GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: gameleaper on July 23, 2016, 03:11:27 PM

Title: 60% off Euro Truck Simulator 2
Post by: gameleaper on July 23, 2016, 03:11:27 PM
60% off Euro Truck Simulator 2 this week on steam. I got it for £6 , on humble its £18

Ive been playing a while now, and by eck its a great sim, its realistic driving just what you would experience on the road. I didn't know if something this graphically good would run on my older PC as its about 3 years old, but I decided at £6 Id risk it, and I never looked back.

do your self a favour and have a look

Title: Re: 60% off Euro Truck Simulator 2
Post by: Flywheel on July 23, 2016, 06:21:06 PM
It's got a decent multiplayer community if you haven't been there.
The Stobart VTC is a friendly and mature team to drive with.
Title: Re: 60% off Euro Truck Simulator 2
Post by: gameleaper on July 23, 2016, 07:14:11 PM
Thanks for the info Flywheel, does your nickname have anything to do with trucks :)
Title: Re: 60% off Euro Truck Simulator 2
Post by: jomni on July 23, 2016, 10:23:26 PM
Quote from: Flywheel on July 23, 2016, 06:21:06 PM
It's got a decent multiplayer community if you haven't been there.
The Stobart VTC is a friendly and mature team to drive with.

How does MP work? I've need driving solo.
Title: Re: 60% off Euro Truck Simulator 2
Post by: DennisS on July 23, 2016, 10:33:02 PM
I have enjoyed ETS II very much. The American version? Not so much. In an effort to shorten the distances between cities, the US version has a ratio about 25% less than Europe. Thus, for every 100km you drive in Europe, that would be about 125 km in America. Not a big fan of this...they should keep the ratio the same, or make it even slower. If you want to drive from San Diego to Oregon, that is about a thousand KM..and it should take awhile!
Title: Re: 60% off Euro Truck Simulator 2
Post by: Flywheel on July 24, 2016, 01:29:23 AM
Quote from: gameleaper on July 23, 2016, 07:14:11 PM
Thanks for the info Flywheel, does your nickname have anything to do with trucks :)

No, nothing. I just like the sound of it.
Title: Re: 60% off Euro Truck Simulator 2
Post by: Flywheel on July 24, 2016, 01:36:43 AM
http://www.moddb.com/mods/euro-truck-simulator-2-multiplayer (http://www.moddb.com/mods/euro-truck-simulator-2-multiplayer)
ETS2 doesn't have an inbuilt multiplayer, it's a mod that can be found at the above link. I think you need to have a couple of hours single player going before you can access MP.
Title: Re: 60% off Euro Truck Simulator 2
Post by: Flywheel on July 24, 2016, 01:42:46 AM
Quote from: DennisS on July 23, 2016, 10:33:02 PM
I have enjoyed ETS II very much. The American version? Not so much. In an effort to shorten the distances between cities, the US version has a ratio about 25% less than Europe. Thus, for every 100km you drive in Europe, that would be about 125 km in America. Not a big fan of this...they should keep the ratio the same, or make it even slower. If you want to drive from San Diego to Oregon, that is about a thousand KM..and it should take awhile!

I'm not keen on the utterly unrealistic time for travelling distance, but that might be because I am used to the time distance takes when I fly my flight sim. With my flight sim I fly with FSEconomy, it's  a multiuser system whereby you can rent aircraft, take passenger and cargo contracts...great stuff.