NSFW
It's going to be a D&D weekend. Fantasy Grounds tonight with Bison and Idlewilder and a couple of others. There should be ample time for some Civ IV mp and whatever else I choose. The only thing I am not looking forward to is the lawn mowing. Welcome Spring!
Game convention weekend. 3 days of table top gaming and some bourbon drinking.
Interesting video! :knuppel2:
Will play:
- Grand Ages: Rome
- Beta of new 4x
- Master of Orion
Strange video MD...never made it to the end. But....more turns of WitP:AE, while the Japanese continue their unstoppable conquest of the southwest pacific and my allies scramble to stay alive.
Glad to see you survived last night MD....
The natives are getting restless for Heroes of the Nam on VASSAL so I better make a concerted effort on that this weekend.
PBEM DC3 with Jason.... interesting times on the East Front....
Polaris Sector
Call to Arms... Although I'm finding it a bit hectic.... maybe need to enable that slow down hack....
CiV IV if I can corner the others before their bed time.... ;)
Master of Orion
Polaris Sector...and wait for it...
Emperor of the Fading Suns.
The Last Door - wonderfully atmospheric pixelart point and clicker. I'm playing through the first season and beat episode 3 in one sitting last night, so just the final episode to go and then onto the recently released second season! This series would be a good introduction to point and clickers actually, as they're not especially difficult but the story is good.
Kingdom - this is one of those games that seems harder than it really is. That said, I can't quite beat it. Last night I came within a gnat's foreskin of victory but it was cruelly snatched from my grasp. Next time! Extremely compelling gameplay by the way.
Rising World - I've been dipping in and out of this early access title for a while. It's the same kind of game as Minecraft only much more realistic. Beautifully-realised world. Not much game there yet, but I'm just enjoying pottering about and building things.
If anybody sees "me" playing Who's Your Daddy or Roommates, that's my kids. :)
Quote from: Huw the Poo on April 01, 2016, 06:54:16 AM
[....
If anybody sees "me" playing Who's Your Daddy or Roommates, that's my kids. :)
Sure, sure,.... that's exactly what I though when
Who's Your Daddy popped up on my Steam friends feed.... O0
Quote from: Barthheart on April 01, 2016, 06:56:01 AM
Quote from: Huw the Poo on April 01, 2016, 06:54:16 AM
If anybody sees "me" playing Who's Your Daddy or Roommates, that's my kids. :)
Sure, sure,.... that's exactly what I though when Who's Your Daddy popped up on my Steam friends feed.... O0
Heh. I have been bullied into playing the odd game with them, but for the most part they either play together or against randoms online. It's quite an amusing game actually, but there isn't enough in it to keep me entertained for more than five minutes.
Quote from: Barthheart on April 01, 2016, 06:35:58 AM
CiV IV if I can corner the others before their bed time.... ;)
Hey MD ended last night's not me!!!!! Just cause I didn't want to start another one due to sleepy time, no need for me to take a dig! :'(
Quote from: Tuna on April 01, 2016, 07:28:53 AM
Quote from: Barthheart on April 01, 2016, 06:35:58 AM
CiV IV if I can corner the others before their bed time.... ;)
Hey MD ended last night's not me!!!!! Just cause I didn't want to start another one due to sleepy time, no need for me to take a dig! :'(
MD's excuse of "I'm about to be sucked up by a tornado, I gotta go NOW." is better than your "It's my beddy by time."... just sayin.... :2funny:
Taking my daughters on an overnight to an indoor waterpark and safari. Pray for me.
If I return I wilk continue with my Age of Vikings campaign as the Kingdom of Dublin in Age of Charlemagne. Last night I completed the conquest of Eire and established the Kingdom of Ireland. Now the real festivities can begin as I attempt to take Winchester from English rebels.
I switched over to this mod after getting shelled in the standard Age of Charlemagne campaign as the Danes.
Quote from: Barthheart on April 01, 2016, 07:35:08 AM
Quote from: Tuna on April 01, 2016, 07:28:53 AM
Quote from: Barthheart on April 01, 2016, 06:35:58 AM
CiV IV if I can corner the others before their bed time.... ;)
Hey MD ended last night's not me!!!!! Just cause I didn't want to start another one due to sleepy time, no need for me to take a dig! :'(
MD's excuse of "I'm about to be sucked up by a tornado, I gotta go NOW." is better than your "It's my beddy by time."... just sayin.... :2funny:
As I have the Civ 5 complete pack, does that work with your scenarios in Civ 4? I have learned as much as I can as Queen Elizabeth Gloriana (my fav real history babe), ready to step in the pond with MP.
