GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: spelk on February 18, 2016, 05:42:43 PM

Title: Arnhem Assault
Post by: spelk on February 18, 2016, 05:42:43 PM
On its way... some time..

https://www.hexwar.com/downloads/assault-on-arnhem/

Title: Re: Arnhem Assault
Post by: spelk on February 18, 2016, 05:44:14 PM
See this... (about a year ago)

http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=12428.0
Title: Re: Arnhem Assault
Post by: Boggit on February 18, 2016, 08:39:12 PM
Have you had the chance to play it?
Title: Re: Arnhem Assault
Post by: Barthheart on February 18, 2016, 09:20:31 PM
I have this on my iPad. Cool little game. Very groggy. Is it coming to PC?
Title: Re: Arnhem Assault
Post by: gameleaper on February 19, 2016, 01:16:17 AM
great info as usual spelk. I think its the best looking ipad wargame Ive seen, but google content not available in the UK for some reason, and ITunes search drew a blank here too, but I will continue to look-out for it, thx spelk
Title: Re: Arnhem Assault
Post by: spelk on February 19, 2016, 03:40:02 AM
Quote from: Boggit on February 18, 2016, 08:39:12 PM
Have you had the chance to play it?

I've played the year old single player Android version, and its a good chit shuffler for the mobile platform. Randomised airdrop scatter, supply, terrain effects, good stuff.

The new version is being developed not sure of the platforms, but surely they'll cover as many platforms as possible, especially if the source game supported all platforms? I'm hoping it will be released on the PC too. But I think the big difference is this game will allow multiplayer, 4 way apparently.

Quote
Key Game Features:

    Up to four player hotseat multiplayer
    Cross-platform online multiplayer (two player)
    In-game tutorial
    Turn based play
    Four scenarios (Grave; Nijmegen; Arnhem; Operation Market Garden)
    Fog of war mechanics (taking terrain into account). Hide your units in the woods and watch the enemy!
    Night time turns with reduced visibility, affecting combat and command. Slip your recon units through enemy lines!
    Logistics rules governing HQ supply lines and unit regrouping
    Over 110 units of 7 distinct unit types
    Three battle scenarios and a main campaign scenario
    Three levels of AI difficulty, playing as either Axis or Allies
    3D Map View
    Supply drops, reinforcement schedules
    Simple enough for a beginner but with plenty of depth for experts

Title: Re: Arnhem Assault
Post by: spelk on February 19, 2016, 03:44:38 AM
Quote from: Barthheart on February 18, 2016, 09:20:31 PM
I have this on my iPad. Cool little game. Very groggy. Is it coming to PC?

The iOS (and the Android) version is a single player game from a year ago called "Arnhem: Airborne Assault". No longer available on the Android platform, dunno about iOS.

The new game being developed from the bones of the old one (presumably), is called "Assault on Arnhem". And its being developed with Hexwar and their ability to support multiplayer and multiplatform. They don't say which platforms, nor do they say a release date..

Pockettactics and wargamer.com have a little piece on it
http://www.pockettactics.com/news/ios-news/hexwar-goes-a-bridge-too-far-with-latest-assault-on-arnhem/

I seriously hope it comes to Android and PC.
Title: Re: Arnhem Assault
Post by: spelk on February 25, 2016, 07:48:15 AM
Assault on Arnhem is now for sale, on PC and Mac & iPad.

https://www.hexwar.com/downloads/assault-on-arnhem/

$9.99
Title: Re: Arnhem Assault
Post by: PAK on February 26, 2016, 02:22:19 AM
I've got it for android tablet and I can't say I had a good play. Activation rules seem too restrictive, in Nijmegen scenario you can move two or three units out of entire 82nd first wave. And  the rest is laying idle in the drop zones for an entire turn (few hours). Scenario title "Operation Market Garden" is misleading, it only covers Market and in fact, only Nijmegen/Grave and Arnhem sectors (iirc).
Title: Re: Arnhem Assault
Post by: gameleaper on February 26, 2016, 11:09:15 AM
Quote from: spelk on February 25, 2016, 07:48:15 AM
Assault on Arnhem is now for sale, on PC and Mac & iPad.

