GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: Tpek on July 26, 2016, 12:19:21 PM

Title: Marvel Ultimate Alliance
Post by: Tpek on July 26, 2016, 12:19:21 PM
Has now been re-made (alongside its sequel) and released for PC and next gen consoles!!!
w00t!!!!!!!!  :D

http://store.steampowered.com/app/433300/
http://store.steampowered.com/app/433320/
Title: Re: Marvel Ultimate Alliance
Post by: mirth on July 26, 2016, 12:22:21 PM
That's cool, but I wish they'd do a completely new one.
Title: Re: Marvel Ultimate Alliance
Post by: Tpek on July 26, 2016, 12:26:00 PM
Well, MUA2 never came out for PC (before).

Plus, there have been rumors (for years now) that MUA3 is in the works, and until today I never took them seriously.
Title: Re: Marvel Ultimate Alliance
Post by: mirth on July 26, 2016, 12:33:03 PM
Quote from: Tpek on July 26, 2016, 12:26:00 PM
Plus, there have been rumors (for years now) that MUA3 is in the works, and until today I never took them seriously.

True. At least there's some hope for MUA3 now.
Title: Re: Marvel Ultimate Alliance
Post by: Nefaro on July 26, 2016, 12:33:22 PM
Holy testicle tuesdays Batman!  They're quite proud of these old games, judging by the price.  :o


Definitely want, but they're gonna have to hit a sale before I get 'em.
Title: Re: Marvel Ultimate Alliance
Post by: mirth on July 26, 2016, 12:36:27 PM
The used console versions are pricey too. I think MUA2 for 360 cost me $20-$25 a few months ago. Great games though.
Title: Re: Marvel Ultimate Alliance
Post by: jamus34 on July 26, 2016, 12:37:28 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on July 26, 2016, 12:33:22 PM
Holy testicle tuesdays Batman!  They're quite proud of these old games, judging by the price.  :o


Definitely want, but they're gonna have to hit a sale before I get 'em.

Agreed 100% I never played the second one but played the hell out of the first. That said I won't post more than 20 for the set
Title: Re: Marvel Ultimate Alliance
Post by: jamus34 on July 26, 2016, 05:06:56 PM
Reviews are apparently slamming it too as a crap port...controls all broke.
Title: Re: Marvel Ultimate Alliance
Post by: mirth on July 26, 2016, 05:29:55 PM
That's too bad. Hard to imagine screwing up the controls for such simple games.
Title: Re: Marvel Ultimate Alliance
Post by: Tpek on July 27, 2016, 12:21:03 AM
Quote from: jamus34 on July 26, 2016, 05:06:56 PM
Reviews are apparently slamming it too as a crap port...controls all broke.

Most of those reviews seem to be from people who just want to bash the game due to its price (as in, not being free
with a customary BJ). Abusing Steam's crappy buy/review/refund system.
Title: Re: Marvel Ultimate Alliance
Post by: JasonPratt on July 27, 2016, 05:37:07 AM
No, I think there's enough smoke to indicate fire. The problems between the two ports seem significantly different. That the publishers are charging so much would be an insult on top of injury.
Title: Re: Marvel Ultimate Alliance
Post by: Jarhead0331 on July 27, 2016, 08:32:38 AM
Quote from: Tpek on July 27, 2016, 12:21:03 AM
(as in, not being free with a customary BJ).

Daaaaaaammmmmn! Where do I sign up?
Title: Re: Marvel Ultimate Alliance
Post by: Nefaro on July 27, 2016, 10:52:03 AM
Quote from: JasonPratt on July 27, 2016, 05:37:07 AM
No, I think there's enough smoke to indicate fire. The problems between the two ports seem significantly different. That the publishers are charging so much would be an insult on top of injury.

I've been reading reports that the first one also doesn't include the expansion content, but #2 does. 

Wonder if they'll resolve some of the complaints, or just leave it as a quick & dirty port job.  At the price they're asking, I hope the control scheme isn't too bad.
Title: Re: Marvel Ultimate Alliance
Post by: Nefaro on July 27, 2016, 11:08:53 AM
I don't normally watch his videos, but saw this vid regarding some of the port complaints..






That mouse & keyboard system looks terrible.  As if whomever did it had never played an action-rpg on the PC before, and has no clue as to the tried & true.    :-\
Title: Re: Marvel Ultimate Alliance
Post by: Tpek on July 27, 2016, 03:08:09 PM
The PC version is pretty much a direct port of the new console version.

However, even the original MUA had these terrible controls.

It's sad that they never bothered to actually adjust the game for the PC, but it wasn't a deal breaker for me.
Title: Re: Marvel Ultimate Alliance
Post by: Nefaro on July 27, 2016, 03:24:51 PM
My question:

Should I even consider getting it, eventually, when I still have plenty Marvel Heroes left to do?
Title: Re: Marvel Ultimate Alliance
Post by: Tpek on July 28, 2016, 02:59:21 AM
Quote from: Nefaro on July 27, 2016, 03:24:51 PM
My question:

Should I even consider getting it, eventually, when I still have plenty Marvel Heroes left to do?

Hard to answer.
But It'd say, if you've got enough on your plate right now, better wait for a sale (hopefully by which time the devs would fix some of the issues people complain about)
Title: Re: Marvel Ultimate Alliance
Post by: JasonPratt on July 28, 2016, 03:03:09 PM
^ Agreed. If I want to play MUA without the Hulk, but also without crippling bugs, I can always go hook up my PS2.  :P