GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: Rayfer on March 03, 2016, 03:47:50 PM

Title: Help with a Steam issue
Post by: Rayfer on March 03, 2016, 03:47:50 PM
I watch video trailers on many sites, like here and on youtube, without any issues at all.  But when I play one on a Steam product page it just keeps stopping and starting, stopping and starting, in 3-4 second cycles.  I've stopped trying to watch them which is a huge disappointment. It just happened again trying to watch the trailer for No Man's Sky.  Anyone have an idea why this happens only on Steam??  Thanks.
Title: Re: Help with a Steam issue
Post by: Jarhead0331 on March 03, 2016, 03:52:59 PM
This happens to me sometimes too. Its hard to diagnose though because it doesn't happen all the time, only on occasion.
Title: Re: Help with a Steam issue
Post by: Huw the Poo on March 03, 2016, 04:54:36 PM
If it's only on Steam, the most obvious conclusion is simply their server is hammered, or perhaps there's congestion in your route to those servers.

In my experience Steam's servers are a lot worse than they used to be.  They used to max out my connection no problem when I download games; these days that's a rarity.
Title: Re: Help with a Steam issue
Post by: Sir Slash on March 03, 2016, 07:29:09 PM
I've had the same problem on occasion especially if I go full-screen with their videos. Steam Grimlins.
Title: Re: Help with a Steam issue
Post by: AchillesLastStand on March 03, 2016, 08:22:53 PM
Quote from: Rayfer on March 03, 2016, 03:47:50 PM
I watch video trailers on many sites, like here and on youtube, without any issues at all.  But when I play one on a Steam product page it just keeps stopping and starting, stopping and starting, in 3-4 second cycles.  I've stopped trying to watch them which is a huge disappointment. It just happened again trying to watch the trailer for No Man's Sky.  Anyone have an idea why this happens only on Steam??  Thanks.

Have you tried going to Adobe's website and downloading the latest version of flash player?
Title: Re: Help with a Steam issue
Post by: Rayfer on March 03, 2016, 10:22:39 PM
Quote from: AchillesLastStand on March 03, 2016, 08:22:53 PM
Quote from: Rayfer on March 03, 2016, 03:47:50 PM
I watch video trailers on many sites, like here and on youtube, without any issues at all.  But when I play one on a Steam product page it just keeps stopping and starting, stopping and starting, in 3-4 second cycles.  I've stopped trying to watch them which is a huge disappointment. It just happened again trying to watch the trailer for No Man's Sky.  Anyone have an idea why this happens only on Steam??  Thanks.

Have you tried going to Adobe's website and downloading the latest version of flash player?

No....but open to giving it a try.  Thanks.