Quote from: Gusington on April 01, 2016, 07:54:48 AM
Taking my daughters on an overnight to an indoor waterpark and safari. Pray for me.
Great Wolf?
Quote from: Hancock on April 01, 2016, 08:17:33 AM
Quote from: Barthheart on April 01, 2016, 07:35:08 AM
Quote from: Tuna on April 01, 2016, 07:28:53 AM
Quote from: Barthheart on April 01, 2016, 06:35:58 AM
CiV IV if I can corner the others before their bed time.... ;)
Hey MD ended last night's not me!!!!! Just cause I didn't want to start another one due to sleepy time, no need for me to take a dig! :'(
MD's excuse of "I'm about to be sucked up by a tornado, I gotta go NOW." is better than your "It's my beddy by time."... just sayin.... :2funny:
As I have the Civ 5 complete pack, does that work with your scenarios in Civ 4? I have learned as much as I can as Queen Elizabeth Gloriana (my fav real history babe), ready to step in the pond with MP.
No it won't but you and Tuna and I and anyone else interested should start up a Civ V game. In fact, before Tuna went sleepy time last night he was lamenting the fact it was a school night otherwise he'd have contacted you for a game.
Quote from: Gusington on April 01, 2016, 07:54:48 AM
Taking my daughters on an overnight to an indoor waterpark and safari. Pray for me.
Just you, sans wife?
A scene from The Hunt for Red October comes to mind, when Tim Curry's character salutes Sean Connery and says, "You will receive the Order of Lenin for this!"
;D
Quote from: sandman2575 on April 01, 2016, 08:48:18 AM
Quote from: Gusington on April 01, 2016, 07:54:48 AM
Taking my daughters on an overnight to an indoor waterpark and safari. Pray for me.
Just you, sans wife?
A scene from The Hunt for Red October comes to mind, when Tim Curry's character salutes Sean Connery and says, "You will receive the Order of Lenin for this!"
;D
I'm picturing more Lord of the Flies.... :2funny:
Considering I am ending what has been a total shit week at work and the weather is supposed to be shat this weekend here too I think I will splurge and pick up Polaris Sector and spend the weekend playing that.
I am giving-up all my gaming this weekend to instead build houses for the poor and watch Date movies with my wife........... APRIL FOOL!!! :2funny: It'll be CMBN's Market-Garden campaign mission 1 and some PoE to un-wind after. And Civil War II if it's real quiet around here which it usually isn't on weekends.
I think probably just F1 2015 now that I've found out why my wheels kept locking in game! I've spent countless hours going in and out of this game wondering wtf is wrong with my setup...my wheels lock at the slightest touch of the brake. Seems all I had to do was go in and go through the axis assigning phase again...work great now.
I don't know as yet if that's a regular thing - but at least I know what my first port of call should be now (next time).
I'm playing F1 2015 on Pro Season which means no assists, AI to Legend and full practice, qualifying and race times/distances. Also maximum damage, but the damage model is shite in the game anyway, so it's probably not even worth mentioning that bit.
Also I might throw in some more Masters of Orion
Total War Rome II: After struggling to survive in Attila, I'm trying my hand at the Sparta DLC (mainly so I can stomp around the house yelling, "THIS IS SPARTA!!").
Combat Mission Final Blitzkrieg: Playing the demo scenarios.
Combat Mission Black Sea: Try out some user-made scenarios. Maybe make a vid.
Quote from: Barthheart on April 01, 2016, 08:47:24 AM
Quote from: Hancock on April 01, 2016, 08:17:33 AM
Quote from: Barthheart on April 01, 2016, 07:35:08 AM
Quote from: Tuna on April 01, 2016, 07:28:53 AM
Quote from: Barthheart on April 01, 2016, 06:35:58 AM
CiV IV if I can corner the others before their bed time.... ;)
Hey MD ended last night's not me!!!!! Just cause I didn't want to start another one due to sleepy time, no need for me to take a dig! :'(
MD's excuse of "I'm about to be sucked up by a tornado, I gotta go NOW." is better than your "It's my beddy by time."... just sayin.... :2funny:
As I have the Civ 5 complete pack, does that work with your scenarios in Civ 4? I have learned as much as I can as Queen Elizabeth Gloriana (my fav real history babe), ready to step in the pond with MP.
No it won't but you and Tuna and I and anyone else interested should start up a Civ V game. In fact, before Tuna went sleepy time last night he was lamenting the fact it was a school night otherwise he'd have contacted you for a game.
Yeah the proposed 'new' game when I told Barth I needed to get to Bed, was to ping you, since you were online. O0
Playing "Polaris Sector". May try Homeworld: deserts of Kharak" for my future land battle fix
I probably will spend some time on the season 5 wizard I started this week in Diablo 3. Just one more task to complete to finish chapter 4 and get the season rewards. When I tried it last night I got my ass handed to me, so I don't know if I'll complete it before the season ends in 2 weeks.
I will also spend some time with Polaris Sector and possibly Master of Orion. I could see some Battlefield 4 happening as well since I've been in the mood.
The other thing I undoubtedly will be doing is some of my development work and testing for the next Red Hat kernel release. Still a couple months before our development deadline, but I have a number of tasks to still finish.
When i can i will squeeze in Polaris Sector, its one of those 'ill go to bed after the research is finished, dammit, ill go to bed after ive attacked those pirates, goddamit ill go after ive colonised that planet' games
I will be chasing girlie Australians across the desert in WitP AE PBEM with KyzBP
thats about it - going to London on Sunday, first time in 2 years having worked there 50% of the year for the last 15 years
have a good weekend all
Absolute craziness no doubt coming tomorrow in this weekend's installment(s) of DC3:Barbarossa with Barth. Also, disaster. (I feel safe predicting that each week since I'm playing Russia, but I feel safer predicting it this week.)
Keeping an eye out for Windy so we can do that XCOM2 multiplayer game.
I found a local group who has recently just discovered Dawn of War: Soulstorm, so I'll be looking to multiplay that this weekend somewhat.
Somewhat to my surprise, after I finished Ryse: Son of Rome last weekend, I've chugged along on finishing the second half of the WH40K: Space Marine 3PS brawler. That may continue.
I feel the call of a bunch of other games, but nothing specifically strong enough to guess at playing.
Quote from: vyshka on April 01, 2016, 12:09:56 PM
The other thing I undoubtedly will be doing is some of my development work and testing for the next Red Hat kernel release. Still a couple months before our development deadline, but I have a number of tasks to still finish.
You're a Red Hat dev? That's awesome! Much respect to you, sir. Congrats on the recent $2bn milestone! O0
Quote from: Huw the Poo on April 01, 2016, 12:37:25 PM
Quote from: vyshka on April 01, 2016, 12:09:56 PM
The other thing I undoubtedly will be doing is some of my development work and testing for the next Red Hat kernel release. Still a couple months before our development deadline, but I have a number of tasks to still finish.
You're a Red Hat dev? That's awesome! Much respect to you, sir. Congrats on the recent $2bn milestone! O0
Thanks. Yes, I'm on the kernel platform enablement team.
Quote from: vyshka on April 01, 2016, 12:56:06 PM
Thanks. Yes, I'm on the kernel platform enablement team.
That sounds Really Important! At a guess, you help to ensure the kernel works on the various architectures you support?
Just picked up Endless Legend and Man of War 2 Complete edition on Gamersgate's one day deals 66% off!
I also saw WW1 Centennial Edition going for £4.50. A great (but complex to learn) WW1 strategic level game that hasn't been available for a while, but obviously is now. O0
Quote from: Huw the Poo on April 01, 2016, 01:21:14 PM
Quote from: vyshka on April 01, 2016, 12:56:06 PM
Thanks. Yes, I'm on the kernel platform enablement team.
That sounds Really Important! At a guess, you help to ensure the kernel works on the various architectures you support?
Yes, we work with partners to make sure their hardware with the upstream kernel and the Red Hat kernel. So the team is upstream kernel people like Steve Rostedt, John Linville, Jes Sorensen, and then me. :)
All this talk of kernels has made me crave popcorn, and curiously given me the urge to play Kerbal Space Program. Otherwise, the rest is all greek.
Korsun '44 ( www.johntillersoftware.com )
Command: Modern Air Naval Operations ( www.matrixgames.com )
winSPWW2 ( www.shrapnelgames.com )
Quote from: stolypin on April 01, 2016, 01:41:46 PM
Korsun '44 ( www.johntillersoftware.com )
Command: Modern Air Naval Operations ( www.matrixgames.com )
winSPWW2 ( www.shrapnelgames.com )
Sounds good. Me: CMANO, CMFB, El Molino Del Rey and maybe some other stuff!
