GrogHeads Forum

IRL (In Real Life) => General Discussion => Topic started by: JudgeDredd on September 25, 2016, 02:52:36 AM

Title: Steam being sued by........................
Post by: JudgeDredd on September 25, 2016, 02:52:36 AM
.....................British Telecom (BT)

Title: Re: Steam being sued by........................
Post by: Pete Dero on September 25, 2016, 04:55:03 AM
(https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ6bqgv6hpLlaOvYrgPHvBHqW9UkjTUpbfxslare9hyYt9sX1-K)

Title: Re: Steam being sued by........................
Post by: W8taminute on September 25, 2016, 07:01:35 AM
First things first.  I didn't know who Ashley Jenkins was until I saw this video.  Initially she seemed smoking hot to me but as she droned on the voice quickly made me go limp.  Don't know why but that's mho.

Now on to the real topic.  I need to do some research but my initial knee jerk reaction is 'oh great, another lame lawsuit seeking to get easy money at the expense of millions of consumers'. 

So how long has Steam been around and why did it take BT this long to finally decide that what Steam does must be stopped because of patent rights?
Title: Re: Steam being sued by........................
Post by: Staggerwing on September 25, 2016, 08:11:07 AM
Quote from: W8taminute on September 25, 2016, 07:01:35 AM

So how long has Steam been around and why did it take BT this long to finally decide that what Steam does must be stopped because of patent rights?

BT, like many big tech companies, most likely has a Patent Troll department. That department is probably constantly busy brainstorming ideas for the next big shakedown and one of the trolls on staff just happened to think this up now.
Title: Re: Steam being sued by........................
Post by: JudgeDredd on September 25, 2016, 09:04:55 AM
No idea on your questions W8...just saw it on YT, watched the vid and posted the link. I don't know the rights and wrongs of it. It's most likely just " a go" - probably nothing in it
Title: Re: Steam being sued by........................
Post by: Tpek on September 25, 2016, 11:22:35 AM
Who on Earth allowed these "Patents" to be registered?
I want to know it, ASAP.
So I can't register my brand new original patent "Something that does stuff or in some direct or indirect way relates to something else".  >:D