GrogHeads Forum

IRL (In Real Life) => General Discussion => Topic started by: JudgeDredd on April 10, 2016, 02:00:18 PM

Title: Off to a wedding yesterday
Post by: JudgeDredd on April 10, 2016, 02:00:18 PM
Me and my lovely (that's me on the right!)  >:D

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi1160.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fq499%2Fwmar1967%2FMisc%2FIMAG0984_zpszcdjtztp.jpg&hash=1b48118212fc428fd4c47c09282d7100547e2a81) (http://s1160.photobucket.com/user/wmar1967/media/Misc/IMAG0984_zpszcdjtztp.jpg.html)
Title: Re: Off to a wedding yesterday
Post by: JudgeDredd on April 10, 2016, 02:08:18 PM
And before she added some glamour  ;D

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi1160.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fq499%2Fwmar1967%2FMisc%2FIMAG0972_zpshluupco7.jpg&hash=91214751a3e2f5979780953584dceb493103df46) (http://s1160.photobucket.com/user/wmar1967/media/Misc/IMAG0972_zpshluupco7.jpg.html)
Title: Re: Off to a wedding yesterday
Post by: undercovergeek on April 10, 2016, 02:15:10 PM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on April 10, 2016, 02:00:18 PM
Me and my lovely (that's me on the right!)  >:D

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi1160.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fq499%2Fwmar1967%2FMisc%2FIMAG0984_zpszcdjtztp.jpg&hash=1b48118212fc428fd4c47c09282d7100547e2a81) (http://s1160.photobucket.com/user/wmar1967/media/Misc/IMAG0984_zpszcdjtztp.jpg.html)

Thanks for that - the 2 skirts was confusing the matter

Well played on the kilt sir - are they your colours?
Title: Re: Off to a wedding yesterday
Post by: Staggerwing on April 10, 2016, 02:16:17 PM
Spiffy! Not sure I want to know where you keep the Sgian Dubh though...  :))

Is that tartan a Clan pattern?



-Eh, Geek beat me to the question.
Title: Re: Off to a wedding yesterday
Post by: undercovergeek on April 10, 2016, 02:19:10 PM
The more I look the more I just can't see you sat behind a PC playing RPGs and ranting at your smoke firing tanks!

I think I look like a gamer but you look entirely too wise to be steering little men round a monitor
Title: Re: Off to a wedding yesterday
Post by: Arctic Blast on April 10, 2016, 02:32:09 PM
Much respect for the kilt. I've worn one once, when a buddy of mine got hitched. It was a very cold and windy day. I gained a new appreciation for what women in skirts suffer through during wind when they get in to or out of a car. It just becomes a goddamn wind tunnel at that point.  :o
Title: Re: Off to a wedding yesterday
Post by: bob48 on April 10, 2016, 02:32:42 PM
Very smart indeed, JD.
Title: Re: Off to a wedding yesterday
Post by: Sir Slash on April 10, 2016, 02:38:02 PM
I agree. Dredd looks to respectable to be a Gamer much less a Grog. He should be running for elected office or else a Doorman at an upscale restaurant.
Title: Re: Off to a wedding yesterday
Post by: mirth on April 10, 2016, 02:56:03 PM
Sharp looking couple.
Title: Re: Off to a wedding yesterday
Post by: MetalDog on April 10, 2016, 03:16:46 PM
Quote from: bob48 on April 10, 2016, 02:32:42 PM
Very smart indeed, JD.

Quote from: Sir Slash on April 10, 2016, 02:38:02 PM
I agree. Dredd looks to respectable to be a Gamer much less a Grog. He should be running for elected office or else a Doorman at an upscale restaurant.


SOMEbody has to class up the joint!  Nicely done, JD.
Title: Re: Off to a wedding yesterday
Post by: JudgeDredd on April 10, 2016, 03:47:18 PM
Thank you all for your very polite comments  - well done on being so refrained.

The tartan is the Ireland tartan. A generic "Irish" tartan, much the same as you get a generic Scotland tartan. I've never looked into family history so I would not know if I had any right to a specific tartan. I just guessed as a very proud Scot I am at the very least entitled to wear a tartan of some form or other.

Rather unbelievably, I looked on the shop website at the various tartans and decided I liked "the green one"  - and I'm not joking ;D

But there's some logic in the choice...Riley is of Irish origin I believe.

It was cold and wet yesterday and my cairngorms suffered  :buck2:
Title: Re: Off to a wedding yesterday
Post by: JudgeDredd on April 10, 2016, 03:48:14 PM
Quote from: Arctic Blast on April 10, 2016, 02:32:09 PM
Much respect for the kilt. I've worn one once, when a buddy of mine got hitched. It was a very cold and windy day. I gained a new appreciation for what women in skirts suffer through during wind when they get in to or out of a car. It just becomes a goddamn wind tunnel at that point.  :o

Yep - respect for women who have been suffering for many, many years. And it was very coooold yesterday!
Title: Re: Off to a wedding yesterday
Post by: bob48 on April 10, 2016, 03:57:27 PM
Its a bit chilly around the trossachs, Billy :-))
Title: Re: Off to a wedding yesterday
Post by: JudgeDredd on April 10, 2016, 04:00:40 PM
Yes it was bob - it was very much so!
Title: Re: Off to a wedding yesterday
Post by: besilarius on April 10, 2016, 06:03:41 PM
Had to pull into Portsmouth for some repairs around Thanksgiving. 
Because we had a squadron commander aboard, the notables who greeted us included some army types.  One was from a Royal Regiment in his kilt.
The wind in November was not kind to him as he crossed the gangway.
After all the dignitaries left, the captain wondered aloud why the kilt was still worn.  In one of my finer moments, I was able to explain how the sheepshaggers got their name.
Title: Re: Off to a wedding yesterday
Post by: Sir Slash on April 10, 2016, 10:32:47 PM
I had an Irish Tartan once. I loved it. Never could teach the damned thing not to shit inside the house though.  :P