GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: Ian C on August 22, 2016, 01:49:28 PM

Title: Tempest - 'Pirate Open World Action RPG'
Post by: Ian C on August 22, 2016, 01:49:28 PM
Fair price, mostly positive STEAM reviews, looks quite interesting, Just out of early access.. Anyone played this?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/418180/






Title: Re: Tempest - 'Pirate Open World Action RPG'
Post by: Shelldrake on August 22, 2016, 02:12:55 PM
Looks nice but the fantasy aspects ruin it for me.
Title: Re: Tempest - 'Pirate Open World Action RPG'
Post by: tgb on August 22, 2016, 02:30:21 PM
Is there ballroom dancing?
Title: Re: Tempest - 'Pirate Open World Action RPG'
Post by: Ian C on August 22, 2016, 03:06:38 PM
Quote from: tgb on August 22, 2016, 02:30:21 PM
Is there ballroom dancing?

That feature in Sid Meier's Pirates cracks me up every time.
Title: Re: Tempest - 'Pirate Open World Action RPG'
Post by: Philippe on August 22, 2016, 03:19:21 PM
I loved the dancing.

If you had a tin ear and weren't used to old music, you had trouble with it.

Otherwise it was fun, easy, and hopelessly anachronistic (like everything else in the game).

Title: Re: Tempest - 'Pirate Open World Action RPG'
Post by: Gusington on August 22, 2016, 05:19:22 PM
I was awesome at the dancing in Pirates!
Title: Re: Tempest - 'Pirate Open World Action RPG'
Post by: MengJiao on August 23, 2016, 07:23:01 PM
Quote from: Shelldrake on August 22, 2016, 02:12:55 PM
Looks nice but the fantasy aspects ruin it for me.

I'd be happier if somebody could fix up a single-player naval action.  I don't mind naval battles that take a long time, but I need to be able to
pause them.

Oh and while they were fixing it up, they could also make it a real buccaneer game focused on small boats and sneakiness and slitting throats and what not.  And setting it around 1550 to 1650.  And having dangerous natives on the islands.  and Sharks.  in the water. and fewer.  Periods.  Period.
Title: Re: Tempest - 'Pirate Open World Action RPG'
Post by: steve58 on November 08, 2020, 09:29:01 AM
necro'd this because now you can scratch your Pirate itch for just $1.

https://www.fanatical.com/en/game/tempest
Title: Re: Tempest - 'Pirate Open World Action RPG'
Post by: Gusington on November 08, 2020, 01:08:58 PM
Is it worth that dollar?
Title: Re: Tempest - 'Pirate Open World Action RPG'
Post by: steve58 on November 08, 2020, 04:54:12 PM
Quote from: Gusington on November 08, 2020, 01:08:58 PM
Is it worth that dollar?

Probably only if you have an itch, and since there have been prior confessions on this forum of moist loins (that tend to lead to itches), I'd say it may help a Grog or two >:D
Title: Re: Tempest - 'Pirate Open World Action RPG'
Post by: glen55 on November 08, 2020, 07:24:52 PM
Quote from: steve58 on November 08, 2020, 09:29:01 AM
necro'd this because now you can scratch your Pirate itch for just $1.

https://www.fanatical.com/en/game/tempest

Wow, even though my box is in the moving ban (indefinitely, it seems), I was ready to plunk down my $23 once I saw "Pure singleplayer -
Want to be a lone sea wolf? Multiplayer is only an option, the game is originally designed for singleplayer."

I'm going to go ahead and buy it and download it when I get my box back.