GrogHeads Forum

IRL (In Real Life) => Tech Talk => Topic started by: Greybriar on September 19, 2016, 06:00:53 PM

Title: Standalone Flatbed Scanner?
Post by: Greybriar on September 19, 2016, 06:00:53 PM
I visit people while doing genealogy research and it invariably fails they have some old family photos, newspaper articles, etc., and no copier. So I am looking for some way to scan items (photographs and documents) using something that will save the scans of the images and documents to a USB drive without using a computer. I would prefer something along the lines of a flatbed scanner. Does such a device exist?
Title: Re: Standalone Flatbed Scanner?
Post by: OJsDad on September 19, 2016, 06:12:13 PM
Try this or search for portable scanners

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&sku=1014002&gclid=CjwKEAjwmf6-BRDi9fSN7Ijt1wUSJAASawcjxQ8xloT2kCl3aBcipeJ4AjzF9Urq-nOiTqEvM2Rh3RoCeOrw_wcB&is=REG&ap=y&m=Y&c3api=1876%2C92051677682%2C&Q=&A=details
Title: Re: Standalone Flatbed Scanner?
Post by: Greybriar on September 20, 2016, 09:34:32 AM
That's a pretty nifty little scanner. It isn't exactly what I want but it certainly is portable.

Thanks for the link! O0
Title: Re: Standalone Flatbed Scanner?
Post by: steve58 on September 20, 2016, 03:38:51 PM
...here's another:  Flip-Pal mobile scanner (http://flip-pal.com/videos/introducing-flip-pal/).  Also, if you have a smart phone, there may be apps for it that might work for you.
Title: Re: Standalone Flatbed Scanner?
Post by: Greybriar on September 20, 2016, 06:32:27 PM
Thanks, Steve. O0