GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: MetalDog on June 10, 2016, 05:48:29 AM

Title: Everybody's Working For the FRIDAY
Post by: MetalDog on June 10, 2016, 05:48:29 AM



So, a buddy of mine at work decided to put all his work orders and phone in his truck, lock it up, and tell the boss he quit.  Good for him!  Bad for me :(  His act of freedom has caused me to lose mine.  I gotta work this weekend.  BUT, when I get home, it will be pencil & paper D&D Saturday night and then most likely Civ IV, sp and mp. 
Title: Re: Everybody's Working For the FRIDAY
Post by: Jarhead0331 on June 10, 2016, 06:00:01 AM
Lots of ARMA 3, maybe some CAP2, hopefully some HOI4, possibly some House of the Dying Sun and most probably a lot of Brigador, my new addiction.
Title: Re: Everybody's Working For the FRIDAY
Post by: Anguille on June 10, 2016, 06:05:46 AM
Hard to tell how much gaming it will be. The European Soccer Turnament starts today....lots of matches coming.

It will probably be the usual suspects:

- Grand Ages: Rome
- Oriental Empires
- Master of Orion 4
Title: Re: Everybody's Working For the FRIDAY
Post by: tgb on June 10, 2016, 06:17:21 AM
HoI IV and TW;W, both of which I had been on record as saying I wasn't planning to get.  I blame you guys.

I want to see if I can turn the Soviet Union into a democratic "big brother" and defender of Poland and the Baltics.
Title: Re: Everybody's Working For the FRIDAY
Post by: jamus34 on June 10, 2016, 06:51:37 AM
Quote from: MetalDog on June 10, 2016, 05:48:29 AM



So, a buddy of mine at work decided to put all his work orders and phone in his truck, lock it up, and tell the boss he quit.  Good for him!  Bad for me :(  His act of freedom has caused me to lose mine.  I gotta work this weekend.  BUT, when I get home, it will be pencil & paper D&D Saturday night and then most likely Civ IV, sp and mp.

That sucks MD - I hope the boss told you to "get the vehicle open at any cost" and you took that as smashing the window in with a tire iron.

I'm not going to be around much this weekend. Maybe some Stellaris and watching all of the HoI4 LP's has me wanting to 1) buy that, which I'm really struggling with restraint, but successful so far and 2) wanting me to give Vicky 2 another go.
Title: Re: Everybody's Working For the FRIDAY
Post by: Gusington on June 10, 2016, 06:55:16 AM
AssCreed - Black Flag for me.

Anguille how close is Oriental Empires to release? How's it looking?
Title: Re: Everybody's Working For the FRIDAY
Post by: Barthheart on June 10, 2016, 06:59:35 AM
I'll mostly be prepping for Origins this weekend.

Along with NOT buying or watching anything HOI IV.... :(

Some VASSAL work.

Finish car rebuild.

Yard work because I've been away from home all week.

Maybe some Stellaris.

But definitely no HOI IV... probably... maybe....  :P


MD - This new development at work won't keep you from Origins will it?  ???
Title: Re: Everybody's Working For the FRIDAY
Post by: Rayfer on June 10, 2016, 07:00:09 AM
Hearts of Iron 4.....it knocked my long running WitP:AE campaign off its throne.
Title: Re: Everybody's Working For the FRIDAY
Post by: Anguille on June 10, 2016, 07:02:48 AM
Quote from: Gusington on June 10, 2016, 06:55:16 AM
Anguille how close is Oriental Empires to release? How's it looking?
Sorry but i really cannot comment on this.

Officially, it's Q3 2016.
Title: Re: Everybody's Working For the FRIDAY
Post by: Dammit Carl! on June 10, 2016, 07:34:32 AM
Game-wise, I've got World of Warships on my horizon for sure.  That, and plugging some nazi zombies via Sniper Elite (shit never gets old for me).

