I don't know what any of the rest of you think, but, off the cuff, making something that could grow out of control and kill/enslave/Copper Top every human being, is not my idea of a good idea. I don't know how, or even if it could be, but, there would need to be a way to make AI answerable to humans without fear the AI could override/reprogram itself to negate our control. Many people seem to think that the benefits far outweigh the possible negatives, and I can see that. And I would love to marvel at what could come out of a future built by AI, guided by man. I think I may be too cynical to believe that mankind won't screw it up. Or end up as batteries.
http://www.nbcnews.com/id/57041981/#.V3M3LvkrLIU
Microsft's CEO, Satya Nadella, lays out the 10 Laws of AI:
http://www.geekwire.com/2016/microsoft-ceo-satya-nadella-10-laws-ai/
And why we need space travel:
http://www.geekwire.com/2016/stephen-hawking-mad-scientists-could-kill-us-all-thats-why-we-need-space-travel/
This guy has done an excellent series on YouTube on the same subject matter. As a taster, I enclose the link regarding How to stop Robots killing us... it's good stuff.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPVOPzYiCeg
10 laws of AI? Pfft, Asimov already has us covered:
A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
A robot must obey orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
And yes, that includes AI. ::)
Yeah, but Asimov was just some writer guy. Nadella is the CEO of MICROSOFT!
Totally joking. I would take Asimov over almost anybody.
In order to escape mad scientists killing us with AI (technocrats making our life unimaginably more hazardous us with technology), we need to develop a way to shackle ourselves permanently to an unimaginably more hazardous life with proportionately more dependence on both technology and technocrats!
Brilliant Dr. Hawking! Could you please just stick to working on math problems, kthxbi?
Quote from: JasonPratt on June 30, 2016, 02:38:51 PM
In order to escape mad scientists killing us with AI (technocrats making our life unimaginably more hazardous us with technology), we need to develop a way to shackle ourselves permanently to an unimaginably more hazardous life with proportionately more dependence on both technology and technocrats!
Brilliant Dr. Hawking! Could you please just stick to working on math problems, kthxbi?
+1 O0 :2funny: