GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: Rayfer on September 20, 2016, 01:11:09 PM

Title: Fallout 4
Post by: Rayfer on September 20, 2016, 01:11:09 PM
Couldn't find the old thread on this game. Just got it and had issues with the resolution. Found fixes for all of them on the Steam forums except one.  The 'pick locks' feature doesn't work because the screen showing the bobby pin and screwdriver never appears.  It is a resolution issues but I've solved the other resolution issues but this one just won't work.  Anyone else have/had this issue and any suggestion solutions would be appreciated.  Thanks.
Title: Re: Fallout 4
Post by: JudgeDredd on September 20, 2016, 01:40:31 PM
Sorry - never had any issues that you speak of  :-\

I should mention - I'm always torn replying to threads like this when I have no help...on the one hand, I don't want you to think your post is being ignored and on the other, I don't want to get your hopes up when a reply shows.

So...sorry if I got your hopes up  :-\
Title: Re: Fallout 4
Post by: Rayfer on September 20, 2016, 02:14:47 PM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on September 20, 2016, 01:40:31 PM
Sorry - never had any issues that you speak of  :-\

I should mention - I'm always torn replying to threads like this when I have no help...on the one hand, I don't want you to think your post is being ignored and on the other, I don't want to get your hopes up when a reply shows.

So...sorry if I got your hopes up  :-\

LOL....no problem JD. I was holding out hope someone might have had this problem and found a fix. If not...oh well, life goes one.
Title: Re: Fallout 4
Post by: Freyland on September 20, 2016, 03:36:10 PM
Having read JD's post, I too would like to experience the exhilarating trepidation of knowing I contributed by posting, if only to crushing the hopes and dreams of the OP's simple desire to play a game like he paid to do.
Title: Re: Fallout 4
Post by: Rayfer on September 20, 2016, 04:08:34 PM
Quote from: Freyland on September 20, 2016, 03:36:10 PM
Having read JD's post, I too would like to experience the exhilarating trepidation of knowing I contributed by posting, if only to crushing the hopes and dreams of the OP's simple desire to play a game like he paid to do.

Time to crawl under a rock and cry.
Title: Re: Fallout 4
Post by: JudgeDredd on September 20, 2016, 04:09:48 PM
Quote from: Freyland on September 20, 2016, 03:36:10 PM
Having read JD's post, I too would like to experience the exhilarating trepidation of knowing I contributed by posting, if only to crushing the hopes and dreams of the OP's simple desire to play a game like he paid to do.
:'(
Title: Re: Fallout 4
Post by: Freyland on September 20, 2016, 07:28:02 PM
I'm mad at you, JD!  This hollow feeling isn't exhilarating at all! Now I need therapy.  :-[
Title: Re: Fallout 4
Post by: FarAway Sooner on September 21, 2016, 01:44:40 PM
Think about how Rayfer must feel, having his hopes repeatedly dashed.

You guys are fix-teases!
Title: Re: Fallout 4
Post by: ghostryder on September 21, 2016, 02:51:18 PM
This mod on nexus reportly fixes the issue for many:   http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/143/?

If that doesn't work some have reported setting aspect ratio from 16:10 to 16:9---the game won't open fullscreen and the compass is still hidden but it has worked for some for lockpick issue.

Another reported fix is somewhat involved http://winaero.com/blog/fix-fallout-4-locks-are-not-visible/

There's a few others but it boils down to playing with resolutions or killing "zoom' feature in drivers (nvida control panel) and such.
Title: Re: Fallout 4
Post by: panzerde on September 21, 2016, 05:37:48 PM
In the interest of hiding the single useful reply (by Ghost) in this thread, I too feel compelled to post, even though I don't have the game and have never played it. Sorry Rayfer, but I couldn't pass up the opportunity to make no contribution.



Title: Re: Fallout 4
Post by: Rayfer on September 21, 2016, 06:27:14 PM
Quote from: panzerde on September 21, 2016, 05:37:48 PM
In the interest of hiding the single useful reply (by Ghost) in this thread, I too feel compelled to post, even though I don't have the game and have never played it. Sorry Rayfer, but I couldn't pass up the opportunity to make no contribution.

And your non-contribution is greatly appreciated.
Title: Re: Fallout 4
Post by: Rayfer on September 21, 2016, 06:28:08 PM
Quote from: ghostryder on September 21, 2016, 02:51:18 PM
This mod on nexus reportly fixes the issue for many:   http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/143/?

If that doesn't work some have reported setting aspect ratio from 16:10 to 16:9---the game won't open fullscreen and the compass is still hidden but it has worked for some for lockpick issue.

Another reported fix is somewhat involved http://winaero.com/blog/fix-fallout-4-locks-are-not-visible/

There's a few others but it boils down to playing with resolutions or killing "zoom' feature in drivers (nvida control panel) and such.

