YEAH THATS RIGHT. I SAID ID DO IT.
Straya future time!
Overwatch season two starts next week. Vibrating in chair for it. Might not be having much time for it since im moving in with my partner up in a country town. But for now its Rainbiw Six Siege to fill the competitive gap and fighting against my growing addiction to rimworld.
O snap.
OK well I will be finishing Ryse: Son of Rome and then deciding on whether to start a Attila: TW Hun campaign or The Witcher 3.
Pride of Nations-- teaching the Tribal masses to appreciate the joys of colonization and finding someplace that sells coffee at a decent price. 8)
Quote from: Hofstadter on September 01, 2016, 05:59:55 PM
YEAH THATS RIGHT. I SAID ID DO IT.
Straya future time!
Overwatch season two starts nect week. Vibrating in chair for it. Might not be having mych time for it since im moving in with my parter up in a country town. But for now its Rainbiw Six Siege to fill the competitive gap and fighting against my growing addiction to rimworld.
Thanks for the vid. I had to go to iTunes and buy the album.
What can I say, this thread is the best excuse I have to push my hipster taste in black metal.
Heading off to BC for a week's vacation on Sunday morning, so probably not much gaming for me for the next little bit.
Quote from: Ubercat on September 01, 2016, 10:21:27 PM
Quote from: Hofstadter on September 01, 2016, 05:59:55 PM
YEAH THATS RIGHT. I SAID ID DO IT.
Straya future time!
Overwatch season two starts nect week. Vibrating in chair for it. Might not be having mych time for it since im moving in with my parter up in a country town. But for now its Rainbiw Six Siege to fill the competitive gap and fighting against my growing addiction to rimworld.
Thanks for the vid. I had to go to iTunes and buy the album.
So you get a "Thanks - bought album" and I get "YOu can't do a Friday thread anymore"??? pffft :knuppel2:
3 sessions of practice done for Australia. Qualifying and race this weekend (100% race - I may have to dial that down...that's a lot of minutes in the chair!) in the most excellent
F1 2016If Bob can get his PC sorted out, a quick blast of
Band of Brothers board game.
Anytime is left, I think I'll get back to my modelling and my unfinished Revell
Su-27 SM Flanker. I started this at the beginning of the year in a 4 month slot of a group build for another website (ISM) and never made the deadline...stressing myself to the point (to get it finished) where I stopped dead at the end of April...so I need to get it finished.
Build thread is here if you're interested.
http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=15913.0
I'll post any further progression in that thread. Thing is I need to get it done because I won't move onto another model until it's complete.
There may also be some
Elite:Dangerous Horizons again - see if I can get me more money (as I managed to grab more money in my revisit of my last two missions than I did in the MONTHS I had the game on beta and release!!)
I'm going to write up the US Marines battle I've finished and then fight Saipan.
CK II (now with Conclave, Way of Life, and Reapers Due DLC), Majesty (yes, the first one), Curious Expedition (curious about 1.0 which hits today), and finally Skyboats (determined to make it past Lev. 7)
Might follow tgb and update my CKII and start a new reign.
Body work on my wife's car.
Maybe some minis painting following painting vids series Nefo posted.
Some VASSAL work.
Playing MBT table top on Sunday. Trimming the counters in preparation on Saturday.
Looks like the weekend will be a wash thanks to the hurricane; hope any affected are safe and sound.
Need to catch up on my World of Tanks and World of Warships stuff - don't know if I can do all those missions to get the T-44-100 but danged if I ain't going to try (still going to have to buy tokens as I generally just focus on one to two nationalities and one to two lines at one time and I've been nursing a Soviet / Chinese focused thing since forever). Catch is, my skillz in WoT are rrruuusssttyy, so I expect a big dip in my W/L and Damage output stats.
So glad I took the time off of WoT in terms of cooling off the typical toxic behavior symbolic of those games, but the re-learn time in regards to skills/tanks/etc. is always painful.
Not sure about gaming this weekend, but its a 4-day weekend for me.....
Today-Bar, Tomorrow-Watching college football at a bar, Sunday-Probably at bar again, Monday-Bar for my fantasy football draft
I am sensing a theme for myself this weekend:)
Quote from: mirth on September 02, 2016, 07:33:06 AM
Playing MBT table top on Sunday. Trimming the counters in preparation on Saturday.
Diadoachoi mod of Great Battles of Alexander....maybe with a hoplite-esque flavor. possibly ARMA3, Battle of Moscow.
I've decided I've got way too many games I've barely touched.
Started playing Forza Motorsport 4 on the 360 again. Also looking to get into some Deux Ex (the updated but not newest one)
Also been trying to spend time with Dishonored and maybe some 4x
Quote from: Dammit Carl! on September 02, 2016, 07:35:47 AM
Looks like the weekend will be a wash thanks to the hurricane; hope any affected are safe and sound.
Need to catch up on my World of Tanks and World of Warships stuff - don't know if I can do all those missions to get the T-44-100 but danged if I ain't going to try (still going to have to buy tokens as I generally just focus on one to two nationalities and one to two lines at one time and I've been nursing a Soviet / Chinese focused thing since forever). Catch is, my skillz in WoT are rrruuusssttyy, so I expect a big dip in my W/L and Damage output stats.
