Looks to be another spectacular game. Cannot wait.
Did you get on with the previous Deus Ex? I'm not sure I gave it a fair go tbh
Quote from: JudgeDredd on April 30, 2016, 11:18:33 AM
Did you get on with the previous Deus Ex? I'm not sure I gave it a fair go tbh
Loved it. One of the few games I've played start to finish.
By the time you play all the games you have to finish Earth will be negotiating real-world trade agreements with our newly independent off-world colonies.
^ and the UK after BREXIT ( ;D )
Well, I've reinstalled Deus Ex to give it another go.
I actually did this just recently with another game...Hitman. Turns out, that just wasn't my kind of game.
I'll see if a revisit is what this needs. O0
Quote from: JudgeDredd on April 30, 2016, 11:18:33 AM
Did you get on with the previous Deus Ex? I'm not sure I gave it a fair go tbh
It's pretty fun.
Dig the cyberpunk first-person RPG setting, of course, but the optional mix of stealth & fighting is good too. Quality cinematic delivery.
Tomorrow is the release.....haven't seen much chatter on this one...not a day one buy, but likely some day.
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on August 22, 2016, 07:34:54 PM
Tomorrow is the release.....haven't seen much chatter on this one...not a day one buy, but likely some day.
Its getting fantastic reviews. On the average, above 9/10.
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on August 22, 2016, 07:40:26 PM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on August 22, 2016, 07:34:54 PM
Tomorrow is the release.....haven't seen much chatter on this one...not a day one buy, but likely some day.
Its getting fantastic reviews. On the average, above 9/10.
Not making it easier:) But I will be strong on this one for now...
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on August 22, 2016, 07:42:32 PM
Not making it easier:) But I will be strong on this one for now...
Let me help you. It's not a wargame so don't bother. As if that helps. :buck2:
RPS is slobbering all over it.
Steam reviews seem to agree with early rumors about the game, that it is poorly optimized for the PC and the devs are already hard at work on a patch.
Personally, I've yet to even download the game (got to much to do right now anyway).
Preordered this on cdkeys for $37, got the key and downloaded, really looking forward to playing this once I can wrap up work today.
Reviews say the story is still pretty cliche and weak like Human Revolution, but the levels and art and gameplay is great. Looking forward to it.
Believe me,this game is outstanding and it's going to be huge! I'm proud to say that my son Elias Toufexis does the voice of Adam Jensen and this is his best work! I can't wait to play it (although I really suck at it)!
I enjoyed the previous one, so this will end up in my library eventually.
Am I the only one playing this around here? I'm surprised there isn't a little more interest. I have about 10 hours in-game at this point and I get the impression I'm still not half-way through the single player campaign. I find the plot and the world SE has created to be quite engrossing, even though it is filled with modern day cliches, such as, police brutality, discrimination, social justice, the growing wealth/poverty gap, corruption and greed of mega-corporations, etc.
The cool story, together with the necessity of experience points in order to level up your character, has provided strong incentive to keep pushing forward with the game. The player has many very cool abilities provided by his unique augmentations. When you start the campaign, you really only have access to one or two of the abilities. The others have to be unlocked with "praxis kits" which can either be found in the game world, or gained by completing, tasks, missions and objectives. Once an ability has been unlocked, each one typically can be upgraded through several levels, making each ability stronger, or more useful in a number of distinct ways. Meanwhile, your character is also acquiring hardware and weapons, which can also be modified and customized.
There are a number of ways to play through each mission. There is the straight forward approach which is usually very bloody, or the stealth approach that is at times, very difficult, but more rewarding in terms of experience points. I typically use a combination of the two approaches. When possible, I like to infiltrate an objective undetected, and try to remain that way for as long as possible. However, it is usually inevitable that I get detected and at that point, things often times get loud and messy.
The graphics are really a mixed back. The environment and effects can look pretty great, but sometimes the character models look a bit quirky. The cinematic cut-scenes are outstanding. i love the art design...the weapons, armor, uniforms...very cool stuff.
If there is one thing that really bothers me about the game, however, its the confined maps and the limitations on creating an open world. If this game was in a world similar to Assassins Creed or GTA, I would be in heaven. Unfortunately, despite the maps being described as much larger than the ones in Human Revolution, they do not feel that way. Although there are many ways to move through a map, they still end up feeling tight and confined. There are few truly large open areas, and the different sections of the map are divided by subway stations, which is just a credible way of dealing with loading screens. There are side missions, in addition to the main story quests, but they are few and far between so far, and not the kind that you see in games like AC or GTA which give the player things to do at all times, other than pursuing the main story quests.
Finally, the technical issues. The game runs smooth on my rig with ultra settings, but I have had several CTDs and even worse, painful lock-ups. It happens at least once or twice in each play session. There have been two patches since release, but I'm still experiencing the occasional lock-up and CTD.
Anyway, as I said previously, I think in the Friday thread, if you enjoyed Human Revolution, Mankind Divided is a no brainer. Still...I can't help but feel a little let down after all the hype. This has ben happening a lot lately. No Man's Sky, Stellaris, etc. I can honestly say that so far, the only game on the horizon that has been consistently delivering on the hype is Star Citizen. With each update to the alpha, I become more and more of a believer. Star Citizen truly might herald in a new era in PC gaming and rewrite the book on how to bring gaming dreams and fantasies onto the computer screen...
And they say you guys don't understand irony
Quote from: undercovergeek on August 29, 2016, 09:31:18 AM
And they say you guys don't understand irony
Please explain...I don't see it.