Home-wise, I've got drywall to put up thanks to a water leak fix, bathroom tile stuff, yard work, and finally some reupholstery to do.  Doesn't seem like much of a "relaxing," weekend after all... :-\
Title: Re: Everybody's Working For the FRIDAY
Post by: JudgeDredd on June 10, 2016, 07:39:38 AM
Quote from: Anguille on June 10, 2016, 06:05:46 AM
Hard to tell how much gaming it will be. The European Soccer Turnament starts today....lots of matches coming.
...
Oh - thank god. I thought there was a Euro 2016 Football tournament on and that I was going to lose a lot of time watching it. If it's soccer, it ain't what I was thinking...cool...more gaming  :P

Quote from: MetalDog on June 10, 2016, 05:48:29 AM
...So, a buddy of mine at work decided to put all his work orders and phone in his truck, lock it up, and tell the boss he quit.  Good for him!  Bad for me :(  His act of freedom has caused me to lose mine.  I gotta work this weekend.  BUT, when I get home, it will be pencil & paper D&D Saturday night and then most likely Civ IV, sp and mp. 
That's crap MD. Weekends are VERY important. Everyone needs  break.

Well, Euro 2016, New Zealand v Wales, Australia v England and South Africa v Ireland (rugby) means I will have absolutely 0 time for gaming on Saturday.

Sunday has Scotland in Colchester where bagpipe bands turn up to compete against one another. A great day normally and plenty of booze. Unfortunately it looks like rain...but the beer is sold in a tent!

If I do get some gaming in, I'd like to properly kick off my HoI IV campaign as Turkey and also check out Combat Air Patrol 2 again - see what's going on. F1 2015 is also calling me to continue my career in the McLaren at Abu Dhabi

But - in all honesty, I'm unlikely to get any of that done!

Have a good gaming weekend.  O0
Title: Re: Everybody's Working For the FRIDAY
Post by: Hancock on June 10, 2016, 07:53:31 AM
Wife joining me in retirement this afternoon, so lots of martinis.

WoW a definite at times over the weekend.....my first ventures with fully moduled and upgraded Tier VIII US BB North Carolina.

And at quiet times, Civ V....early in game as Napoleon....and of course I start out in the arctic circle surrounded by barbarians......
Title: Re: Everybody's Working For the FRIDAY
Post by: Anguille on June 10, 2016, 08:48:36 AM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on June 10, 2016, 07:39:38 AM
Quote from: Anguille on June 10, 2016, 06:05:46 AM
Hard to tell how much gaming it will be. The European Soccer Turnament starts today....lots of matches coming.
...
Oh - thank god. I thought there was a Euro 2016 Football tournament on and that I was going to lose a lot of time watching it. If it's soccer, it ain't what I was thinking...cool...more gaming  :P
Ah ah...i really have to force myself to call it soccer as we never use that word here. It is indeed the Euro 2015 Football tournament.....Switzerland is going to play tomorrow against Albania....

The whole thing's going to last about a month!
Title: Re: Everybody's Working For the FRIDAY
Post by: MengJiao on June 10, 2016, 09:07:15 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on June 10, 2016, 06:00:01 AM
Lots of ARMA 3, maybe some CAP2, hopefully some HOI4, possibly some House of the Dying Sun and most probably a lot of Brigador, my new addiction.

Possibly some ARMA3, Definitely some Wars of Napoleon (I gave up on Turkey so I'll try France with extra ships (It's a script....by the way, the game is "scripted", but that
seems to supply more variability in many areas)) and GBOA Tyrant module board game.
Title: Re: Everybody's Working For the FRIDAY
Post by: Toonces on June 10, 2016, 09:09:01 AM
It's increasingly looking like BMS Falcon and ARMA 3 are on the plate.

Maybe some more Scourge of War: Gettysburg as well....it's just too early to tell yet.

And a new Rome 2 campaign.
Title: Re: Everybody's Working For the FRIDAY
Post by: WYBaugh on June 10, 2016, 10:18:40 AM
Metaldog...Loverboy??  :(
Title: Re: Everybody's Working For the FRIDAY
Post by: Nefaro on June 10, 2016, 10:27:44 AM
Quote from: WYBaugh on June 10, 2016, 10:18:40 AM
Metaldog...Loverboy??  :(


MD is probably just using that as a substitute, until he finds the 'Magic Foreigner Belt'.

~~>


Title: Re: Everybody's Working For the FRIDAY
Post by: Dammit Carl! on June 10, 2016, 11:12:45 AM
Quote from: Nefaro on June 10, 2016, 10:27:44 AM
Quote from: WYBaugh on June 10, 2016, 10:18:40 AM
Metaldog...Loverboy??  :(
MD is probably just using that as a substitute, until he finds the 'Magic Foreigner Belt'.


"Well how will you like the belt when you are...as "Cold as Ice?" 


Title: Re: Everybody's Working For the FRIDAY
Post by: sandman2575 on June 10, 2016, 12:50:42 PM
HOI4.  Deleted all other game shortcuts on my desktop.
Title: Re: Everybody's Working For the FRIDAY
Post by: Pete Dero on June 10, 2016, 01:03:29 PM
Playing / learning Hearts of Iron IV
Title: Re: Everybody's Working For the FRIDAY
Post by: Toonces on June 10, 2016, 03:07:45 PM
Heh.  So Hearts of Iron IV is that good, huh?  I have to be honest- the other HoI games didn't grab me at all...perhaps I didn't give them enough time.
Title: Re: Everybody's Working For the FRIDAY
Post by: PanzersEast on June 10, 2016, 03:10:54 PM
It's beginning to look a lot like War....

Jumping into HOI IV and back to Stellaris.  Need to configure Falcon BMS with a couple of flights in X-Plane cross country tour.  Also looking at some mods for Distant Worlds.

PE
Title: Re: Everybody's Working For the FRIDAY
Post by: sandman2575 on June 10, 2016, 03:17:57 PM
HOI4 is funny -- it seems like there's no predicting whether you'll like it based on previous experience. I loved HOI3, but I think 4 is better on many levels, though it will need plenty of fine-tuning through patches and expansions to reach its full potential. Others like SDR loved HOI3 but really have not been impressed by 4.

Steam always has its refund policy, so if you play for an hour and really decide it's not for you, you can always get your $$ back.
Title: Re: Everybody's Working For the FRIDAY
Post by: Silent Disapproval Robot on June 10, 2016, 03:27:22 PM
Difficult to get a notion if HOI 4 will be right for you in just a few hours though. 

I'm going to try to finish my Stellaris game, see if I can get Age of Decadence running,  try to actually finish an expedition in Renowned Explorers, and try out the War of the Ring boardgame.
Title: Re: Everybody's Working For the FRIDAY
Post by: Tuna on June 10, 2016, 04:53:38 PM
Quote from: Hancock on June 10, 2016, 07:53:31 AM
And at quiet times, Civ V....early in game as Napoleon....and of course I start out in the arctic circle surrounded by barbarians......

Better than being in a game of Warlock (fantasy Civ type game) starting with Metal Dog as your neighbor and tons of Volcanos.. Ask BarthHeart how that goes!!!  :crazy2:
Title: Re: Everybody's Working For the FRIDAY
Post by: Tuna on June 10, 2016, 04:54:30 PM
Quote from: WYBaugh on June 10, 2016, 10:18:40 AM
Metaldog...Loverboy??  :(

Was kind of disappointed myself. Some people will do anything to start the Friday thread!
Title: Re: Everybody's Working For the FRIDAY
Post by: Huw the Poo on June 10, 2016, 05:18:07 PM
Stellaris...probably exclusively.
Title: Re: Everybody's Working For the FRIDAY
Post by: Grim.Reaper on June 10, 2016, 05:26:14 PM
To the degree I have any time, will be HOI4...although all this Arma3 talk has me thinking about firing that up again!
Title: Re: Everybody's Working For the FRIDAY
Post by: W8taminute on June 10, 2016, 06:07:22 PM
HOI4, Heroes and Generals, maybe some Stellaris.  Wanting to buy Dirt Rally but hesitant because time is limited these days with so many awesome new releases to play.
Title: Re: Everybody's Working For the FRIDAY
Post by: Gusington on June 10, 2016, 06:15:17 PM
Is Age of Decadence finished? I tried the demo years ago and there was little to do.
Title: Re: Everybody's Working For the FRIDAY
Post by: MetalDog on June 10, 2016, 06:16:38 PM
@Tuna:  You can bite me.  Twice :P

@Nefaro: Never in all of infinity would I have anything to do with that abomination of cartoon non-hilarity

@WYBaugh:  It's 5:30 in the morning.  I'm bummed I gotta work.  Barely able to function much less come up with a witty way to say, "It blows that I gotta work on Saturday!"  I usually try to think of what I will start the FRIDAY thread with on Thursday, but, I worked from sun up to sun down and I never know if one of the Euros or US early risers is going to beat me to it.  Forgiven?

