Interesting concept for DLC....curious on what this kind of add-ons will cost, but I like the fact it may reproduce some real world possibilities.
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4117008
Nice idea, but it has been done before.
I forget the name of the game, but there was a combat pc game that released monthly scenarios based on flashpoints in the news.
EDIT: I think it may have been called Kuma War.
Quote
Kuma\War (stylized as KUMA\WAR) is a free tactical first and third-person shooter game created by developer Kuma Reality Games. Kuma\War is an episodic game that re-creates real-world conflicts in video game format using information culled from news accounts, military experts, Department of Defense records and original research. Episodes consist of a playable mission, extensive background text, and often include interviews with military experts, soldiers and other actual participants in the events described.
Ha! I remember that game. It was way more kind of news backgrounder than game. The game was pretty bad.
^ 'Kuma War', I remember seeing out that back in the day. Never tried it.
Even if others tried it....still interesting how command does with it.
I'm most curious as to what the price point will be. There are already so many free scenarios out there, why pay for them unless there is something that really sets them apart.
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on July 13, 2016, 08:27:15 PM
I'm most curious as to what the price point will be. There are already so many free scenarios out there, why pay for them unless there is something that really sets them apart.
+1
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on July 13, 2016, 08:31:27 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on July 13, 2016, 08:27:15 PM
I'm most curious as to what the price point will be. There are already so many free scenarios out there, why pay for them unless there is something that really sets them apart.
+1
+2
Well - I think its likely to be quality and completeness that sets them apart. After all being built by those who built the game.
I suppose the longevity of the whole concept depends on dangerous things happening in the real world so I suppose, as a concept, I am wishing its short-lived and unsuccessful.
Quote from: Zulu1966 on July 14, 2016, 03:19:10 PM
I suppose the longevity of the whole concept depends on dangerous things happening in the real world so I suppose, as a concept, I am wishing its short-lived and unsuccessful.
I wouldn't hold your breath.
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on July 14, 2016, 04:03:15 PM
Quote from: Zulu1966 on July 14, 2016, 03:19:10 PM
I suppose the longevity of the whole concept depends on dangerous things happening in the real world so I suppose, as a concept, I am wishing its short-lived and unsuccessful.
I wouldn't hold your breath.
;) yep ... I won't be.....
Would love for them to cover South China Sea.
I think you'll like it :)
Command LIVE is announced – v1.11 SR2 released
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.warfaresims.com%2FWarSimsWP%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2016%2F07%2FLIVE1_thumb.jpg&hash=f96d0134aea584530c01826326953ba17b7530cd) (http://www.warfaresims.com/?p=4352)
Meanwhile, in Canada, LCdr Jean-Guy is once again unsuccessful in getting his submarine to start. Shouts of "Esti! Tabarnak!" are once again picked up by SOSUS.
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on July 14, 2016, 04:03:15 PM
Quote from: Zulu1966 on July 14, 2016, 03:19:10 PM
I suppose the longevity of the whole concept depends on dangerous things happening in the real world so I suppose, as a concept, I am wishing its short-lived and unsuccessful.
I wouldn't hold your breath.
Prophetic JH - not that I think getting rid of Erdogan is at all a bad thing ...
We are watching. Carefully.
Command LIVE #1 launched: Old Grudges Never Die!
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.warfaresims.com%2FWarSimsWP%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2016%2F07%2FLIVE1_thumb.jpg&hash=f96d0134aea584530c01826326953ba17b7530cd) (http://www.warfaresims.com/?p=4357)
Looks like it is just one big scenario played from both sides?
But some really creative scripting must be involved.
I think the pricing is just right and worth a try.
Seems to be one scenario. This might give you all the info you need : Kushan streaming Command Live Tonight (July 19) at 6pm PST
https://www.twitch.tv/kushan04
Second DLC from the Command LIVE series announced.
EPISODE 2: YOU BREXIT, YOU FIX IT! (http://www.matrixgames.com/products/640/details/Command.Live:.You.Brexit,.You.Fix.it!)
hhmm interesting....
EPISODE 3: IScream, You Scream, We All Scream for IScream.