I did the second already and it fixed everything except the lock pick issue.  I'll give the first a try tomorrow when I have more time.  Thanks for the links.
Title: Re: Fallout 4
Post by: Freyland on September 21, 2016, 06:49:11 PM
I, too, should have provided links in my generously unhelpful post.  Here ya go.


(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Featwithtom.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2014%2F10%2F05-740-post%2FChorizo-Pork-Sausage-Recipe-Homemade-Meat-Grinder_0224-705x479.jpg&hash=8b86a5fcad3fab6d598d29ace2b39e576b899a43)
Title: Re: Fallout 4
Post by: Staggerwing on September 21, 2016, 07:06:38 PM
^Reminds me of the day I was called to the scene of a man v saws-all related abdominal injury...
Title: Re: Fallout 4
Post by: Freyland on September 21, 2016, 07:09:45 PM
Dammit Staggerwing, try to stay on-topic with your unhelpful posts!
Title: Re: Fallout 4
Post by: Staggerwing on September 21, 2016, 07:12:03 PM
You're right of course... time to fire up the grill.
Title: Re: Fallout 4
Post by: Gusington on September 21, 2016, 08:18:43 PM
NO CRYING IN GAMING
Title: Re: Fallout 4
Post by: JudgeDredd on September 22, 2016, 12:36:10 AM
Well...dammit guys. If my guilt at posting a non helpful post in a "request for help" thread was big when I done it, then think how I must feel now.

What's the point? I mean, what's the point of anything anymore?  :)

And you lot - everytime you get me to post here I am well aware of poor Rayfer and the roller coaster ride he must be on at the moment..."Someone's posted"..."nope - just a twatty post"....ohh...maybe this time"...."nope - another twatty post"

:'(
Title: Re: Fallout 4
Post by: Freyland on September 22, 2016, 02:00:35 AM
But.. but...I gave links!
Title: Re: Fallout 4
Post by: Rayfer on September 22, 2016, 05:31:19 PM
Quote from: ghostryder on September 21, 2016, 02:51:18 PM
This mod on nexus reportly fixes the issue for many:   http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/143/?

If that doesn't work some have reported setting aspect ratio from 16:10 to 16:9---the game won't open fullscreen and the compass is still hidden but it has worked for some for lockpick issue.

Another reported fix is somewhat involved http://winaero.com/blog/fix-fallout-4-locks-are-not-visible/

There's a few others but it boils down to playing with resolutions or killing "zoom' feature in drivers (nvida control panel) and such.

GR.....you did it and you have my sincere thanks. The nexusmod was just the fix I was looking for.  All other issues remained fixed and now the lock pick feature works too!
Title: Re: Fallout 4
Post by: panzerde on September 22, 2016, 05:37:09 PM
Here are some more handy links!


(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Futterlycontent.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2016%2F01%2Flinks.jpg&hash=2147e15fd0058290b893dd908c67dee6a048ec9d)
Title: Re: Fallout 4
Post by: Staggerwing on September 22, 2016, 07:10:18 PM
And even one more:


(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fmedia.gettyimages.com%2Fphotos%2Fclarence-williams-iii-as-linc-hayes-in-the-mod-squad-episode-shell-picture-id143596150&hash=87e268da857d526d978abb53a534892bc8d36c2d)
Title: Re: Fallout 4
Post by: Rayfer on September 22, 2016, 08:59:18 PM
Staggerwing....admittedly it took me a moment to get it, but once I did I had to laugh. Well played! Ps. I'm old enough to remember the show when it was new in 1971.  Extra credit....what was his last name on the show?
Title: Re: Fallout 4
Post by: Staggerwing on September 22, 2016, 09:02:39 PM
Lincoln "Linc" Hayes...  :))
Title: Re: Fallout 4
Post by: ghostryder on September 23, 2016, 02:17:50 PM
lol. Glad one of the fixes worked.
Title: Re: Fallout 4 / Fallout: London
Post by: steve58 on July 26, 2024, 07:45:45 AM
fyi:  GOG (https://www.gog.com/game/fallout_london?cjdata=MXxOfDB8WXww&utm_campaign=cj&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_source=cj&r=true) has Fallout: London mod for Free until Aug 1.

This Mod requires you to own Fallout 4: Game of the Year Edition on PC.  Fallout: London is a free total conversion mod for Fallout 4.  You will not be able to play the original Fallout 4 unless/until you remove this mod.

https://www.pcgamer.com/games/fallout/fallout-london-how-to-install/
Title: Re: Fallout 4
Post by: Gusington on July 26, 2024, 09:31:12 AM
My bad for putting this in the console forum yesterday, I am a heretic.

https://www.grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=27431.0
Title: Re: Fallout 4
Post by: Sigwolf on July 27, 2024, 09:17:12 PM
I am very confused about the limited time, "free", thing.  It's a mod.  I have seen no indication that it will be a for-pay mod, other than the implication from the end date given.

Make no mistake, I made sure I added it to my account to make sure, but I have seen nothing to say that the intent is to start charging for the mod after that date.  Just a very strange way to go about things...