GrogHeads Forum

IRL (In Real Life) => General Discussion => Topic started by: JudgeDredd on April 10, 2016, 03:58:24 PM

Title: Been doing this today...
Post by: JudgeDredd on April 10, 2016, 03:58:24 PM
...sorting the cave out.

This was quite a task considering I was at a wedding yesterday and drinking for most of the day...a very hung over work day today and the bending up and down to build these was a real pain in my heed.

But it's looking quite nice.

I've been on at the missus about somewhere to put the models I make. So we bought these (from Ikea). I am not an Ikea fan, but they were fine for the task, reasonably priced and, in their defence, went up pretty easily.

So I now have some shelving for my models to stand  ;D

I also found some superb board games that I had forgotten I had. They were under the stairs in a cupboard. They are now on the bottom shelf (behind the sofa) and easily within reach  ;)

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi1160.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fq499%2Fwmar1967%2FFamily%2FIMAG1003_zps1xwilm2q.jpg&hash=5fe3f69c6b79ffddfe8a0fa77e03d0135b2ca35d) (http://s1160.photobucket.com/user/wmar1967/media/Family/IMAG1003_zps1xwilm2q.jpg.html)

An He-111, a Me262 and a Mosquito
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi1160.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fq499%2Fwmar1967%2FFamily%2FIMAG1005_zpsqa7prg2z.jpg&hash=f5ff60417fd7ed13a3cc9d7bfb55c3e47e4227c9) (http://s1160.photobucket.com/user/wmar1967/media/Family/IMAG1005_zpsqa7prg2z.jpg.html)

A Challenger II, Curtiss P-40 Warhawk and my Sea Harrier
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi1160.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fq499%2Fwmar1967%2FFamily%2FIMAG1006_zpses45vq5a.jpg&hash=92b96195d34182e5b907b352a36e0f304a77cd63) (http://s1160.photobucket.com/user/wmar1967/media/Family/IMAG1006_zpses45vq5a.jpg.html)
Title: Re: Been doing this today...
Post by: bob48 on April 10, 2016, 04:00:14 PM
Very smart - and the bottles of single malt are well hidden behind the sofa?
Title: Re: Been doing this today...
Post by: undercovergeek on April 10, 2016, 04:04:52 PM
they wouldnt be 'Billy' bookcases would they?
Title: Re: Been doing this today...
Post by: Gusington on April 10, 2016, 04:09:08 PM
Very nice display even if the shelves are from Ikea. Is that couch made of rich Corinthian leather?
Title: Re: Been doing this today...
Post by: undercovergeek on April 10, 2016, 04:45:07 PM
Quote from: Gusington on April 10, 2016, 04:09:08 PM
Very nice display even if the shelves are from Ikea. Is that couch made of rich Corinthian leather?

we havent reached that grand old age yet, but i hear as you approach the golden years your ball bag gets really saggy and heavy - some have taken to having excess scrotum removed and artisans in the UK are making sofas out of ball bags - see here the Bawb Couch

no sir, not Corinthian leather, Ellisian Scrotum leather - luxurious and and soft, but youll slide off in the heat as it still emits sweat
Title: Re: Been doing this today...
Post by: Bison on April 10, 2016, 04:45:24 PM
I have some similar Ikea shelves.  They are actually quite nice and sturdy.
Title: Re: Been doing this today...
Post by: mirth on April 10, 2016, 04:47:22 PM
Nice looking space, JD.
Title: Re: Been doing this today...
Post by: Arctic Blast on April 10, 2016, 04:56:10 PM
Very nice, man. It needs something on wall, though. Doesn't matter what, just something awesome.
Title: Re: Been doing this today...
Post by: MetalDog on April 10, 2016, 07:23:30 PM
Quote from: undercovergeek on April 10, 2016, 04:45:07 PM
Quote from: Gusington on April 10, 2016, 04:09:08 PM
Very nice display even if the shelves are from Ikea. Is that couch made of rich Corinthian leather?

we havent reached that grand old age yet, but i hear as you approach the golden years your ball bag gets really saggy and heavy - some have taken to having excess scrotum removed and artisans in the UK are making sofas out of ball bags - see here the Bawb Couch

no sir, not Corinthian leather, Ellisian Scrotum leather - luxurious and and soft, but youll slide off in the heat as it still emits sweat