I dunno...I'm not a huge fan of this new concept of paying individual fees for each new scenario. I think this is going to hurt the game more than help it.
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on July 26, 2016, 03:02:37 PM
I dunno...I'm not a huge fan of this new concept of paying individual fees for each new scenario. I think this is going to hurt the game more than help it.
Agree.
Also £2 (Steam) £2.40 (Matrix) isn't on the face of it a lot, it does start to look very overpriced if you compare it to DLC for WITW or WITE where you are paying roughly half the price per scenario where I would perceive there to be a higher replayability value.
I really don't see the issue. There is no long- or short-term impact of not buying it. There are obviously people buying them. I see no downside for trying it. Some people like them and like the fact that the scenario is supported by the devs as upgrades happen. Again, I scratch my head over people thinking its a bad idea. If its not worth it to you personally, you don't have buy it with no implications.
Command! On the cutting edge of current events! ;D
http://www.theonion.com/video/breaking-news-some-bullshit-happening-somewhere-16928
Quote from: RyanE on July 26, 2016, 08:15:01 PM
I really don't see the issue. There is no long- or short-term impact of not buying it. There are obviously people buying them. I see no downside for trying it. Some people like them and like the fact that the scenario is supported by the devs as upgrades happen. Again, I scratch my head over people thinking its a bad idea. If its not worth it to you personally, you don't have buy it with no implications.
The issue is people have paid a premium for the game already and now are being charged for single scenarios. I scratch my head over people who think it's a good idea. Whether it's worth it to you, or not, is irrelevant to me. When people buy it, there are implications.
Essentially they're breaking a larger scenario pack into pay-as-you-want-them bites, and releasing them at more topical times. Sure, if you gotta catch them all, you're paying more (maybe) for the total scenario pack expansion; but if you only wanted one or two scenarios out of a pack, then you're paying a ton more for those one or two scenarios by buying the whole group at once!
They are probably the experts in doing complex scripting that no one can pull off at the moment.
But if you don't want it, don't buy it. There is a great and easy to use scenario editor where you can build your own. In fact there are hundreds of free scenarios. I am still not sure what the issue is. Would it be better if they didn't offer this item? Would that make everyone happy? Is that the solution...stop making supported scenarios as DLC.
If you want to wait until a pack comes out, they do that too. I guess I come back to someone thinking this is a bad idea. At worst, it doesn't work and the devs wasted some time. At best, some of their fans get scenarios faster. The devs just stated that these are built by community members as well so they can make a little money also. I am completely flumoxed that someone would complain about this. I guess it just shows that a company can't please everyone.
Something about paying per scenario just doesn't sit well with me. Begs the question if there will be expansions down the road - or a GOLD version that will offer more value for those who wait - or will this strategy prevent any further multi-scenario DLC from being released ?
On the other hand - paying near to $5.00 for a quality, well-crafted scenario may be a worthwhile investment, but maybe not one I want tied to current events?? Overall, I'm conflicted and will follow the old adage "when in doubt do nothing."
Also, what are the implications? Can you detail them, I must be dense because I couldn't see them...
Here are my implications on spending $3...
Good
Faster development and release of official scenarios...vs the months we have waited
Inexpensive
Supported as game updates happen...this is a big issue. The games improves so fast that community scenarios get left behind id authors aren't committed.
Community scenario builders that are good enough can build scenarios and make a little money
Bad
Buying individual scenarios is usually more expensive than a pack
I really can't come up with anything else.
I really think if you think this is a bad idea, you should do nothing. They have stated very clearly that this has no impact on future campaigns and packs. This is so community scenario builders have a formal outlet and players get some quick content. I am really struggling to see what the implications are that you mentioned.
Again, I'll point out...almost 100 official scenarios and several hundred community scenarios and ability to build any scenario in the world back to 1950. Now the OPTION to buy for $3 a quick turnaround scenario in a series...I am stumped at the cost discussion.
This frustrates the heck out of me. A good developer with a great game decides to offer something up that is inexpensive and improves the community...and they get this. What more can a company do. If its $1, $0.50, $0.25, would it be amenable. Or is the only way this works is they do it for free?