Going to play a bit of Call to Arms and I will try the new demo of CM: The final Blitzkrieg
That is, due to many social activities with wife friends of house warming BBQs and getting wasted...etc
I had no idea Vyshka was an inside man.
JH: it may be Great Wolf, honestly the less I know about it the better. What I do know is that my older daughter wanted to go to a Knicks game and when I priced tickets it was 600+ dollahs for 5 of us to go, to which I promptly responded with 'no effing way.' So now there's this.
The Wife will be with us, thank God. Do I still get the Order of Lenin?
Didn't realize we had some tri-staters here. On principle alone I try to avoid the city. I can count the fingers of one hand the last time I went there in the last decade
Sorry, posting on phone sux. Anyway...I would think you'd have more fun at GWL than a knicks game...I know at least you'll have much better lifelong memories!
CMRT PBEM
Close Combat: Last Stand Arnhem - playing as the British in the Arnhem operation.
Napoleon's Campaigns
Quote from: MetalDog on April 01, 2016, 05:57:16 AM
NSFW
It's going to be a D&D weekend. Fantasy Grounds tonight with Bison and Idlewilder and a couple of others. There should be ample time for some Civ IV mp and whatever else I choose. The only thing I am not looking forward to is the lawn mowing. Welcome Spring!
Not exactly my style of music but I am blown away! The band is only two guys!? Pretty amazing what sound they can get from just bass and drums.
Quote from: Boggit on April 01, 2016, 01:31:54 PM
I also saw WW1 Centennial Edition going for £4.50. A great (but complex to learn) WW1 strategic level game that hasn't been available for a while, but obviously is now. O0
The weird provisions of the lawsuit mean that the game can be sold on Gamersgate, with a Steam key I think, but not sold on Steam, nor supported anywhere.
So it isn't really any more available than it has been since the lawsuit.
I sure hope things get ironed out eventually so that Matrix or whoever will come back to supporting WW1G. It still needs some bugfixes; my Absolute Newbie campaign crashed and burned out of the gate due to an unexpected game-killing bug in the CentEdition. (I haven't tested whether the Matrix edition has that bug, partly because it may difficult to replicate without hacking the game data somehow to trigger the same situation.)
Meanwhile, I have been authorized by the developers of Matrixlitherine's upcoming new game, Virtual General -- an Occulus Rift supported immersive Civil War troop management simulator (http://www.matrixgames.com/news/1917/War.is.real:.Virtual.General.is.coming.soon.on.PC!), developed I think by the developer who holds the rights to the Take Command series (not whoever went on to do Scourge of War) -- to offer ten closed beta keys here on Grogheads!
I already claimed one myself, so that leaves nine over. Due to the massive technological leaps involved in producing and supporting this game, the beta keys must be paid for, but I think if you read the link the offer sounds worth it.
If you agree, you may use Paypal to send me $150, or about the cost of early access to Planetary Annihilation, and once the funds have transferred and I've sent them on to Matrix, I'll email you the download link and a code.
:coolsmiley:
Quote from: Gusington on April 01, 2016, 05:15:02 PM
....
The Wife will be with us, thank God. Do I still get the Order of Lenin?
No.
Will be testing out and maybe doing a gameplay video for the beta of Combined Arms Operations series by NS2. Trying to get through the online tutorials. But oh my god can a dev make a wargame tutorial without sounding like they are incredibly bored. Its like listening to Will Smith in After Earth talk about corps structure
Also testing out panzer campaigns for the first time. And continuing the battle of waterloo
I'll be playing waiting for Barthheart and Jason's DC3 pbem update :) also i'll be murdering zombies and building my tower compound with OJ's help in 7 days to Die
Quote from: JasonPratt on April 01, 2016, 06:23:38 PM
Meanwhile, I have been authorized by the developers of Matrixlitherine's upcoming new game, Virtual General -- an Occulus Rift supported immersive Civil War troop management simulator (http://www.matrixgames.com/news/1917/War.is.real:.Virtual.General.is.coming.soon.on.PC!), developed I think by the developer who holds the rights to the Take Command series (not whoever went on to do Scourge of War) -- to offer ten closed beta keys here on Grogheads!
I already claimed one myself, so that leaves nine over. Due to the massive technological leaps involved in producing and supporting this game, the beta keys must be paid for, but I think if you read the link the offer sounds worth it.
If you agree, you may use Paypal to send me $150, or about the cost of early access to Planetary Annihilation, and once the funds have transferred and I've sent them on to Matrix, I'll email you the download link and a code.
:coolsmiley:
I wonder what today is. ;)
I would like to see someone develop something like vassal or tabletop simulator for oculus, vive, and hololens.
Good to know that some of you watch the videos I post. Even better to know that some of you like it. They have another song that has been pretty big for them. The video is just the two of them playing a concert.
And while the tornadoes didn't get me this time, they did go through where I lived for a few years. Nothing major, but, still scary as hell.
Quote from: JasonPratt on April 01, 2016, 06:16:57 PM
Quote from: Boggit on April 01, 2016, 01:31:54 PM
I also saw WW1 Centennial Edition going for £4.50. A great (but complex to learn) WW1 strategic level game that hasn't been available for a while, but obviously is now. O0
The weird provisions of the lawsuit mean that the game can be sold on Gamersgate, with a Steam key I think, but not sold on Steam, nor supported anywhere.
So it isn't really any more available than it has been since the lawsuit.
I sure hope things get ironed out eventually so that Matrix or whoever will come back to supporting WW1G. It still needs some bugfixes; my Absolute Newbie campaign crashed and burned out of the gate due to an unexpected game-killing bug in the CentEdition. (I haven't tested whether the Matrix edition has that bug, partly because it may difficult to replicate without hacking the game data somehow to trigger the same situation.)
It might be worth restarting your game? I've had no CTD's so far, and frankly found it more stable (not to mention faster) than the AGEOD copy of WW1 Gold that I got on a disk bundle. I probably got the Steam version of the game from Gamersgate on sale originally. As far as I can recall, got issued a Steam key and have played it off and on since I bought it without any problems as far as I remember it. The only real issue, IIRC, for me was getting to grips with the game mechanics. :o
Jamus I fled NYC 16 years ago and don't miss it at all :)
Just played Attila: Total War for about 2.5 hours...probably all I will get in until Monday.
Gus, how's your campaign going?
Quote from: vyshka on April 01, 2016, 07:15:59 PM
Quote from: JasonPratt on April 01, 2016, 06:23:38 PM
Meanwhile, I have been authorized by the developers of Matrixlitherine's upcoming new game, Virtual General -- an Occulus Rift supported immersive Civil War troop management simulator (http://www.matrixgames.com/news/1917/War.is.real:.Virtual.General.is.coming.soon.on.PC!), developed I think by the developer who holds the rights to the Take Command series (not whoever went on to do Scourge of War) -- to offer ten closed beta keys here on Grogheads!
I already claimed one myself, so that leaves nine over. Due to the massive technological leaps involved in producing and supporting this game, the beta keys must be paid for, but I think if you read the link the offer sounds worth it.
If you agree, you may use Paypal to send me $150, or about the cost of early access to Planetary Annihilation, and once the funds have transferred and I've sent them on to Matrix, I'll email you the download link and a code.
:coolsmiley:
I wonder what today is. ;)
I would like to see someone develop something like vassal or tabletop simulator for oculus, vive, and hololens.
Duhh.....
Its Friday.
Didnt you read the title of the thread?
SHeesh. Newbies around here. Smh.
Complete My Tax summary to send to the accountant
Grade
Play Fallout 4
Unfortunately, in that order.
Gus, Great Wolf Lodge is a lot of fun, and that's coming from me...someone that doesn't like to go anywhere. There are far worst places to spend the evening, and no, you don't get an order of Lenin for taking your kid to one of the cooler water parks on the east coast. Gotta try harder for that, man.
No real gaming plans yet. I'd like to get back into BMS Falcon, but really I just don't know at this point. I'll check in tomorrow and see if anything grabbed me.
Started of with some World of Warships last night. The new higher tier Cruisers having radar really puts a crimp on Destroyer joy. :idiot2:. Later played some Civ V with Hancock and a friend from work. This morning Civ IV with MD and his friend. Tonight 50th Bday party for another co-worker, so no gaming.
Let's see...finally hit Level 30 last night in The Division, and I'm fully taking the fight to the Last Man Battalion at this point. Gaming day over at a buddy's place today. Usually play lighter fare over there, but it's all good. And tomorrow I'll hit The Division some more, and perhaps do a bit of board gaming as I await the arrival of Star Wars Rebellion, as well as a big buy from a BGG auction, this week.
Well we are at Kalahari, not Great Wolf. It's not bad but there are some true genetic specimens to see here.
Big gut my Age of Vikings campaign is definitely easier than the vanilla campaign as the Danes. I own all of Ireland and took out Mercia so I have a good economic base. I did make an error in declaring war on the Kingdom of Leon, though. I held on to their city of Santander for a few years despite them being allied with Navarre, Asturias, France and a couple of other powers. I finally withdrew when I wasn't making inroads and am trying to make peace with those powers now, while sending a full army east to see what I can see in East Francia.
Very fun campaign and the battles are great when I take the time to play them out.
So far, I played about 10 minutes of Dungeon Siege 1, and 3 games of Madden 25. The Pats are 6-1, and I'm pretty sure I lost that one game because I was loaded on scotch...I don't actually remember, to be honest. Could be the problem. ::)
Excellent choices of music, MD. That's one of those bands I've heard quite a bit, but never actually knew their name. Nice find. :smitten:
How is Dungeon Siege?
Dungeon Siege was one of my all time favorite games. The others in the series weren't nearly as much fun.
Worth getting now or is it too dated?
Quote from: Gusington on April 02, 2016, 09:58:10 PM
Worth getting now or is it too dated?
I haven't fired it up yet since I got it on Steam, but the series is usually available for pocket change during the sales.
Yeah. It's worth a try if it's cheap like vyska says. Good story as I remember, lots of action and combat and some very nice areas to fight through with a very good camera system to follow the action. 3-D But very dated now and a system that allows your character to get better at whatever they do, like melee, missle, spells. Lots of loot.
Quote from: Sir Slash on April 02, 2016, 11:22:15 PM
Yeah. It's worth a try if it's cheap like vyska says. Good story as I remember, lots of action and combat and some very nice areas to fight through with a very good camera system to follow the action. 3-D But very dated now and a system that allows your character to get better at whatever they do, like melee, missle, spells. Lots of loot.
Here is what it looks like at 1920x1080 these days:
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fimages.akamai.steamusercontent.com%2Fugc%2F282972844628959621%2FF031D384D12E8B4A317F8D741F913E65A8C6245A%2F&hash=00607344033c8247d6e5af28d4da74c7ae98ed97)
Edit: It has an interesting mechanic in that you don't choose a class like in Diablo, or others, but improve at things by doing them. So to improve at ranged attacks use ranged weapons and so on.
Thanks, Toonces! Glad we have something we can agree on :)
Thanks for the above guys. That picture looks pretty good to me...will check it out on Steam once I am freed from the kiddie prison I am currently occupying, hopefully later today.
I hope you like hitting the H key repeatedly...
Quote from: Huw the Poo on April 03, 2016, 12:17:34 PM
I hope you like hitting the H key repeatedly...
Ain't that the truth...But that said I love me some DS.
How'd you get it to run in 1920x1080?
Quote from: Toonces on April 03, 2016, 04:59:41 PM
How'd you get it to run in 1920x1080?
I found this http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=384309700
Edit: But it did not work for me. Still launches in 640x480.
Edit+: Game starts in low res but when you actually enter the world it switches to 1920x1080
Quote from: WYBaugh on April 03, 2016, 05:12:23 PM
Quote from: Toonces on April 03, 2016, 04:59:41 PM
How'd you get it to run in 1920x1080?
I found this http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=384309700
Edit: But it did not work for me. Still launches in 640x480.
Edit+: Game starts in low res but when you actually enter the world it switches to 1920x1080
Yeah, once the game play itself starts it jumps to 1920x1080.
I have this in my launch options: width=1920 height=1080 fullscreen=true bltonly=true vsync=true maxfps=60
I've also run into an issue if plays.tv is running, so I'd have to make sure that it turned off when I run the game otherwise it won't behave properly.
Damn. That still looks pretty good for an old game vyshka. I can't remember what the 'H' key did exactly, probably for Heal I'm thinking. I remember some tough fights but nothing that required constant healing. I seem to recall the party size was up to 8? And one could be a Pack Mule that could carry about a ton of loot that would automatically run away from combat. But if one got hit and died, they would just explode loot everywhere. It was kind of funny but you had to be there. There was an underground Goblin Lair that had tech stuff everywhere and a Boss-Fight---- Spoiler Alert---- against the Goblin Chief in a giant Mech Warrior suit. That was a real bitch but fun. Good times.