That's the funniest thing I've read in DAYS!!!  And...ewww.
Title: Re: Been doing this today...
Post by: Sir Slash on April 10, 2016, 10:29:20 PM
I'm liking the Dredd-Quarters. Stylish but modest in a non wealth-flauting way. I think very Grog worthy without trying to be obvious about it.
Title: Re: Been doing this today...
Post by: JudgeDredd on April 11, 2016, 12:42:22 AM
Quote from: undercovergeek on April 10, 2016, 04:45:07 PM
Quote from: Gusington on April 10, 2016, 04:09:08 PM
Very nice display even if the shelves are from Ikea. Is that couch made of rich Corinthian leather?

we havent reached that grand old age yet, but i hear as you approach the golden years your ball bag gets really saggy and heavy - some have taken to having excess scrotum removed and artisans in the UK are making sofas out of ball bags - see here the Bawb Couch

no sir, not Corinthian leather, Ellisian Scrotum leather - luxurious and and soft, but youll slide off in the heat as it still emits sweat
I was a tad sick - especially thinking of it emitting sweat!
Title: Re: Been doing this today...
Post by: JudgeDredd on April 11, 2016, 12:44:33 AM
Quote from: undercovergeek on April 10, 2016, 04:04:52 PM
they wouldnt be 'Billy' bookcases would they?
You know, they are. And I knew NOTHING about them or Ikea really. So when they came and the instructions had BILLY on them, my wife said "It was really nice of Ikea to personalise the instructions". I was like "I never even noticed that - how cool".......then I said, "Wait a minute, I never ordered them - how did they know my name?" which made my wife and daughter burst out laughing.

Gits.  :knuppel2:
Title: Re: Been doing this today...
Post by: JudgeDredd on April 11, 2016, 12:45:06 AM
Quote from: bob48 on April 10, 2016, 04:00:14 PM
Very smart - and the bottles of single malt are well hidden behind the sofa?
In the garage - which I have easy access to as there's a door to it  :2funny:
Title: Re: Been doing this today...
Post by: JudgeDredd on April 11, 2016, 12:45:52 AM
Quote from: Arctic Blast on April 10, 2016, 04:56:10 PM
Very nice, man. It needs something on wall, though. Doesn't matter what, just something awesome.
I have a picture in mind...photo to follow. Out of curiosity, which wall?
Title: Re: Been doing this today...
Post by: JudgeDredd on April 11, 2016, 03:07:58 AM
So this is "the entrance" from the living room
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi1160.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fq499%2Fwmar1967%2FFamily%2FIMAG1007_zpsgyzqnqol.jpg&hash=f0a6c3fd6934ffe7edaf95ae95d801dcfdda2d3c) (http://s1160.photobucket.com/user/wmar1967/media/Family/IMAG1007_zpsgyzqnqol.jpg.html)


This is where the "TV monitoring", "model making" and "board gaming" (and occasional snoozing) takes place. The little unit on the left will be meeting it's demise  (or finding another home) soon...
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi1160.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fq499%2Fwmar1967%2FFamily%2FIMAG1009_zpsakugjfrz.jpg&hash=cfe2532f7bd7714af6bbce547a853fd230351fa0) (http://s1160.photobucket.com/user/wmar1967/media/Family/IMAG1009_zpsakugjfrz.jpg.html)

And of course - the ranting  :2funny: ...
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi1160.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fq499%2Fwmar1967%2FFamily%2FIMAG1010_zps0v93tayb.jpg&hash=a38306938c9447c99c2238983a7a1d206881a4a9) (http://s1160.photobucket.com/user/wmar1967/media/Family/IMAG1010_zps0v93tayb.jpg.html)
Title: Re: Been doing this today...
Post by: Arctic Blast on April 12, 2016, 01:17:48 AM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on April 11, 2016, 12:45:52 AM
Quote from: Arctic Blast on April 10, 2016, 04:56:10 PM
Very nice, man. It needs something on wall, though. Doesn't matter what, just something awesome.
I have a picture in mind...photo to follow. Out of curiosity, which wall?

Uh...one of them?  ;D
Title: Re: Been doing this today...
Post by: Toonces on April 12, 2016, 06:30:18 AM
Very nice, JD.

We should have a man cave photo thread.  Do we have one of those?