GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: gameleaper on June 12, 2016, 08:19:53 PM

Title: tharsis onsale at gog,its the best windows tablet game Ive played,Mac/PC
Post by: gameleaper on June 12, 2016, 08:19:53 PM
https://www.gog.com/game/tharsis

its 50% off at gog.com, I loved the turn-based dice game, then I put it on my windows tablet and its the best experience of a tablet game Ive played.

Ive never seen a more exciting dice game.
Title: Re: tharsis onsale at gog,its the best windows tablet game Ive played,Mac/PC
Post by: gameleaper on June 13, 2016, 01:37:06 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4ZIlw6Z6PQ

Ive had a chance to play all night, and its fantastic  1) you can play a full game in 20mins, or if you lose 3 mins   2) its easy dice game , but tricky to first pickup   3) Turn-based   4) nice art

If you want a game that's a quick pick up and put down this is it, Its so addictive I know this because I cant stop playing just one more mission every few minites. 

I challenge you to watch the full youtube vid and not buy it, its simply the best game Ive ever bought for short fast excitement
Title: Re: tharsis onsale at gog,its the best windows tablet game Ive played,Mac/PC
Post by: bbmike on June 13, 2016, 05:21:38 AM
I have it on PC but haven't tried it yet. I know there were a lot of complaints when it released that it was almost too difficult to win.
Title: Re: tharsis onsale at gog,its the best windows tablet game Ive played,Mac/PC
Post by: gameleaper on June 13, 2016, 05:54:20 AM
Its very hard , but that is what makes it replayable, you lose all the time but it only takes a few minutes per try, so you keep trying and its roguelike so its always new playthroughs

when I say its very hard, you get a varied way to do things, like instead of fixing a modules, go for more dice instead, or play a card to fix hull, its an interesting play
Title: Re: tharsis onsale at gog,its the best windows tablet game Ive played,Mac/PC
Post by: Philippe on June 13, 2016, 07:53:11 AM
I've got it on Steam and rather like it.

I really didn't like the idea of the dice at first, but after you've played a bit they become quite endearing.

This is another of those games that may not be to your taste, but the Steam refund policy comes to your rescue and stands in for a demo.

So buy the game on Steam and play it for a couple of hours.  If you like it, keep it.  If you don't, go for the refund.

I rather like the game, and am intrigued by the idea that it uses physics instead of a random number generating program (or at least that's my understanding).

I haven't managed to do the entire voyage yet, with or without cannibalism, but love the challenge of trying to do something against the odds (and they seem to be long).

People are the new chicken !