Quote from: RyanE on July 27, 2016, 06:23:44 AM
But if you don't want it, don't buy it. There is a great and easy to use scenario editor where you can build your own. In fact there are hundreds of free scenarios. I am still not sure what the issue is. Would it be better if they didn't offer this item? Would that make everyone happy? Is that the solution...stop making supported scenarios as DLC.
If you want to wait until a pack comes out, they do that too. I guess I come back to someone thinking this is a bad idea. At worst, it doesn't work and the devs wasted some time. At best, some of their fans get scenarios faster. The devs just stated that these are built by community members as well so they can make a little money also. I am completely flumoxed that someone would complain about this. I guess it just shows that a company can't please everyone.
Why are you "completely flummoxed"? These are micro transactions for a game that has already cost $60 to $80 depending on when you bought it. Now, people, are being charged $3.00 per scenario? No new assets, nothing new in the database, no new images, etc., just a single scenario, and you can't figure out why someone may be troubled by that? You may not care, or have a problem with it, but don't play stupid when it comes to why someone might not like the idea.
I am not playing stupid, I probably am. How much should they charge that would get you to buy it? Or should they just not have the option available? Should they only sell them in packs?
btw, there no new units because all the units needed are already in the database. They put units in for free every day. Find a unit not in the db, send them the info...poof...its in the database...for free. Would you prefer they hold off on new units until they release a scenario that needs it?
I am genuinely curious at what they could to to make you think something is good. I am just not sure what business model they can undertake that would satisfy you. Should they never release new content? Should they release it and it be free? What content would you pay for?
Quote from: RyanE on July 27, 2016, 06:27:49 AM
Also, what are the implications? Can you detail them, I must be dense because I couldn't see them...
Here are my implications on spending $3...
Good
Faster development and release of official scenarios...vs the months we have waited
Inexpensive
Supported as game updates happen...this is a big issue. The games improves so fast that community scenarios get left behind id authors aren't committed.
Community scenario builders that are good enough can build scenarios and make a little money
Bad
Buying individual scenarios is usually more expensive than a pack
I really can't come up with anything else.
Yes, you are dense, and I don't much care for your attitude. I'm entitled to my opinion and don t need to be ostracized for it.
The major implication is that by paying for single scenarios, you are contributing to and furthering this methodology. High quality, free community scenarios will no longer be available and everything will become paid "DLC". Once again, whether you want to kiss the developers ass or not is up to you, but I think it's a bad idea and some people agree with me. Now I've said my peace, I'm not going to argue it further with you.
But won't the market decide that. The devs specifically said they were trying this out to see how it works. All the points you brought up they addressed when it was announced.
I mean come on...the actual community members are being rewarded for the work that goes into building a high quality scenario. The guy who built the first one, Gunner98 on the forum, will be rewarded for taking his scenario to the next level in quality and supporting it going forward. The funny thing is that someone already built a similar scenario last year. But the DLC one is much better and supported.
Do you really think all scenario development will stop by the community? I will bet you right now it doesn't. Are you confident enough to take the bet for all to see?
And really? that is the only implication you could come up with? BFC did the same thing and it didn't seem to slow scenario development at all.
So what this comes down to is you want it for free. Even community scenario builders like Gunner98 should never make money off the immense work it takes to build a complicated scenario and support it going forward. You don't think those people should ever make any money. Is that it?
Again, I'll ask...what should the devs do. Never release new content? Because releasing new units won't work because they already do those for free. If you add up the total I have spent on Command in the three years...$100. In three years. They have upgraded that original engine a dozen times in those three years...for free. Not a penny charged. There are over 400 scenarios available right now.
How about they become a real company and start charging for major features and theaters like BFC, where I have probably spent $400. How many games can you say that have made the major additions Command has added to itself, have 400 scenarios available, can produce any battle anywhere in the world, covers almost 100 years, and is as detailed as Command is? All for less than $100. Even the old Harpoon needed individual theaters and was more limited in scope...and I have probably spent over $200 on Harpoon.