@JD:  Thanks, man.  I wouldn't feel too bad for me.  Next Saturday I will be in beautiful Columbus, Ohio at the Origins Game Fair, meeting such GH luminaries as Cyrano, Panzerde, Barthheart, Martok (who will be my roomie for the weekend), BayonetBrant and others that I am sure that I am missing.
Title: Re: Everybody's Working For the FRIDAY
Post by: -budd- on June 10, 2016, 06:17:46 PM
Well since i wont be buying HOI4 I'll be exploring 7 days to die on my mini bike looking for calipers..must have bullets. I've been getting back into CSME so i'll knock back a few scenarios on that one, great support with that title and mouse wheel zoom at last.. hurrah. I'm still not over my old school Doom itch so i'll be playing some levels of Brutal Doom: Project Brutality mod and some Zombicide with the kids we still need to try the toxic mall expansion.
Title: Re: Everybody's Working For the FRIDAY
Post by: bbmike on June 10, 2016, 06:57:44 PM
More Planar Conquest. Still having fun with it. I also need to post my first turn of Don't Tread on Me AAR. Might play some more HOI4. And think about missing Origins again.  :-\
Title: Re: Everybody's Working For the FRIDAY
Post by: Nefaro on June 10, 2016, 07:04:01 PM
Quote from: MetalDog on June 10, 2016, 06:16:38 PM


@Nefaro: Never in all of infinity would I have anything to do with that abomination of cartoon non-hilarity





>:D


"Try as you may, Carl, but you cannot heat up our moon juices."

Title: Re: Everybody's Working For the FRIDAY
Post by: CJReich46 on June 10, 2016, 07:26:26 PM
Working, Saturday and Sunday- short days. No biggie.

Afterwords, Stellaris, or Distant Worlds: Universe with the Retreat UE II mod, maybe other stuff. I downloaded sketchdesk for my tablet and just tinkering with it.

Title: Re: Everybody's Working For the FRIDAY
Post by: MetalDog on June 10, 2016, 07:46:55 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on June 10, 2016, 07:04:01 PM
Quote from: MetalDog on June 10, 2016, 06:16:38 PM


@Nefaro: Never in all of infinity would I have anything to do with that abomination of cartoon non-hilarity





>:D






My kids watched that crap in their teens and thought it was the apex of comedy.  Never saw the humor in it.  I will say that the guy that voices Carl used to come on the Scott Van Pelt show on Fridays during football season.  The segment was called, "Carl's, Stone, Cold, Lead Pipe, Lock O' the Century, O' the Week!"  I enjoyed that.
Title: Re: Everybody's Working For the FRIDAY
Post by: WYBaugh on June 10, 2016, 08:22:43 PM
MetalDog, you are my fellow Metal Dog so just had to toss out a frown.  Sorry about your weekend but enjoy next weekend!
Title: Re: Everybody's Working For the FRIDAY
Post by: MetalDog on June 10, 2016, 08:25:37 PM
How 'bout some of this?  ;)


Title: Re: Everybody's Working For the FRIDAY
Post by: kludger on June 10, 2016, 08:35:17 PM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on June 10, 2016, 07:39:38 AM
Quote from: Anguille on June 10, 2016, 06:05:46 AM
Hard to tell how much gaming it will be. The European Soccer Turnament starts today....lots of matches coming.
...
Oh - thank god. I thought there was a Euro 2016 Football tournament on and that I was going to lose a lot of time watching it. If it's soccer, it ain't what I was thinking...cool...more gaming  :P


Going to spend the weekend watching lots of awesome football/soccer not only Euro 2016 but also this side of the pond's 2016 Copa America Centanario, plus F1 Canada, really looking forward to it.

Somewhere in there I also hope to continue to learn/play HOI4, Overwatch and maybe finish Dark Souls 3 which I'm really close to finishing.
Title: Re: Everybody's Working For the FRIDAY
Post by: Tuna on June 10, 2016, 08:47:01 PM
Quote from: MetalDog on June 10, 2016, 06:16:38 PM
@Tuna:  You can bite me.  Twice :P


