Elite Action but not the original Panzer Elite? Fie!
Title: Re: Tanky games
Post by: Asid on January 20, 2016, 01:42:47 PM
Quote from: Gusington on January 18, 2016, 01:36:12 PM
I'm always looking for good tanky games set in the WWII Eastern Front.

Steel Fury: Kharkov 42 with STA mods Click Here (http://dogsofwarvu.com/forum/index.php/topic,338.0.html)
Title: Re: Tanky games
Post by: Grimnirsson on January 20, 2016, 02:03:09 PM
WoT is out for the PS4 today  8)