Quote from: RyanE on July 27, 2016, 07:02:56 AM
But won't the market decide that. The devs specifically said they were trying this out to see how it works. All the points you brought up they addressed when it was announced.
Yes, the market will decide it, and if people like you actually spend your money on single scenarios, that will help drive further micro transactions with not only this game, but other games developed in the future and I think micro transactions for a wargame I've already paid EIGHTY DOLLARS for is a bad thing for the consumer.
Quote from: RyanE on July 27, 2016, 07:02:56 AM
I mean come on...the actual community members are being rewarded for the work that goes into building a high quality scenario. The guy who built the first one, Gunner98 on the forum, will be rewarded for taking his scenario to the next level in quality and supporting it going forward. The funny thing is that someone already built a similar scenario last year. But the DLC one is much better and supported.
Great...good for them. For the first two years of the games existence, they were doing it for free to contribute to the community. If they want to solicit donations, fine, but peering up with the developer to overcharge for something that used to be released to simply further and expand the community, is a bad thing and it will chill the development of free content. Everyone will be looking to make a quick buck and the developer will now encourage users who ordinarily would have released free content to release through the developer for a charge .
Quote from: RyanE on July 27, 2016, 07:02:56 AM
Do you really think all scenario development will stop by the community? I will bet you right now it doesn't. Are you confident enough to take the bet for all to see?
Yes and Yes. Put your money where your mouth is. Feel free to PM me your terms. I'll consider and counter.
Quote from: RyanE on July 27, 2016, 07:02:56 AM
And really? that is the only implication you could come up with? BFC did the same thing and it didn't seem to slow scenario development at all.
You're comparing Battlefront modules to the single scenarios released for CMANO? Really?
Quote from: RyanE on July 27, 2016, 07:02:56 AM
So what this comes down to is you want it for free. Even community scenario builders like Gunner98 should never make money off the immense work it takes to build a complicated scenario and support it going forward. You don't think those people should ever make any money. Is that it?
No. Its not for free. I've paid EIGHTY DOLLARS for the game. That is enough money to support future development. I don't have a beef against DLC, per se, but a single scenario priced at $3.00 is a bridge too far. Make a campaign, I'll pay for that. Add certain forms of media, like videos, images, sounds, music...heck, I'll even pay for that too. But a single scenario...no thanks.
Quote from: RyanE on July 27, 2016, 07:02:56 AM
Again, I'll ask...what should the devs do. Never release new content? Because releasing new units won't work because they already do those for free. If you add up the total I have spent on Command in the three years...$100. In three years. They have upgraded that original engine a dozen times in those three years...for free. Not a penny charged. There are over 400 scenarios available right now.
You are totally hyperbolizing my argument. My issue is with the release of a single scenario with no other content for $3.00. I don't take issue with DLC, or the release of new content, I just don't want to feel like I'm being taken advantage of which a $3.00 charge for a single scenario for a game I paid EIGHTY DOLLARS for makes me feel. Yes, there are over 400 scenarios released by the community for free. Now that the developer is involved and charging for the same content, that will cease, thanks for supporting that concept.
Quote from: RyanE on July 27, 2016, 07:02:56 AM
How about they become a real company and start charging for major features and theaters like BFC, where I have probably spent $400. How many games can you say that have made the major additions Command has added to itself, have 400 scenarios available, can produce any battle anywhere in the world, covers almost 100 years, and is as detailed as Command is? All for less than $100. Even the old Harpoon needed individual theaters and was more limited in scope...and I have probably spent over $200 on Harpoon.
Again, I have no problem with paying for major content releases including theaters, campaigns, etc. We are solely talking about a single scenario for $3.00.
So you aren't done arguing...
So I'll put a $10 steam gift card on scenario releases staying at the same clip. I work out new scenarios rates while on the plane tonight.
You didn't answer my question. How many scenarios would have to be released in a pack for it to be worth it? BFC released a scenario pack with a campaign. Is there no circumstance where you would pay for any number of scenarios? So in your world, the devs can never publish a series of scenarios that could have potentially been built by the community? What about campaigns. Those can and have been built by the community? Are the devs ruining your gaming life by releasing campaigns that, in theory, be built by the community. So let's tally this up for DLC...
