GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: Silent Disapproval Robot on June 14, 2016, 07:31:53 PM

Title: Southpark Superhero RPG - Sweet!
Post by: Silent Disapproval Robot on June 14, 2016, 07:31:53 PM
Can't wait for this one.

Title: Re: Southpark Superhero RPG - Sweet!
Post by: bbmike on June 14, 2016, 07:33:30 PM
Hmm, looks like of hella lame.  :P
Title: Re: Southpark Superhero RPG - Sweet!
Post by: Tpek on June 16, 2016, 05:26:22 PM
And Ubi/SP-Studios had done it again:

Game is unavailable for purchase from Israel.
People from Iraq, Egypt, Gaza Strip and what not can pre-order, so can (well, at least they're not blocked from Ubi's end) people from North Korea, but I can't.
Title: Re: Southpark Superhero RPG - Sweet!
Post by: Nefaro on June 16, 2016, 10:56:36 PM
Quote from: Tpek on June 16, 2016, 05:26:22 PM
And Ubi/SP-Studios had done it again:

Game is unavailable for purchase from Israel.
People from Iraq, Egypt, Gaza Strip and what not can pre-order, so can (well, at least they're not blocked from Ubi's end) people from North Korea, but I can't.


That seems to be a common issue for you, Tpek.  :(

Do you have some distributor(s) with exclusivity deals over there?  Or is Ubi just being dicks again?
Title: Re: Southpark Superhero RPG - Sweet!
Post by: Tpek on June 17, 2016, 02:26:42 AM
Quote from: Nefaro on June 16, 2016, 10:56:36 PM
Quote from: Tpek on June 16, 2016, 05:26:22 PM
And Ubi/SP-Studios had done it again:

Game is unavailable for purchase from Israel.
People from Iraq, Egypt, Gaza Strip and what not can pre-order, so can (well, at least they're not blocked from Ubi's end) people from North Korea, but I can't.


That seems to be a common issue for you, Tpek.  :(

Do you have some distributor(s) with exclusivity deals over there?  Or is Ubi just being dicks again?

Dicks, plain and simple :(

And to think I'm one of the only few people in the world who doesn't hate them for UPlay (just check out the Steam forum for their games).
Title: Re: Southpark Superhero RPG - Sweet!
Post by: Nefaro on June 17, 2016, 10:15:54 AM
Quote from: Tpek on June 17, 2016, 02:26:42 AM


And to think I'm one of the only few people in the world who doesn't hate them for UPlay (just check out the Steam forum for their games).


Oh.. I dislike them because of their lame & screwy UPlay client.  But they're also a French Canadian owned company, last I checked, so nobody here blames me for hatin'.  :))


Sometimes I wonder if these companies' leadership just do it out of their misbegotten & naive politics.  Dunno.
Title: Re: Southpark Superhero RPG - Sweet!
Post by: Tpek on June 17, 2016, 02:01:44 PM
Thought Ubisoft was originally from France itself.
Title: Re: Southpark Superhero RPG - Sweet!
Post by: Nefaro on June 19, 2016, 05:28:41 PM
Quote from: Tpek on June 17, 2016, 02:01:44 PM
Thought Ubisoft was originally from France itself.

Isn't that where French-Canadians think they're from, anyway?   :))
Title: Re: Southpark Superhero RPG - Sweet!
Post by: Tpek on June 20, 2016, 03:46:14 PM
Seems bugging and emailing both Steam/Valve and Ubisoft about it might have resolved the issue.

Steam now (at least) lets me pre-order the game.

Funnily enough, I don't tend to pre-order games so many months in advance :P
Title: Re: Southpark Superhero RPG - Sweet!
Post by: Nefaro on June 20, 2016, 07:37:23 PM
Good to hear that got resolved.

O0