My father, 76, passed away in his sleep last night/this morning. :'(
He was a good father and mentor to me, even though when I became an adult his told me he never wanted kids.
Canadian Forces Chief Warrent Officer when he retired after 30 years service and then did 7 more years as a public servent purchasing and having installed the North Warning unmanned radar system in Canada's Arctic, which in one of my many jobs I got to work on maintaining and supplying those same stations.
Took all his savings and retired to a house on the side of a hill over looking the ocean in Grenada in the carribean. Not too bad for a farm kid from PEI who ran away at 15.
He will be missed.
Very sorry to hear that, Barthheart. I can't imaging what that's like but know I will have to face it someday. My thoughts are with you. :(
Deepest sympathies my friend. I pray for you and your family in your time of grief.
RIP
Sorry to hear that, Vance. Deepest sympathies.
Barth, you have my sympathies as well. He sounds like an admirable fellow who made much of his life.
wow. So sorry to hear :(
So sorry, Barth. Prayers for you and your family, brother.
Barthheart -- losing a parent is rough. He sounds like he was a great Dad. Will keep you in my prayers.
Hey Barthheart, I feel your pain. :( I lost my dad back in 1998. You never lose the person in your heart, but time does soften the pain. I'm with you brother. :)
:'(
We're at that age, aren't we? God give you and your family strength and peace, and bless his soul.
Vance, so sorry to hear about your loss. We will keep you and your family in our thoughts and prayers.
So sorry to hear this distressing news. Strength and peace to you in this troubling time and may the rest of the year turn out better for you.
Rob C
Vance, very sorry to hear this. I lost my dad some years ago, but still think of him every day. You are yours are in my thoughts.
Sorry about your lose Vance.
Thanks everyone for your kind words and thoughts. It does help.
:)
What a great community we have here. O0
Sorry for the loss of your father. May he find peace and joy in heaven.
Shitty deal. Sorry Barth.
:-[
My sincere condolences.
Sorry to learn of the loss of your father. :'( I extend my sincere sympathy.
Heartfelt condolences to you and your family. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
I'm sorry for your loss, Barthheart.
Sorry for your loss, Vance.
On the plus side, it sounds like he lived a good, full life. We should all be so lucky.
my sincere condolences Barth.
Mate, my deepest sympathies to you and your family.
Kia Kaha. Kia Mana.
Thanks again everyone for the kind words and good thoughts.
Yer all a great bunch. O0
So sorry to hear of your loss Barth. He sounds like a guy I wish I could've met and had a couple of stiff-ones with and told a lie or two. Maybe heard a funny story about the little Barth-baby too. I lost my Father in 1993 but there's not a day goes by I don't think about him. Especially if I'm doing something I shouldn't be doing-- for some reason. But never forget, he lives on in you and any siblings you may have. And if you have any children, expect him to show-up again and again in them. When that happens, you tell them, "When I was your age MY Father would have....." You're in our thoughts and prayers.
Belated condolences from me, Vance. My thoughts & prayers are with you and your family.
Thanks guys. I'm traveling home today. Was a nice service and great to see a bunch of his friends at the wake we held. Lots of fun stories and great memories.
My sister is there for a couple of weeks with his wife and we'll be going back at Christmas to be with her.
:)
Fuck being sorry! sounds like he had an awesome life and raised a great kid.
Celebrate that!
how many people have a kid that will eventually blow up the world with a black hole?
Quote from: GDS_Starfury on July 05, 2016, 11:43:44 PM
Fuck being sorry! sounds like he had an awesome life and raised a great kid.
Celebrate that!
how many people have a kid that will eventually blow up the world with a black hole?
:)
That's what we did last Saturday night. Gathered a bunch of his friends, plied them with beer and had a great time of story telling. Great wake and send off.