GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: Grim.Reaper on February 29, 2016, 08:27:41 PM

Title: Battlefield 5: World War I?
Post by: Grim.Reaper on February 29, 2016, 08:27:41 PM
Saw this, interesting if true.....Battlefield rumored to take place in World War I.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/02/26/battlefield-5-reportedly-set-in-world-war-1-according-to-retailer
Title: Re: Battlefield 5: World War I?
Post by: Gusington on February 29, 2016, 08:52:08 PM
Ooh...hopefully there will be some kind of SP.
Title: Re: Battlefield 5: World War I?
Post by: SirAndrewD on February 29, 2016, 09:05:47 PM
Impossible.  Far too original and bold for EA.  If they do it it likely won't be done right.
Title: Re: Battlefield 5: World War I?
Post by: Skoop on February 29, 2016, 09:16:00 PM
Verdun has got'em beat if they think they going WWI.  It'll be hoaky if ea does WWI.
Title: Re: Battlefield 5: World War I?
Post by: Yskonyn on March 01, 2016, 01:44:28 AM
I think it is nothing but an early April fool's joke.
The Hallmark of the BF series has always been combined Arms. Fighting a trench war isn't about combined arms at all.

The journalist hinting at it earlier has edited his msg to a more generic one.
Call me cynical, but it probably was his way of getting his 15m of fame. 😀
Title: Re: Battlefield 5: World War I?
Post by: undercovergeek on March 01, 2016, 05:30:09 AM
not a chance
Title: Re: Battlefield 5: World War I?
Post by: jomni on March 01, 2016, 05:51:24 AM
Quote from: Yskonyn on March 01, 2016, 01:44:28 AM
I think it is nothing but an early April fool's joke.
The Hallmark of the BF series has always been combined Arms. Fighting a trench war isn't about combined arms at all.

The journalist hinting at it earlier has edited his msg to a more generic one.
Call me cynical, but it probably was his way of getting his 15m of fame. 😀

It is combined arms. Imagine flying your Albatros then jumping out and parachuting, landing into no mans land, bunny hopping to the depot. Reviving dead friends along the way. then gettin in an unmanned British Mk 1 Male Tank back to the front lines.

Wonder what kind of perks you'll get? Resistance to mustard gas?
Title: Re: Battlefield 5: World War I?
Post by: JasonPratt on March 01, 2016, 11:14:37 AM
Maybe a licensing deal with DC to use Wonder Woman in the single player campaign?!

Synchrony!  :D