1) New units...nope, they do that for free
2) Major feature additions...nope, they do that for free
3) Scenario (single)...nope because now the community won't build any more
4) Scenario packs...nope, same as above
5) Campaigns...nope, same as above.
So what can they build that cause you to spend money. I assume you didn't buy Northen Inferno. You know if you dig inside the free scenarios, you'll find some close to that.
So three years of actual feature-adding upgrades for $80. That How long should the devs do major upgrades for free? Do you think $80 is a lifetime of upgrades. Not bug fixes, but actual upgrades. How long should they keep adding features for that $80.
Command LIVE #2 is announced – v1.11 SR3 released
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.matrixgames.com%2Famazon%2FArt%2FCMANO%2FCLIVE_II_Brexit_Spotlight_Announcement.jpg&hash=9490abc7a5bc5bcd3b51fd4d2c4cac6758f91728) (http://www.warfaresims.com/?p=4359)
So its been two weeks since the LIVE scenarios were announced. In that two weeks 6 scenarios were completed and added to the community pack. The two weeks before that, 4 were added, the two weeks before that, 2. The two weeks before that there were none.
There were at least 6-7 being worked on during that two weeks, but none of them added to the community pack yet because they are not finished yet. I didn't count any before that, but will track that as well. Even though on first blush, it would appear that the LIVE release might have invigorated scenario development, the samples are too small to really declare any trend. But you can see its pretty easy to track. I would say a couple months should show the real trend, if one exists. But starting out, its looking like I'll get $10...
Quote from: RyanE on July 27, 2016, 07:46:59 PM
So its been two weeks since the LIVE scenarios were announced. In that two weeks 6 scenarios were completed and added to the community pack. The two weeks before that, 4 were added, the two weeks before that, 2. The two weeks before that there were none.
There were at least 6-7 being worked on during that two weeks, but none of them added to the community pack yet because they are not finished yet. I didn't count any before that, but will track that as well. Even though on first blush, it would appear that the LIVE release might have invigorated scenario development, the samples are too small to really declare any trend. But you can see its pretty easy to track. I would say a couple months should show the real trend, if one exists. But starting out, its looking like I'll get $10...
It's looking like you'll get banned.
Hi All
Mike from Warfaresims here. Nice string :D
The goal is to to promote the game and community by producing and promoting scenarios relevant to current events. The hope is that player's will have a good few hours of fun, new people will try the game, player's will appreciate the designers and perhaps think and talk about current events. By all measures This seems to be working out.
To address some of your valid concerns.
- There is no dependency on a feature or database entry. That's all done in game.exe updates.
- There has been no drop in community scenario production and there is only a slight linkage. We do look to the community collection to see who can walk the talk but everything else is independent from idea conception to production level stuff.
- Nobody put a down payment on a Ferrari. We don't talk money on forums but there is a reality that must be accounted for 8)
Anyways hope you all are having a nice summer!
Mike
Quote from: bostonmyk on July 28, 2016, 09:26:07 AM
Hi All
Mike from Warfaresims here. Nice string :D
The goal is to to promote the game and community by producing and promoting scenarios relevant to current events. The hope is that player's will have a good few hours of fun, new people will try the game, player's will appreciate the designers and perhaps think and talk about current events. By all measures This seems to be working out.
To address some of your valid concerns.
- There is no dependency on a feature or database entry. That's all done in game.exe updates.
- There has been no drop in community scenario production and there is only a slight linkage. We do look to the community collection to see who can walk the talk but everything else is independent from idea conception to production level stuff.
- Nobody put a down payment on a Ferrari. We don't talk money on forums but there is a reality that must be accounted for 8)
Anyways hope you all are having a nice summer!
Mike
Thanks for poking your head in.
just to be clear, I'm not criticizing anyone on the development team for trying this out. Personally, I just think its a bad trend from the perspective of the consumer. That being said, I've been involved with this game since it was in closed beta and think it is a wonderful accomplishment and I think the ongoing support of the game has been incredible. I'm really just arguing against a very narrow issue that I find problematic. Thats all.
Good luck with the future of the game!
I'm clearly biased but my thoughts on the consumer perspective is that you're getting value for a few reasons. First by virtue of growing the pool of Warfaresims scenario authors you're more likely to get a scenario you value by having a variety of styles and perspectives rather than just one that of the Warfaresims Devs. Assuming success and quality you're paying for what you exactly want rather than buying a pack that might have 3 you want and 4 your don't (like every Radiohead album ever ahem...) Finally, in theory this will drive the quantity and quality up as more designers will want to be involved and they will be practicing their trade to meet the mark. The practice will be done in the community pool and you guys are actually setting the mark so the win for you should be clear. The risk is 3$
Anyway thanks and have a good day!
Mike
I'm with JH on this. As a consumer, it doesn't feel like a "win" to me.
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on July 27, 2016, 08:05:51 PM
Quote from: RyanE on July 27, 2016, 07:46:59 PM
So its been two weeks since the LIVE scenarios were announced. In that two weeks 6 scenarios were completed and added to the community pack. The two weeks before that, 4 were added, the two weeks before that, 2. The two weeks before that there were none.
There were at least 6-7 being worked on during that two weeks, but none of them added to the community pack yet because they are not finished yet. I didn't count any before that, but will track that as well. Even though on first blush, it would appear that the LIVE release might have invigorated scenario development, the samples are too small to really declare any trend. But you can see its pretty easy to track. I would say a couple months should show the real trend, if one exists. But starting out, its looking like I'll get $10...
It's looking like you'll get banned.
I assume you're joking...right?
Quote from: RyanE on July 28, 2016, 03:53:24 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on July 27, 2016, 08:05:51 PM
Quote from: RyanE on July 27, 2016, 07:46:59 PM
So its been two weeks since the LIVE scenarios were announced. In that two weeks 6 scenarios were completed and added to the community pack. The two weeks before that, 4 were added, the two weeks before that, 2. The two weeks before that there were none.
There were at least 6-7 being worked on during that two weeks, but none of them added to the community pack yet because they are not finished yet. I didn't count any before that, but will track that as well. Even though on first blush, it would appear that the LIVE release might have invigorated scenario development, the samples are too small to really declare any trend. But you can see its pretty easy to track. I would say a couple months should show the real trend, if one exists. But starting out, its looking like I'll get $10...
It's looking like you'll get banned.
I assume you're joking...right?
You're still here, aren't you?
Command LIVE #2 launched: You Brexit, You Fix It!
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2F722TsLf.jpg&hash=263e27f8a805ab0755f713b570aff0e62ced4e92) (http://www.warfaresims.com/?p=4369)
Just as a quick follow up...in the completed and ready for community pack thread at Matrix:
From early June to LIVE announcement (7/13), seven scenarios were posted.
From LIVE announcement date (7/13) to today (about the same number of days as above), ten have been posted.
The counting here was relatively easy because they are consolidated into one thread.
Using the same dates for the inital posting of beta scenarios from the community
11 pre-LIVE announcement scenarios posted for testing
14 post-LIVE announcement scenarios for testing.
The counting on the last part was a little more difficult. There were and are a bunch of scenarios posted that are still being worked on so I had to go into each one and look at the start date. I would say the accuracy was +/- 2 scenarios. But seven weeks in from the July 13 LIVE announcement, the rate of new community scenario posting has increased slightly.
next command live is about the South China Sea. O0
http://www.matrixgames.com/products/643/details/CommandLIVE:SpratlySpat
The Slitherine Group brief US military chiefs in Virginia. (http://www.epsomguardian.co.uk/news/14746038.From_Epsom_to_the_Pentagon__Surrey_game_makers_brief_US_military_chiefs_in_Virginia/) Good job Slitherine/Matrixgames/Dimitris O0
Impressive ! O0
(which reminds me -- I really need to find some time to start learning this game...)
Quote from: sandman2575 on September 19, 2016, 03:21:58 PM
Impressive ! O0
(which reminds me -- I really need to find some time to start learning this game...)