Quote from: Sir Slash on April 03, 2016, 09:37:41 PM
I can't remember what the 'H' key did exactly, probably for Heal I'm thinking. I remember some tough fights but nothing that required constant healing.
Yep, and this is precisely why I didn't like Dungeon Siege at all. Party AI was good enough that combat was hands-off, with the exception of hitting H to get everyone to drink healing potions. So all you did was repeatedly press H until the fight is won, rinse, and repeat. Boring game.
Quote from: Huw the Poo on April 04, 2016, 01:20:46 AM
Quote from: Sir Slash on April 03, 2016, 09:37:41 PM
I can't remember what the 'H' key did exactly, probably for Heal I'm thinking. I remember some tough fights but nothing that required constant healing.
Yep, and this is precisely why I didn't like Dungeon Siege at all. Party AI was good enough that combat was hands-off, with the exception of hitting H to get everyone to drink healing potions. So all you did was repeatedly press H until the fight is won, rinse, and repeat. Boring game.
Yeah, when I originally played it back in 2001 I played it multiplayer with my 2 roommates. More fun that way I imagine.
I've played one map of Grand Ages Rome which i really like and some Master of Orion that i find sometimes a little boring (gameplay is slow)....i've also played bits of Armada 2526 and some others.
Due to the discussion here, i've mostly played Grand Ages Medieval and have progressed in the introduction campaign even beyond what i had played when the game was released.
Has that intro tutorial been improved?
Quote from: Gusington on April 04, 2016, 06:49:35 AM
Has that intro tutorial been improved?
From what i remember, it's a little better thanks to some improvement from the patch (faster battles for example or building of walls). It's still a fairly long intro campaign and there's a lot of information you have to read (for example how to increase population faster in cities). The story/cutscenes are very well made but are not really my style so i have to say that i don't really feel very much involved in the story...
Dungeon Siege doesn't require much thinking, that's for sure. That's kind of why I gravitated to it the other night- just didn't feel like thinking.
I got hooked by Naval Action yesterday, I can tell this is going to be a time suck!
Quote from: Tuna on April 04, 2016, 08:54:22 AM
I got hooked by Naval Action yesterday, I can tell this is going to be a time suck!
That's why I have avoided it to date. Between WoW, WT and now Civ, I can barely spend quality time on any. Just what I need is a game where getting to the battle is at 1800's frigate speed. No thanks at the moment, but may jump in during the summer.
Enjoyed my first Civ MP Friday evening. Let's def do that again.
So I spent most of my very limited quiet time this weekend advancing my CMBN/ MG Campaign, Mission 1. SPOILER ALERT---- Among other targets you have to take-out a German flak battery in an entrenched position.
I spot the flak guns with my paratroopers, get an FO in position and call in 81mm mortars and they hit nothing. 100 Rounds and nothing. Damn those Germans make good trenches. A strafing run by a Brit. Spitfire also hits nothing. I get one gun, 20mm, of the 3 there with indirect 60mm mortars, but the rest we have to do the hard way.
So I carefully maneuver my paratroopers into hedgerows on three sides of the position close enough to do the job, while running into several German ambushes from a few MG's guarding the place, losing more men as well as anybody that the flak gunners see and always seem to hit with one shot.
My plan is to call in another strafing run and when it begins, I open up on the flak guns with everybody on all 3 sides. Perfect plan. Until..... The Brit Spitfire arrives and mistakenly strafes my own troops. :tickedoff: DAMMIT! I mean the Germans are right out in the open, in trenches, with big AA guns. And this guy misses them and hits my guys hiding behind hedgerows.
That's what I love, and hate, about this game. It lets your most meticulous, perfect laid plans-- fail epically. Because one guy couldn't pick-out an elephant in a field of weiner dogs.
The story has a happy ending though. When Pilot Magoo came around again, he hit the right target this time and everybody he didn't kill on the first pass opens up and in 3 minutes the whole German position is full of Red Crosses and Skull & Bones. Giving me the Mission Win. And a great story to tell.
I ended up playing a little bit of Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 with my daughters, who think the fact that you can go on the rides is the greatest thing ever. I also managed to finish the chapter 4 tasks for Season 5 in Diablo 3. I wasn't understanding that you didn't have to complete all the things that get listed in the set dungeon, just 1 of the primary tasks and that wasn't difficult. I also spent some time beginning to play Polaris Sector, but haven't gotten too far in my game yet. I played over an hour of Dungeon Siege after it came up in this thread, and finished out the weekend playing some Battlefield 4 for the first time in many months.
Quote from: Hancock on April 04, 2016, 10:53:26 AM
Quote from: Tuna on April 04, 2016, 08:54:22 AM
I got hooked by Naval Action yesterday, I can tell this is going to be a time suck!
That's why I have avoided it to date. Between WoW, WT and now Civ, I can barely spend quality time on any. Just what I need is a game where getting to the battle is at 1800's frigate speed. No thanks at the moment, but may jump in during the summer.
Enjoyed my first Civ MP Friday evening. Let's def do that again.
Actually getting 'to the battle' does not take that long. It's a different travel world/speed when heading to stuff. Battles themselves are more real time. Come to the Dark Side!
Which server are you in Tuna? And what nation? I'm in the PvE sailing for the Brits.
no gaming for me tonight...coming back from an excellent A-Ha concert!
^Are you kidding me? They still tour??
Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on April 04, 2016, 03:12:33 PM
Which server are you in Tuna? And what nation? I'm in the PvE sailing for the Brits.
I think PVE EU first server.. sailing for US.. friend from World of Warships in on the US.. I guess the Pirates are reaking havoc, taking over all the ports!
Quote from: Gusington on April 04, 2016, 07:34:29 PM
^Are you kidding me? They still tour??
No kidding...it was great.
Well hey now...do they still release new albums?
Quote from: Gusington on April 05, 2016, 07:14:50 AM
Well hey now...do they still release new albums?
They said a couple of times that they stopped but after a while they seem to have fun doing it again...
They released a nice album last year called "cast in steel" but one of my favorites is the one from 2009 called "Foot of the mountain".
I can't believe in 2016 we're discussing the newest A Ha releases. :2funny:
Quote from: Gusington on April 05, 2016, 05:35:12 PM
I can't believe in 2016 we're discussing the newest A Ha releases. :2funny:
...on a forum for computer wargaming
Quote from: Father Ted on April 06, 2016, 03:43:12 PM
Quote from: Gusington on April 05, 2016, 05:35:12 PM
I can't believe in 2016 we're discussing the newest A Ha releases. :2funny:
...on a forum for computer wargaming
Well...it's the friday thread.... ;)
Quote from: Sir Slash on April 04, 2016, 12:16:31 PM
So I spent most of my very limited quiet time this weekend advancing my CMBN/ MG Campaign, Mission 1. SPOILER ALERT---- Among other targets you have to take-out a German flak battery in an entrenched position.
I spot the flak guns with my paratroopers, get an FO in position and call in 81mm mortars and they hit nothing. 100 Rounds and nothing. Damn those Germans make good trenches. A strafing run by a Brit. Spitfire also hits nothing. I get one gun, 20mm, of the 3 there with indirect 60mm mortars, but the rest we have to do the hard way.
So I carefully maneuver my paratroopers into hedgerows on three sides of the position close enough to do the job, while running into several German ambushes from a few MG's guarding the place, losing more men as well as anybody that the flak gunners see and always seem to hit with one shot.
My plan is to call in another strafing run and when it begins, I open up on the flak guns with everybody on all 3 sides. Perfect plan. Until..... The Brit Spitfire arrives and mistakenly strafes my own troops. :tickedoff: DAMMIT! I mean the Germans are right out in the open, in trenches, with big AA guns. And this guy misses them and hits my guys hiding behind hedgerows.
That's what I love, and hate, about this game. It lets your most meticulous, perfect laid plans-- fail epically. Because one guy couldn't pick-out an elephant in a field of weiner dogs.
The story has a happy ending though. When Pilot Magoo came around again, he hit the right target this time and everybody he didn't kill on the first pass opens up and in 3 minutes the whole German position is full of Red Crosses and Skull & Bones. Giving me the Mission Win. And a great story to tell.
Sweet! O0 I just love that game.
Spoiler alert - you will have SOOO much fun with that campaign. Just wait till you get to mission 12 (the Aalst scenario IIRC). That is a bloodbath. There are so many varied scenarios in that campaign.
If I wasn't doing the Road to Montebourg campaign atm, I'd be inspired by you to have another go at that Market Garden campaign. :)
Thanks Boggit. If I wasn't doing the MG campaign, you'd tempt me to re-do the Road to Monteborg. That one is my favorite CMBN campaign.