https://www.hexwar.com/downloads/assault-on-arnhem/

$9.99

thx for the info
Title: Re: Arnhem Assault
Post by: tgb on February 26, 2016, 01:50:36 PM
I've purchased 3 games from Hexwar in the last year or so, and only one (Infection) was worth a damn.  The other two were a waste of money.  Also, support sucks. Nuts! (one of the three) was released on Steam a couple of weeks ago, and I thought I'd give it another shot since it had been updated.  I asked on the forum if previous owners would receive a Steam key.  That was 10 days ago.

I still haven't gotten a reply.
Title: Re: Arnhem Assault
Post by: spelk on March 04, 2016, 06:30:54 AM
I did, so you don't have to... unless you want to.. :)

http://sugarfreegamer.com/assaulting-arnhem/
Title: Re: Arnhem Assault
Post by: spelk on March 04, 2016, 06:45:02 PM
Quote from: tgb on February 26, 2016, 01:50:36 PM
I've purchased 3 games from Hexwar in the last year or so, and only one (Infection) was worth a damn.  The other two were a waste of money.  Also, support sucks. Nuts! (one of the three) was released on Steam a couple of weeks ago, and I thought I'd give it another shot since it had been updated.  I asked on the forum if previous owners would receive a Steam key.  That was 10 days ago.

I still haven't gotten a reply.

tgb have you tried tweeting them a direct message?

https://twitter.com/HexWarGames

Dunno how active they are in the forums.. but there are messages going on in their twitter feed, so you might get a response there?
Title: Re: Arnhem Assault
Post by: tgb on March 05, 2016, 05:50:15 AM
Quote from: spelk on March 04, 2016, 06:45:02 PM
Quote from: tgb on February 26, 2016, 01:50:36 PM
I've purchased 3 games from Hexwar in the last year or so, and only one (Infection) was worth a damn.  The other two were a waste of money.  Also, support sucks. Nuts! (one of the three) was released on Steam a couple of weeks ago, and I thought I'd give it another shot since it had been updated.  I asked on the forum if previous owners would receive a Steam key.  That was 10 days ago.

I still haven't gotten a reply.

tgb have you tried tweeting them a direct message?

https://twitter.com/HexWarGames

Dunno how active they are in the forums.. but there are messages going on in their twitter feed, so you might get a response there?

I don't tweet or twat or whatever you young people call it.  I've also tried emailing support and haven't gotten a reply.  What's more direct than that?
Title: Re: Arnhem Assault
Post by: spelk on March 05, 2016, 08:13:27 AM
Quote from: tgb on March 05, 2016, 05:50:15 AM
I don't tweet or twat or whatever you young people call it.  I've also tried emailing support and haven't gotten a reply.  What's more direct than that?

Ok.

I saw a tweet up on their feed yesterday, and thought well someone must be monitoring/posting up to it. So at least theres evidence of activity there. It's the only reason I mentioned it might be worth a go.

Tweeting and sending a direct tweet is quite an immediate form of communication these days. I know old fogeys don't like to dabble in this "new stuff" but still, if you're not getting any joy, and you haven't any evidence they're even checking their mail account, here there is evidence *someone* is communicating through their twitter feed.

Ilwinter were similarly terrible when it come to trying to get a Steam key out of them after I purchased their Dominions 3 game a while ago. They just didn't respond to any request I made. I guess some places just want your money and then they feel they have no further obligation to cater for your needs if their distribution methods change or become wider.

Just trying to help.
Title: Re: Arnhem Assault
Post by: tgb on March 05, 2016, 08:39:18 AM
And I appreciate that.  I'm just saying that we need to be wary of any publisher that can't be bothered to respond to support emails or posts in either their own forum or the Steam forum (yes, I tried that as well)>
Title: Re: Arnhem Assault
Post by: spelk on March 25, 2016, 05:00:12 PM
The Flare Path does a dissection on Arnhem

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/03/25/the-flare-path-black-berets-red-bearskins