GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: Boggit on January 30, 2016, 06:18:45 PM

Title: Can anyone recommend a good SF RPG
Post by: Boggit on January 30, 2016, 06:18:45 PM
I'm thinking of a computer version of GDW's Traveller game or very similar. I had one of their games years ago on the C64 IIRC, but I'm thinking of the concept translated into something more up to date.
Title: Re: Can anyone recommend a good SF RPG
Post by: BanzaiCat on January 30, 2016, 06:43:11 PM
The two Buck Rogers games from SSI back in the day were outstanding (Countdown to Doomsday (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buck_Rogers:_Countdown_to_Doomsday) and Matrix Cubed (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buck_Rogers:_Matrix_Cubed)). Neither are available legitimately, at least that I know of. However, there is quite a demand for them over at GOG.com, especially since they released the D&D gold box games.

http://www.gog.com/forum/forgotten_realms_collection/crossing_fingers_for_buck_rogers

If they release either/both, it'll be an insta-buy for me. And I rarely insta-buy games, if ever.
Title: Re: Can anyone recommend a good SF RPG
Post by: Huw the Poo on January 30, 2016, 08:36:42 PM
Probably not really what you're after, but I have my eye on the early access title Starcrawlers (http://store.steampowered.com/app/318970/).  Looks like Dungeon Master in space.
Title: Re: Can anyone recommend a good SF RPG
Post by: eyebiter on January 30, 2016, 09:06:45 PM
Mass Effect
Title: Re: Can anyone recommend a good SF RPG
Post by: BanzaiCat on January 30, 2016, 09:19:48 PM
Quote from: eyebiter on January 30, 2016, 09:06:45 PM
Mass Effect

Ah, yes, absolutely, how could I not mention the ME series? It's an FPS at heart, though, if you like that sort of thing, Boggit. Though it has heavy RPG elements and it's a hell of an excellent storyline, from Mass Effect 1, through ME2, and even into ME3.
Title: Re: Can anyone recommend a good SF RPG
Post by: JasonPratt on January 30, 2016, 09:52:58 PM
If it comes to that, the same team did Knights of the Old Republic 1 and 2.
Title: Re: Can anyone recommend a good SF RPG
Post by: chemkid on January 31, 2016, 05:16:57 AM
XENOSAGA I - III!!   :D

btw, the 'last' good SF RPG i played...
i even bought, chipped and re-chipped my first ps2 for this game!  :idiot2:
after XENOGEARS on the psx there never was anything else to play...

ok, sorry for OT but atm i feel a little nostalgic. thank you.

chem!