GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: Martok on February 18, 2016, 03:02:58 PM

Title: Pillars of Eternity - The White March Part 2
Post by: Martok on February 18, 2016, 03:02:58 PM
Anyone grabbed this one yet? 




Title: Re: Pillars of Eternity - The White March Part 2
Post by: Sir Slash on February 18, 2016, 11:12:15 PM
Waiting on a sale. I haven't even gotten past the base PoE game yet.
Title: Re: Pillars of Eternity - The White March Part 2
Post by: gameleaper on February 19, 2016, 03:17:01 AM
this game looks like Boldurs Gate - which is reason enough to buy, but I have all BGs and IceWinds, so I don't wish to buy PoE ., is the game PoE a lot more better than BG?
Title: Re: Pillars of Eternity - The White March Part 2
Post by: jamus34 on February 19, 2016, 06:52:02 AM
For better or worse it is a lot like BG2. I'm not that far into it myself but I do like it. Combat can definitely be challenging if you are out of position. I've had some battles I get wiped out and then I try again with different placement and barely get scratched.
Title: Re: Pillars of Eternity - The White March Part 2
Post by: Rayfer on February 19, 2016, 08:31:54 AM
Quote from: gameleaper on February 19, 2016, 03:17:01 AM
this game looks like Boldurs Gate - which is reason enough to buy, but I have all BGs and IceWinds, so I don't wish to buy PoE ., is the game PoE a lot more better than BG?

Just my opinion, I'm certain others will disagree, but to me PoE is better than the earlier BG's and Icewind Dale games.  And yes, I have played all the BG and Icewind Dale games, and PoE.  To me PoE had a better story, UI and combat system.
Title: Re: Pillars of Eternity - The White March Part 2
Post by: Sir Slash on February 19, 2016, 11:42:41 AM
I love both of them. PoE has an improved UI and is easier overall to play-- meaning you don't have to fight the game and things are laid-out and easier to find/ understand which does what to who. The story for me is a little less interesting as are some of the NPC's and enemies but this certainly isn't a knock. It's a great Hack & Slash game.
Title: Re: Pillars of Eternity - The White March Part 2
Post by: Nefaro on February 19, 2016, 04:10:39 PM
Quote from: Sir Slash on February 18, 2016, 11:12:15 PM
I haven't even gotten past the base PoE game yet.


This.
Title: Re: Pillars of Eternity - The White March Part 2
Post by: gameleaper on February 19, 2016, 05:30:53 PM
thx, I may grab it at Xmas, but I think BG may be good enough to keep me until then. tempting though
Title: Re: Pillars of Eternity - The White March Part 2
Post by: Tuna on September 05, 2016, 10:09:39 AM
This is on sale this weekend, both Whit Marches for 15 bucks.. worth grabbing?
Title: Re: Pillars of Eternity - The White March Part 2
Post by: airboy on September 05, 2016, 10:19:19 AM
I'm about 2/3rds of the way through Pillars of Eternity. 

The path finding is SO MUCH BETTER than the other Bioware titles.  I love Icewind Dale and others - but you have to keep clicking on your people, and keep clicking, or they wander off everywhere.  They are like idiot sheep that fall down wells.  AARGH!!!  Pillars of Eternity thankfully much improves the pathing.
Title: Re: Pillars of Eternity - The White March Part 2
Post by: Sir Slash on September 05, 2016, 10:54:26 AM
Agree totally. And you can program your party to react in different ways to different threats in combat in any number of different combinations. Or just leave them dumb and give them 'Click' orders. The only problem I've had was forgetting to bring along my Ranger's Pet Wolf until leaving an area. But thankfully he runs to join the party anyway. The game's pretty fool-proof.
Title: Re: Pillars of Eternity - The White March Part 2
Post by: Gusington on September 05, 2016, 02:45:21 PM
I am confident we can find a better fool.
Title: Re: Pillars of Eternity - The White March Part 2
Post by: Sir Slash on September 05, 2016, 02:54:44 PM
Yes, better, but a more honest one......?
Title: Re: Pillars of Eternity - The White March Part 2
Post by: Gusington on September 05, 2016, 03:17:49 PM
Both.
Title: Re: Pillars of Eternity - The White March Part 2
Post by: Sir Slash on September 06, 2016, 09:13:18 AM
I am so honest that I was once asked the question, "Does this dress make my ass look fat"? I said, "No. It's your ass that makes the dress look fat".  Top that for Honesty and Fool-dom at the same time.  :coolsmiley:
Title: Re: Pillars of Eternity - The White March Part 2
Post by: Gusington on September 06, 2016, 07:51:45 PM
I'll have to get back to you...tomorrow is another day.