GrogHeads Forum

IRL (In Real Life) => Current Events => Topic started by: meadbelly on June 01, 2012, 12:26:07 PM

Title: Nomination for Groghead of the Month!
Post by: meadbelly on June 01, 2012, 12:26:07 PM
I nominate Snigdha Nandipati for Groghead of the Month. Anyone who can spell "ambush or trap" as guetapens deserves a nod!
Title: Re: Nomination for Groghead of the Month!
Post by: LongBlade on June 01, 2012, 12:28:13 PM
Quote from: meadbelly on June 01, 2012, 12:26:07 PM
I nominate Snigdha Nandipati for Groghead of the Month. Anyone who can spell "ambush or trap" as guetapens deserves a nod!

I know you're saying something but I don't quite get it.

It's either something really obvious that I should know, or it proves the point once again that "It's five o'clock somewhere."
Title: Re: Nomination for Groghead of the Month!
Post by: Bison on June 01, 2012, 12:38:58 PM
Quote from: LongBlade on June 01, 2012, 12:28:13 PM
Quote from: meadbelly on June 01, 2012, 12:26:07 PM
I nominate Snigdha Nandipati for Groghead of the Month. Anyone who can spell "ambush or trap" as guetapens deserves a nod!

I know you're saying something but I don't quite get it.

It's either something really obvious that I should know, or it proves the point once again that "It's five o'clock somewhere."

She is the national spelling bee champion.
Title: Re: Nomination for Groghead of the Month!
Post by: Steelgrave on June 01, 2012, 01:29:25 PM
You should win automatically if you can spell her name......
Title: Re: Nomination for Groghead of the Month!
Post by: meadbelly on June 01, 2012, 02:58:06 PM
Quote from: Bison on June 01, 2012, 12:38:58 PM
Quote from: LongBlade on June 01, 2012, 12:28:13 PM
Quote from: meadbelly on June 01, 2012, 12:26:07 PM
I nominate Snigdha Nandipati for Groghead of the Month. Anyone who can spell "ambush or trap" as guetapens deserves a nod!

I know you're saying something but I don't quite get it.

It's either something really obvious that I should know, or it proves the point once again that "It's five o'clock somewhere."

She is the national spelling bee champion.



And she won by spelling a groggy word! Grognard -- derived-from-french-term to indicate professional soldiers and The Slog!

Snig's word -- guetapens -- derived from french-term meaning ambush or trap.

She's practically Groggy McGroggerson!
Title: Re: Nomination for Groghead of the Month!
Post by: LongBlade on June 01, 2012, 02:59:10 PM
Quote from: meadbelly on June 01, 2012, 02:58:06 PM
And she won by spelling a groggy word! Grognard -- derived-from-french-term to indicate professional soldiers and The Slog!

Snig's word -- guetapens -- derived from french-term meaning ambush or trap.

She's practically Groggy McGroggerson!

Ah! Thank you. Agreed.
Title: Re: Nomination for Groghead of the Month!
Post by: Tpek on June 01, 2012, 03:33:05 PM
Quote from: Steelgrave on June 01, 2012, 01:29:25 PM
You should win automatically if you can spell her name......

I'm pretty sure that's how she actually won.
Everyone else failed to spell or even pronounce her name correctly :P
Title: Re: Nomination for Groghead of the Month!
Post by: Keunert on June 01, 2012, 05:30:35 PM
i nominate the most discussed man on this forum to be the Groghead of the month!
Title: Re: Nomination for Groghead of the Month!
Post by: besilarius on June 01, 2012, 09:32:33 PM
Longblade is far too humble and sincere to entertain such accolades.
Title: Re: Nomination for Groghead of the Month!
Post by: Martok on June 02, 2012, 07:29:11 PM
Quote from: Keunert on June 01, 2012, 05:30:35 PM
i nominate the most discussed man on this forum to be the Groghead of the month!
In that case, Gus' genitals would be a strong contender. 


Title: Re: Nomination for Groghead of the Month!
Post by: LongBlade on June 02, 2012, 07:47:58 PM
Quote from: besilarius on June 01, 2012, 09:32:33 PM
Longblade is far too humble and sincere to entertain such accolades.

Never even crossed my mind. There are probably four or five contenders for "most discussed."

Most posts? Sure, that's probably me.

But most discussed? I doubt I'm in the Top 20.
Title: Re: Nomination for Groghead of the Month!
Post by: Arctic Blast on June 03, 2012, 02:30:23 AM
Quote from: Martok on June 02, 2012, 07:29:11 PM
Quote from: Keunert on June 01, 2012, 05:30:35 PM
i nominate the most discussed man on this forum to be the Groghead of the month!
In that case, Gus' genitals would be a strong contender.

If we combine all discussion of the boobs of his various past loves in to one super topic, that probably wins.
Title: Re: Nomination for Groghead of the Month!
Post by: Keunert on June 03, 2012, 03:06:12 AM
not one right guess.
Title: Re: Nomination for Groghead of the Month!
Post by: Silent Disapproval Robot on June 03, 2012, 10:31:48 AM
SLAAKER?
Title: Re: Nomination for Groghead of the Month!
Post by: Keunert on June 03, 2012, 11:49:45 AM
Wod in hell are ya tlkin'?
Title: Re: Nomination for Groghead of the Month!
Post by: Staggerwing on June 03, 2012, 01:25:47 PM
 ^  :P