Who loves ya baby
Title: Re: Everybody's Working For the FRIDAY
Post by: MetalDog on June 10, 2016, 09:01:36 PM
Hopefully not you, Kojak :P
Title: Re: Everybody's Working For the FRIDAY
Post by: JudgeDredd on June 10, 2016, 11:18:30 PM
Quote from: W8taminute on June 10, 2016, 06:07:22 PM
HOI4, Heroes and Generals, maybe some Stellaris.  Wanting to buy Dirt Rally but hesitant because time is limited these days with so many awesome new releases to play.
I don't know if you saw - but it's 40% off on Steam
Title: Re: Everybody's Working For the FRIDAY
Post by: bayonetbrant on June 11, 2016, 05:54:13 AM
I'm playing the "road trip to Origins" game with the "2 kids in the car" DLC all day on Sunday
Title: Re: Everybody's Working For the FRIDAY
Post by: jamus34 on June 11, 2016, 06:33:54 AM
I might have to check out this Origins thing next year.
Title: Re: Everybody's Working For the FRIDAY
Post by: Raied on June 11, 2016, 08:14:21 AM
HOI4 obviously.
I got AGEOD's Thirty years war, just released yesterday on steam, so I am going to play it, wondering why nobody talks about it here?
Title: Re: Everybody's Working For the FRIDAY
Post by: Grim.Reaper on June 11, 2016, 08:17:53 AM
Quote from: Raied on June 11, 2016, 08:14:21 AM
HOI4 obviously.
I got AGEOD's Thirty years war, just released yesterday on steam, so I am going to play it, wondering why nobody talks about it here?

Has been talked about a little in the past when first released...for me, just can't play Ageod games anymore...should be games that I like, but just doesn't do it for me.

http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=13604.50
Title: Re: Everybody's Working For the FRIDAY
Post by: WYBaugh on June 11, 2016, 08:21:23 AM
Quote from: MetalDog on June 10, 2016, 08:25:37 PM
How 'bout some of this?  ;)




>:D
Title: Re: Everybody's Working For the FRIDAY
Post by: Toonces on June 11, 2016, 09:05:37 AM
Acttingman inspired me to fire up IL-2, but it just wasn't doing it for me so I booted up Wings Over Flanders Fields for the first time in forever.  It is such a feature rich sim, and I've barely scratched the surface of it.  I really need to spend more time with it...I'm not buying the new version until I get some hours out of the version I have!

Also, Dirt Rally is awesome looking.  Very, very hard IMO, but it looks fantastic.  I'm thinking of picking up Dirt 3 just for giggles.
Title: Re: Everybody's Working For the FRIDAY
Post by: Staggerwing on June 11, 2016, 09:11:10 AM
Dirt 3 is just $6.89 ATM.  http://store.steampowered.com/app/321040/

Do it. Now.
Title: Re: Everybody's Working For the FRIDAY
Post by: Sir Slash on June 11, 2016, 10:28:52 AM
Got back late last night from the beautiful state of Virginia seeing the Historical Triangle: Williamsburg/Jamestown/Yorktown. So after tromping all over the battlefield at Yorktown, I'm in a Empire Total War kind of mood. But I miss Pillars of Eternity soooo much.  :'(  First up is Grass-Cutting, Pool-Cleaning, and trying to find where I packed my BVD's. Great trip. I highly recommend the area if you haven't been there-- way too much to see in just a week. What'd I miss?
Title: Re: Everybody's Working For the FRIDAY
Post by: Gusington on June 11, 2016, 10:56:56 AM
I had guard/traffic duty this morning from 530-900, then I ran because I knew I would not be able to summon the energy later. No one home now but now that I actually have sat in front of my PC I think I'm going to pass out...
Title: Re: Everybody's Working For the FRIDAY
Post by: IronX on June 11, 2016, 11:12:47 AM
Then you need to play this:

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi76.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fj26%2Fpzpjs%2FGrogheads%2FDoubleSummon-SDGR-EN-C-1E_zpsg9om2ifn.png&hash=cb5fc1b787c3fc4aa178a42d89f2afedb2f86f30) (http://s76.photobucket.com/user/pzpjs/media/Grogheads/DoubleSummon-SDGR-EN-C-1E_zpsg9om2ifn.png.html)
Title: Re: Everybody's Working For the FRIDAY
Post by: panzerde on June 11, 2016, 12:06:34 PM
Reorganized computer gaming/work desk area this morning and reduced wires and clutter by about 75%. Going to get a haircut and shave in a few, and then catch up on PBEM game turns with Cyrano and Boggit. Later this afternoon I may give AGEODs Thirty Years War another go; it's been months since I played it.

Later it's probably more Saint's in Armor. Origins prep in between all the above, mixed in with some work stuff as I check customer backups and the like.