So glad I took the time off of WoT in terms of cooling off the typical toxic behavior symbolic of those games, but the re-learn time in regards to skills/tanks/etc. is always painful.
Dammit did you say you were Roy Orbison? If so, I tried to ping you the other night. My nick is HTuna
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on September 02, 2016, 07:37:30 AM
Not sure about gaming this weekend, but its a 4-day weekend for me.....
Today-Bar, Tomorrow-Watching college football at a bar, Sunday-Probably at bar again, Monday-Bar for my fantasy football draft
I am sensing a theme for myself this weekend:)
Damn, there goes Tuesday. I already did my fantasy draft, I wasn't much good the next day.
I could say ill play this or continue my campaign in that but I'll probably be in 7 days to die. Although I just received the osprey Atlas of the eastern front 41-45 ( 60% off) so DCB could be an option.
Quote from: Dammit Carl! on September 02, 2016, 07:35:47 AM
Looks like the weekend will be a wash thanks to the hurricane; hope any affected are safe and sound.
Need to catch up on my World of Tanks and World of Warships stuff - don't know if I can do all those missions to get the T-44-100 but danged if I ain't going to try (still going to have to buy tokens as I generally just focus on one to two nationalities and one to two lines at one time and I've been nursing a Soviet / Chinese focused thing since forever). Catch is, my skillz in WoT are rrruuusssttyy, so I expect a big dip in my W/L and Damage output stats.
So glad I took the time off of WoT in terms of cooling off the typical toxic behavior symbolic of those games, but the re-learn time in regards to skills/tanks/etc. is always painful.
I live in Jacksonville so we're on the outskirts of it. Nothing really to talk about other than it's blustery and some rain. Hope you're doing ok!
Quote from: Tuna on September 02, 2016, 08:56:38 AM
Dammit did you say you were Roy Orbison? If so, I tried to ping you the other night. My nick is HTuna
Yup - Also go by "Dammit_Carl," in WoT as well as "Roy_Orbison," too (long story). In WoWs, I'm just flat out "Roy_Orbison." I've got all you guys' (points at screen) names in my "friends," list as far as I know. Need names for WoT now that I think about it.
Sorry if I missed your call as I'm spotty as shit when it comes to actually sitting down and playing for anything more than one or two rounds in either WoT or WoWs and just flipping back and forth between my accounts in general. Very ADHD in a way. I need some Adderall. Ooo, look over there....
WYBaugh: I'm in Western NC, so I should be good but thanks for the well wishes.
Her-Mean passed way north of me but she's dumped about 5 inches of rain on me. So, I guess I'll just have to stay inside and...... play games? :'(
Quote from: Sir Slash on September 01, 2016, 10:17:41 PM
Pride of Nations-- teaching the Tribal masses to appreciate the joys of colonization and finding someplace that sells coffee at a decent price. 8)
Pride of Nations, excellent choice. There's supposed to be a final patch for it due out any time now according to the AGEOD forum.
I like it BB but it sure does have a lot of moving parts to it. I don't think I will live long enough to play Russia with all of it's 5000 regions-- seems like. But it is addictive.
I forgot to mention Twilight Struggle. I think the tournament over at Quarter2three starts this weekend.
New MoO will probably be my focus but I've just bought Titan Quest AE so I think that may distract me quite a bit.
I think i will play mostly the following games:
- Field of Glory with Boggit (hope it works)
- Master of Orion CtS...a long campaign with the Burlathis on hard.
- Oriental Empires
and some
- Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds....i've just started the campaign as the Count Dooku.....muahahah
I think i'll also play some Crusaders Kings II....just bought for 50 $ of DLCs on steam....can't imagine how someone can buy all these at full price...it's just crazy. :uglystupid2:
Four day weekend for me. Was originally planning on getting out for some late summer hiking or shooting, but its already looking like fall here in the PNW aka its raining. Probably just going to make it four days on non-stop gaming.
Elite: Made a couple of really cool discoveries this week. If my data is correct I got my first first discovery of an unexplored system, which means a +50% credit bonus when I go to sell the data. No habitable planets but the system was full of high metal worlds, and a few gas giants with water based life. Given how heavily explored and traveled the area I'm in, I was really shocked to see no one had discovered it yet. A couple of hours later I found my first earth-like outside of the human bubble. Didn't get first discovery on that one but it should still yield a good amount of credits when I get back.
I'm really thinking of buying a second copy of Elite and Horizons. As much fun as I find exploring it does get tedious and boring after awhile and I'd like to be able to break it up with a little bit of combat or trading. This will also allow me to keep my first commander out exploring without needing to rush home to participate in community events.
World of Warcraft: New expansion released on Tuesday. Been taking up most of my time this week. Questing is still the same old go here and collect X or kill X number of enemies. But I'm still really enjoying it. Almost all the major quests have some sort of voice overs. For the time being its replaced Diablo 3 as my mindless time sync game.
Crusader Kings 2: Started a new Let's Play series of this on my livestream this morning. Playing as the Habsburgs again. Unfortunately, early going as a count can be pretty boring to watch. Think I'm going to play through the first 20-50 years offline, then start recording videos for YouTube.
I'm sure they'll be some CMANO beta testing and scenario design sometime this weekend too.