Me too! I've tried, but it takes a commitment of time and effort (steep learning curve) that I found myself unable to do, I constantly get distracted by other easier to learn games.
I fail most of the scenarios I play out the first time around. :-[
But it's really fun and I like the challenge.
I found Command the most difficult game to learn that I have ever played. Its not the UI, its not the game itself, if its just the huge number of options available to play. You can go from absolute micro-management heaven to a "set the strategy and hands off" play...or any type in between. It is sometimes hard to figure out which direction to go in.
Quote from: Rayfer on September 20, 2016, 08:27:08 AM
Quote from: sandman2575 on September 19, 2016, 03:21:58 PM
Impressive ! O0
(which reminds me -- I really need to find some time to start learning this game...)
Me too! I've tried, but it takes a commitment of time and effort (steep learning curve) that I found myself unable to do, I constantly get distracted by other easier to learn games.
Old guy here. There are a lot of newer games that I struggle to learn (e.g. Grigsby's War in the East/West, AGEOD's newer titles, Graviteam's stuff). Rather than spend the time and effort to learn something new, I find myself constantly firing up Steel Panthers, TOAW, or a Tiller title -- systems I learned 10-20 years ago.
But I made a New Year's resolution this year to learn Command. And I have been pleasantly surprised at how well the system has clicked with me. I'm not sure if it's because of the number of excellent videos on Command which I spent time watching (e.g. Baloogan's) or the good forums devoted to the game, but, for whatever reason, learning Command was nowhere near the chore that I thought it would be.
Quote from: stolypin on September 20, 2016, 12:25:25 PM
Quote from: Rayfer on September 20, 2016, 08:27:08 AM
Quote from: sandman2575 on September 19, 2016, 03:21:58 PM
Impressive ! O0
(which reminds me -- I really need to find some time to start learning this game...)
Me too! I've tried, but it takes a commitment of time and effort (steep learning curve) that I found myself unable to do, I constantly get distracted by other easier to learn games.
Old guy here. There are a lot of newer games that I struggle to learn (e.g. Grigsby's War in the East/West, AGEOD's newer titles, Graviteam's stuff). Rather than spend the time and effort to learn something new, I find myself constantly firing up Steel Panthers, TOAW, or a Tiller title -- systems I learned 10-20 years ago.
But I made a New Year's resolution this year to learn Command. And I have been pleasantly surprised at how well the system has clicked with me. I'm not sure if it's because of the number of excellent videos on Command which I spent time watching (e.g. Baloogan's) or the good forums devoted to the game, but, for whatever reason, learning Command was nowhere near the chore that I thought it would be.
Thanks! You give me hope. I'm an 'old guy' as well.....65. Game on!
Quote from: steve58 on September 19, 2016, 03:15:05 PM
The Slitherine Group brief US military chiefs in Virginia. (http://www.epsomguardian.co.uk/news/14746038.From_Epsom_to_the_Pentagon__Surrey_game_makers_brief_US_military_chiefs_in_Virginia/) Good job Slitherine/Matrixgames/Dimitris O0
Thanks :)
Command LIVE #3 launched: Spratly Spat!
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FoBPV8jv.jpg&hash=e8e027a1fa8a67e302000aa388f27dbd1d57dbcc) (http://www.warfaresims.com/?p=4371)
Command is a favorite of mine as well. The insane amount of things to play with just has infinite appeal to me!
I am hoping , however, on multiplayer support down the line . That would make it legendary in my book.
Whether the new scenarios are good, bad, or indifferent....really like the fake news reports they put out giving great context on the situation. I would likely buy these in a second but I still continue to struggle learning the overall game. I am hoping someday it just clicks with me, but hopes are not high:(
Command LIVE #4 launched: Don of a New Era!
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.warfaresims.com%2FWarSimsWP%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2016%2F10%2FLIVE4.jpg&hash=5cac167300a76f17dcebd8038999386687cc77e3) (http://www.warfaresims.com/?p=4389)
Love the story lines
I approve of the liberal use of puns in the titles. O0
Jim Cobb reviewed C-LIVE #3 and #4: http://www.wargamer.com/reviews/review-command-live-episodes-3-and-4/