Reminded by the Battlefield One beta thread, I reread this piece regarding the next Red Orchestra 2 game - looks as if it could be rather good:
http://www.pcgamer.com/hands-on-with-rising-storm-2-vietnams-helicopters-tunnels-and-guns/
I am spectacularly awful at FPS, but had some great games on RO and RO2 in the past (mainly upping other people's k/d ratios and making them feel badass)
I am spectacularly awful at FPS, but had some great games on RO and RO2 in the past (mainly upping other people's k/d ratios and making them feel badass)
[/quote]
LOL....exactly my same experience.
We need to play on an oldies only server :)
Just a brief note if you havent kept up on RO and RO2. Darkest Hour( original west front RO mod)s now a free stand alone download and was just updated about 2 months ago....It has come a long way and is much better than the original... There is a west front mod for RO2 called Heroes of the west which is out and is pretty good also.
Quote from: Trooperc7 on September 01, 2016, 07:35:58 AM
Darkest Hour( original west front RO mod)s now a free stand alone download and was just updated about 2 months ago....It has come a long way and is much better than the original.
I'm an absolute DH fanboi - still my go-to shooter. If you can get past the 12 year old graphics, there is a lot of content. And for me it has a great tempo - by which I mean your average life-span. If this is too short it is obviously frustrating. Conversely, a game in which you off 10 baddies per death is to me also irritating - I don't want my "realistic" shooters to play out like a Hollywood blockbuster. The likes of DH/RO/RO2/Squad don't track your K/D, but I keep a mental tally, and consider it a good session if it's around 1.
I've probably said this before, but, to those who think they suck at these games, stick at it. I always find it takes some time to get my eye in - during that time I'm constantly dying from unseen enemies. After a while I progress to dying from enemies I see - but too late. Eventually (usually after 2-3 rounds) I start to pick off some bad guys. My point is that I reckon I'm pretty much at the median point of the Grogheads age democratic and am certainly no keyboard ninja, so if you stick at it for a while, you'll probably start to enjoy it.
On topic: I am looking forward to this new RO2 title. It should be good since Rising Storm already has tropical scenery and asymmetric combat,
Zero interest in Vietnam.
Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on September 03, 2016, 12:42:08 PM
Zero interest in Vietnam.
Boo.
I feel the same way about most everything WW2. :crazy2:
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fboardgamegeek.com%2Fcamo%2F3e2b4f09bdd1a13352f08b1dd190528f0629531c%2F687474703a2f2f63646e2e6d656d6567656e657261746f722e6e65742f696e7374616e6365732f343030782f32383233393830312e6a7067&hash=cb4424f3e92d2faa2b181d093ba26335663d596b)