GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: Rayfer on September 01, 2016, 10:07:31 AM

Title: Daggerfall 20th anniversary
Post by: Rayfer on September 01, 2016, 10:07:31 AM
This RPS article sure brought back some fond and not so fond memories.  https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/08/31/elder-scrolls-daggerfall-retrospective/#more-394163
Title: Re: Daggerfall 20th anniversary
Post by: airboy on September 01, 2016, 10:30:45 AM
Daggerfall was great in some ways.  But the dungeons were all huge, largely impossible to map, and totally random.  Every release since then has had dungeons with static maps.
Title: Re: Daggerfall 20th anniversary
Post by: Rayfer on September 01, 2016, 11:30:41 AM
Quote from: airboy on September 01, 2016, 10:30:45 AM
Daggerfall was great in some ways.  But the dungeons were all huge, largely impossible to map, and totally random.  Every release since then has had dungeons with static maps.

You nailed my 'not so fond' memories.
Title: Re: Daggerfall 20th anniversary
Post by: JasonPratt on September 01, 2016, 02:43:45 PM
...oh thank God, in my head I read that as Morrowind, and I thought I would die of old age.

Daggerfall can be 20.

(... ...... no it can't, not really, but I can acknowledge that, somewhere in the broken, buggy, untraversable recesses of my heart.  :smitten: