GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: Greybriar on April 26, 2016, 11:23:47 AM

Title: Suggestion: How about putting the name of the game in the thread title?
Post by: Greybriar on April 26, 2016, 11:23:47 AM
Okay, I've been patient and if I couldn't find the name of the game being discussed in a thread or figure it out from the thread posts, I've Googled it and eventually learned what the alphabet soup of a name the game was. But that takes time I would rather spend playing games, not researching them.

So how about putting the name of the game in the title of the thread? It would also make searching for the game on this forum much easier. I would appreciate the thoughtfulness, and I am reasonably certain that other members of this forum would, too.
Title: Re: Suggestion: How about putting the name of the game in the thread title?
Post by: Huw the Poo on April 26, 2016, 12:38:08 PM
Yes agreed, and I always do this for the very reasons you describe.
Title: Re: Suggestion: How about putting the name of the game in the thread title?
Post by: Grim.Reaper on April 26, 2016, 06:52:09 PM
Is this happening a lot?  When I take a look at the main posts, seems like they all (or mostly) do have the game names identified....the place where I sometimes don't see it is within the screenshot thread.
Title: Re: Suggestion: How about putting the name of the game in the thread title?
Post by: Greybriar on April 27, 2016, 03:19:37 PM
It used to happen a lot--the majority of the threads on this forum were titled with an acronym or some form of abbreviation for the game's name. Anyone unfamiliar with the game wouldn't have a clue what game the thread was about.

Most of the forum posters have become more thoughtful towards the rest of us. I thank them for that! O0

Perhaps those who still start threads without mentioning the name of the game they are posting about are not aware that many of us haven't a clue as to what game it is. Hopefully this thread will make them aware of the situation and they will have the consideration to include the name of the game in the thread title.