GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: RyanE on July 07, 2016, 08:16:12 PM

Title: What's next at BFC?
Post by: RyanE on July 07, 2016, 08:16:12 PM
I think the last I saw was the last module for CMFI.  But that was quite a while ago.  Has there been any more news on it from BFC?
Title: Re: What's next at BFC?
Post by: Boggit on July 11, 2016, 07:52:30 PM
Quote from: RyanE on July 07, 2016, 08:16:12 PM
I think the last I saw was the last module for CMFI.  But that was quite a while ago.  Has there been any more news on it from BFC?
Would that be Gothic Line to end of the war? I guess the models are all there from CMFI, CMBN, and CNFB. Would the colouring need to be like the southern Med, Sicily still being more mid-north Italy with winter coming on?
Title: Re: What's next at BFC?
Post by: RyanE on July 11, 2016, 08:26:49 PM
Don't know...that was kind of why I was asking.  They seem to have gone silent after CMFB.
Title: Re: What's next at BFC?
Post by: rocketman on July 12, 2016, 06:42:05 AM
No new info since FB patch unfortunately. I hope that means they are busy doing new stuff. My guess from previous info is the FI module "Gustav Line to the Alps" is next in line and/or a continuation of RT with a module.
Title: Re: What's next at BFC?
Post by: RyanE on July 12, 2016, 06:49:47 AM
I think that answers my question...no news and no changes to the previous plans.
Title: Re: What's next at BFC?
Post by: Boggit on July 12, 2016, 10:55:54 AM
I'd love to see a 1942-43 RT module Kharkov '42, Stalingrad, Kharkov '43, Leningrad area, and Kursk '43 and beyond. Lots of different combat environments. O0
Title: Re: What's next at BFC?
Post by: Greybriar on July 12, 2016, 02:15:44 PM
What's BFC? ???
Title: Re: What's next at BFC?
Post by: rocketman on July 12, 2016, 02:17:39 PM
Battlefront Company, makers of Combat Mission series of games among other.
Title: Re: What's next at BFC?
Post by: Greybriar on July 12, 2016, 02:19:12 PM
Thanks for the clarification. O0
Title: Re: What's next at BFC?
Post by: mirth on July 12, 2016, 02:34:53 PM
Quote from: Greybriar on July 12, 2016, 02:19:12 PM
Thanks for the clarification. O0

+1 I though it was Boston Fried Chicken.
Title: Re: What's next at BFC?
Post by: FarAway Sooner on July 12, 2016, 06:42:53 PM
I was going with "Big Freaking Clambake" myself.

You'd then have "Clambake Mission Bahamas/Newfoundland" (a double scenario pack) and various other titles I hadn't been able to decipher yet.  Doing clambakes in different climates calls for all sorts of different approaches, I've read...
Title: Re: What's next at BFC?
Post by: Sir Slash on July 12, 2016, 06:46:44 PM
I'd buy it. How's the AI?
Title: Re: What's next at BFC?
Post by: panzerde on July 12, 2016, 07:14:52 PM
Quote from: Sir Slash on July 12, 2016, 06:46:44 PM
I'd buy it. How's the AI?


A bit fishy...

Title: Re: What's next at BFC?
Post by: Staggerwing on July 12, 2016, 07:17:12 PM
Quote from: panzerde on July 12, 2016, 07:14:52 PM
Quote from: Sir Slash on July 12, 2016, 06:46:44 PM
I'd buy it. How's the AI?


A bit fishy...

Watch out though, it's Stacks of Doom have plenty of mussel.
Title: Re: What's next at BFC?
Post by: RyanE on July 12, 2016, 07:59:01 PM
What the heck happened to my poor thread.  Always surprised in a wargaming thread people don't know BFC.  Although, calling this a wargaming thread is a stretch now and then.
Title: Re: What's next at BFC?
Post by: mirth on July 12, 2016, 08:47:51 PM
Quote from: RyanE on July 12, 2016, 07:59:01 PM
What the heck happened to my poor thread.  Always surprised in a wargaming thread people don't know BFC.  Although, calling this a wargaming thread is a stretch now and then.

Mmmmm....chicken
Title: Re: What's next at BFC?
Post by: Sir Slash on July 12, 2016, 09:57:17 PM
BFC: Bowling For Chipmunks-- soon to be an Olympic Sport. Also a term of bragging in the Social Drinking Circle I frequent.... Both Fat Chicks.
Title: Re: What's next at BFC?
Post by: WallysWorld on July 26, 2016, 04:08:40 PM
A little update from Chris at the BF CMFI forum:

"Well, I just finished putting 10th Mountain Division formations into the TO&E database for the next CMFI release, so... ;)

We've been busy. Very busy. More info soon."

CMFI update from Chris (http://community.battlefront.com/topic/119457-beyond-gustav-line/?do=findComment&comment=1680701)