GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: Nefaro on February 27, 2016, 03:22:08 PM

Title: Age Of Gladiators
Post by: Nefaro on February 27, 2016, 03:22:08 PM
"Joey?  Do you like movies about gladiators?"    :))


A new roster management style text sim came out recently.  This one doesn't look too bad, although I'm not sure how much depth it has in the RPG customization bit.  Still.. looks more promising than that other attempt by a different dev.

Anyone check it out yet?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/442500



Title: Re: Age Of Gladiators
Post by: gameleaper on February 27, 2016, 04:07:23 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on February 27, 2016, 03:22:08 PM
"Joey?  Do you like movies about gladiators?"    :))


A new roster management style text sim came out recently.  This one doesn't look too bad, although I'm not sure how much depth it has in the RPG customization bit.  Still.. looks more promising than that other attempt by a different dev.

Anyone check it out yet?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/442500





I wont buy it on steam, but if gog had it I would,
Title: Re: Age Of Gladiators
Post by: Steelgrave on February 27, 2016, 04:20:04 PM
At ten bucks and with good reviews, I bought it immediately and I'm about to dive into it. Steelie does like gladiator movies (ahem....don't assume anything from that, fellas). And hopefully gladiator games.
Title: Re: Age Of Gladiators
Post by: Gusington on February 27, 2016, 04:55:57 PM
I still remember the gladiator battles from Centurion: Defender of Rome fondly.
Title: Re: Age Of Gladiators
Post by: Sir Slash on February 27, 2016, 05:13:13 PM
Well I don't know anything about foldling Gladiators, but this game looks good to me too. Anybody played it yet?
Title: Re: Age Of Gladiators
Post by: Nefaro on February 27, 2016, 09:01:32 PM
Quote from: Sir Slash on February 27, 2016, 05:13:13 PM
Well I don't know anything about foldling Gladiators, but this game looks good to me too. Anybody played it yet?


I'll probably pick it up in the near future.  Just grabbed Atlantic Fleet, and having fun with that, so it will have to wait.  Briefly.  >:D


Judging from the vid, it looks like the weak spot is in the combat text side.  Not really any extra fluff there, even in the turn-by-turn descriptions.  Not sure how much I'd read battles with more expansive narration, but I'd think that it would add to the suspense with more effort there.  The rest of it looks very sport sim roster management style, which is the main draw for me.  :)
Title: Re: Age Of Gladiators
Post by: kludger on February 28, 2016, 07:47:20 PM
Looks interesting, some of the reviews mention it's not very deep, so waiting to hear more impressions.