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on August 29, 2016, 09:01:54 AM
Am I the only one playing this around here? I'm surprised there isn't a little more interest.
Supply & demand, overwhelming numbers of cheap but interesting games, constant discount sales, and a tendency for the big fancy full-priced "premium" titles to be buggy or incomplete on release, makes people think three times about dropping $50-$60 on a single new release.
Even if they're great. It's not like they're going to run out of manufactured copies, being digital nowadays. Actually, waiting for awhile will save money and, hopefully, give you a more complete product in the future.
The explosion of easily available and inexpensive indie games has given us addicts a different place to focus our attention while waiting. Helping pass the digital "Marshmallow Test".
After posting in this thread on April 30th about retrying the previous iteration of this game - I did and, well, it just didn't grab me. I can't specifically pinpoint the problem...but much like Hitman (also mentioned in my post) - I just didn't feel the urge to continue playing.
So I haven't been tempted by this.
As for Star Citizen - I haven't looked into it in some time, but I know the pricing scared me a bit (I know - choices). But also, I think I'm pretty done buying early (either Alpha, Beta or on release even)
Also what Nefaro said. O0
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on August 29, 2016, 09:46:29 AM
Quote from: undercovergeek on August 29, 2016, 09:31:18 AM
And they say you guys don't understand irony
Please explain...I don't see it.
I only really read 3 sites and this is definitely the main one so I don't know how massively widespread it is but the other 2 have massive discussions on going about SC and the general consensus is it will never, ever see the light of day. I'm not agreeing or disagreeing but in the eternal clash between SC haters and SC fanboys (because that's how both communities seem to have split) but the argument is definitely tilted toward will never be seen
Quote from: Nefaro on August 29, 2016, 10:37:12 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on August 29, 2016, 09:01:54 AM
Am I the only one playing this around here? I'm surprised there isn't a little more interest.
Supply & demand, overwhelming numbers of cheap but interesting games, constant discount sales, and a tendency for the big fancy full-priced "premium" titles to be buggy or incomplete on release, makes people think three times about dropping $50-$60 on a single new release.
Even if they're great. It's not like they're going to run out of manufactured copies, being digital nowadays. Actually, waiting for awhile will save money and, hopefully, give you a more complete product in the future.
The explosion of easily available and inexpensive indie games has given us addicts a different place to focus our attention while waiting. Helping pass the digital "Marshmallow Test".
True for me as well Nef...well stated!
Quote from: undercovergeek on August 29, 2016, 12:35:16 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on August 29, 2016, 09:46:29 AM
Quote from: undercovergeek on August 29, 2016, 09:31:18 AM
And they say you guys don't understand irony
Please explain...I don't see it.
I only really read 3 sites and this is definitely the main one so I don't know how massively widespread it is but the other 2 have massive discussions on going about SC and the general consensus is it will never, ever see the light of day. I'm not agreeing or disagreeing but in the eternal clash between SC haters and SC fanboys (because that's how both communities seem to have split) but the argument is definitely tilted toward will never be seen
I don't think that opinion is really substantiated based upon the current state of the product. I really think most of the hate and negativity is based upon the length of time it has taken to get to this point, and frustration over the amount of money raised and accusations about mismanagement and waste...Is it going to take time? Absolutely. Are some features going to have to be cut? Perhaps. I firmly believe it will still be a revolutionary accomplishment. I was ready to throw in the towel on this game until they released build 2.0. The proof of concept is here and progress has become more frequent, obvious and significant with each build released. We are now at 2.5, and by all accounts, 3.0 will be here before the new year, adding seamless transition from space to planet surface.
Quote from: mirth on August 31, 2016, 12:36:27 PM
ROFL
"They can't see me if they're dead, right? ... Stealth, motherf*$@er!" ;D :2funny:
I have Human Revolution. I can't remember when I last played it but it's been a few years. I put in 23 hours according to Steam, but I can't remember if I actually finished it or not. It was a lot of fun, though.
I've seen my son watching Let's Play videos of this new one and it looks great. Good to know you're enjoying it, JH. I'll put it on my wishlist.
^ I've tried (yet again!) to play Human Revolution and I just cannot get into it. So this is a no buy for me anyway.
You might not be wrong, JD. It's not everyone's cup of tea. I think Steam reviews have it firmly in the "Mixed" category when it comes to thumbs up/down. Sounds like you'll either love it or hate it.
Many years ago a neighbor who didn't play computer games gave me three disks that came with the computer he had just bought. Two of them were truly awful, and I was about to toss the third but decided to see how bad it was first.
It was Deus Ex and I loved it, bad graphics and all.
It's probably the only game of its type that I've ever attempted to play through, and I played through it several times.
I picked up the modded version on Steam, and I may give it a try at some point, but I doubt that it will have aged well.
I picked up several of the more recent iterations at several points over the years when they were steeply dicounted. I played a couple of minutes of one of them a few months ago and really didn't like it. The thing that made the original Deus Ex great seems to be the thing that the later versions keep toning down or eliminating.
I visit Governor's Island fairly often during the summer, and when I come back I usually walk across Battery Park to get to the West Side. If you've played Deus Ex, it's hard to look at Castle Clinton in quite the same way.
I'm still a bit creeped out that the Manhattan skyline in Deus Ex doesn't include the Twin Towers (the game predated 9/11).
On sale for only $20.....
http://store.steampowered.com/app/337000/