GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: Cyrano on September 05, 2016, 12:04:11 PM

Title: Warlock of Firetop Mountain
Post by: Cyrano on September 05, 2016, 12:04:11 PM
http://fightingfantasyapps.com/

Oh, my goodness.

I'm nine again.

I have no earthly idea what the longevity will be -- it's roots as a "Choose Your Own Adventure" are vaunted not concealed -- but this is how I played RPGs a long time ago.

Delightful so far:

1.  The writing (not a surprise, I suppose).

2.  The art.  I was surprised at how much my mental image of places like the Caves of Chaos was shaped by old school drawing like this.

3.  The combat system.  Closest parallel to me is the way Melee/Wizard/TFT turned a single 20-hex map into so many different rooms.  The pre-plot, simultaneous system will either be special or maddening over time.  Right now it's a bit of both.

Who wants to go back to the Keep on the Borderlands?  I hear there are kobolds there.

Title: Re: Warlock of Firetop Mountain
Post by: Pinetree on September 05, 2016, 04:05:08 PM
If they do City of Thieves, I'll have a nerdgasm..
Title: Re: Warlock of Firetop Mountain
Post by: bob48 on September 05, 2016, 04:08:15 PM
I quite liked the look of that game, but as with most of their stuff, its bloody expensive. I think there was an expansion or two as well?