GrogHeads Forum

After Action Reports => Tabletop AARs => Topic started by: avrotim on March 24, 2016, 08:49:47 PM

Title: Russian Campaign: AvroTim (Tim) vs Diced Tomato (Mike)
Post by: avrotim on March 24, 2016, 08:49:47 PM
Diced-Tomato (hereafter refered to as DT) had kindly allowed me to post an AAR on our ongoing game of Russian Campaign.  We are playing via VASSAL.  Its been a bit rough since DT has never used it before and its been several years since I had (why is there a Vsave And a vlog??).  We are using the 4th edition rules.  Here is the set up.  I am playing the Germans and DT is the Russians.  DT's setup is not bad, but could allow a breakout since parts of his setup has only a single line of units.  In Russian Campaign, the turns are divided into two impluses and potentially two combat phases.  If I can take out enough units in his line in the first impulse I should be able to move quickly forward in the second impulse.
Title: Re: Russian Campaign: AvroTim (Tim) vs Diced Tomato (Mike)
Post by: Barthheart on March 24, 2016, 10:19:15 PM
Vsav is just a save of the current state of the game. Vlog will save all your actions so your opponent play back to see what you did and how you did it.