Title: Re: Everybody's Working For the FRIDAY
Post by: Gusington on June 11, 2016, 12:54:43 PM
That card worked IronX! Played about 90 minutes of Black Flag and I'll be damned, I don't even like pirate lore but this is a great game. Just stole the Jackdaw, and am in the process of crewing it and rebuilding it. This game has great power to make the player feel like a total badass.
Title: Re: Everybody's Working For the FRIDAY
Post by: IronX on June 11, 2016, 12:57:25 PM
 Cool! Now you can collapse.
Title: Re: Everybody's Working For the FRIDAY
Post by: Gusington on June 11, 2016, 03:08:40 PM
Tried to and as soon as I drifted off to sleep The Wife returned with The List...:/
Title: Re: Everybody's Working For the FRIDAY
Post by: IronX on June 11, 2016, 04:01:21 PM
*In Phil Dunphy's voice* Nooooo!
Title: Re: Everybody's Working For the FRIDAY
Post by: Gusington on June 11, 2016, 06:21:40 PM
Yeah so I am in a zombie like state now. I did however get to dive into the naval combat in Black Flag...it is really good.
Title: Re: Everybody's Working For the FRIDAY
Post by: Toonces on June 11, 2016, 07:49:28 PM
I played quite a bit of CMANO tonight.  What a fantastic game.
Title: Re: Everybody's Working For the FRIDAY
Post by: Kushan on June 11, 2016, 08:04:23 PM
Went and saw the Warcraft movie last night with some old guildies and coworkers. Great movie, IMO admittedly bias opinion.

So far this weekend I've done 1 rift in Diablo 3, took me 10 minutes. That's the only gaming I've done so far. Been at work most of the day today, and will there all day tomorrow. Meeting my mom, sister, and the rest of my family for dinner. If I don't get back too late tonight I might fire up something. Have plenty I want to play; Diablo 3, Steam and Iron, Stellaris, KSP, HoI 4, just don't have the time.
Title: Re: Everybody's Working For the FRIDAY
Post by: JasonPratt on June 13, 2016, 12:47:07 PM
Let's see...

0.) Dl'd Warframe (maybe back on Thurs) and Team Fortress 2. Haven't done much of anything with them yet, other than the initial Warframe tutorial escape mission.

00.) I know for a fact somewhere back there I started playing Sleeping Dogs, but probably wasn't over the weekend.

1.) Played several Rounds of Twilight Struggle with Bartheart and updated my/our AAR thread on it.

2.) Got into Total War: Rome 2 for the first time since I bought the Emperor's edition (and a bunch of DLC) some year ago. Haven't done much with it yet except check over the factions in the oldest (also the original) grand campaign, and then barely failed the first tutorial battle -- I was doing great, but didn't move along fast enough to save the city center from being taken.

2.5.) Also looked into the status of Rome2 mods; apparently Divide et Imperia is the way to go?

3.) Played a few Soulstorm co-op battles against bots. Got my Orky skilz back, made sure I hadn't forgotten how to do a good Eldar build. ;)

4.) Got 3/4 of the way thru Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones in my playthrough every few years. This incidentally is what got me interested in doing TW as Persia in antiquity.

5.) More work on my Vicky 2 campaign as Qinghai, aka the worst nation in the game, including updates for an AAR I haven't started posting yet.
Title: Re: Everybody's Working For the FRIDAY
Post by: Anguille on June 13, 2016, 02:48:11 PM
i ended up playing  only Grand Ages Rome...i am about to finish the main campaign (one map left).
Title: Re: Everybody's Working For the FRIDAY
Post by: Nefaro on June 13, 2016, 05:16:19 PM
Quote from: JasonPratt on June 13, 2016, 12:47:07 PM


2.5.) Also looked into the status of Rome2 mods; apparently Divide et Imperia is the way to go?




The DEI mod drastically changes some mechanics, and adds others. 

It's a good mod (more hardcore than vanilla), but you also need to read up on what it does & get used to it's details.  I also think the creator(s) may have gone a bit overboard with parts of their Supply system, in trying to make it varied by cultural type (bit messy w/o much payoff IMO).

I'd suggest just running the grand campaign with vanilla, and maybe some visual mods if you wanna beautify it a bit more.  For example, the DEI Faction UI frames and Unit Card art is also available as standalones for the vanilla game. 

The vanilla game is enjoyable nowadays, and you'll still need to re-familiarize yourself with it before jumping into the deeper end of the pool.