GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: JudgeDredd on September 30, 2016, 02:19:45 AM

Title: FRIDAY Child
Post by: JudgeDredd on September 30, 2016, 02:19:45 AM

No whining about the music - deal with it  >:(

The very good F1 2016 will see my career continuing in Catalunya, Spain. Unfortunately, I put the AI up from Expert to Legend and it's kicking my arse. Whilst I don't mind not winning, there's just such a stark difference in Expert and Legend that I can't let it stay. So I have to complete this race in Legend and am not expecting anything from the race as I'm 6 seconds off the pace of the penultimate car!

DCS - I mention this every week and every week I don't fire it up - I'm determined to do so this weekend. Which module, I don't know.

I'll continue my practice firefight on the boardgame Band of Brothers:Ghost Panzers.

I'm kind of killing time until Mafia III hits my hard disk. I really wanted to revisit the first one and the second one before going onto III - but I simply do not have the time.

Enjoy your weekend - whether it involves gaming or not  :smitten:
Title: Re: FRIDAY Child
Post by: Ian C on September 30, 2016, 03:11:36 AM
Well, after the GOG sale of the fixed Saboteur, I'll be playing through on 'Feckin' Hard Mode' (realistic mode), playing HOI 4, strumming my guitar, writing a few tunes and spending time with my lady. Can't get better than that.
Title: Re: FRIDAY Child
Post by: jomni on September 30, 2016, 03:44:04 AM
I'll be playing and writing an AAR for Mandate of Heaven.
Play a bit of Oriental Empires
F1 2016 is really tempting but I'm no racer.
Will be cooking up some sous vide pork.
Title: Re: FRIDAY Child
Post by: mirth on September 30, 2016, 04:34:14 AM
Saga tonight - http://studio-tomahawk.com/gb_saga.php (http://studio-tomahawk.com/gb_saga.php)

Witcher 3 this weekend.
Title: Re: FRIDAY Child
Post by: undercovergeek on September 30, 2016, 04:42:37 AM
Air land battle, steel beasts and some endless legend

I'll be making pain au chocolate with undercover junior

And researching the rise and rise of board gaming and the popularity of a place in Oxford called thirsty meeples, a board gaming cafe which is always full - I have a cafe/restaurant and an interest in board games but I recognise location is very important - Oxford has a massive student population, my current location does not
Title: Re: FRIDAY Child
Post by: Pinetree on September 30, 2016, 04:52:09 AM
Great tune JD. Great band too.

I'll be playing some Children of a Dead Earth, this one has really grabbed me. Hoping to get in a playtest of Maori Wars as well but it might be a solo one.
Title: Re: FRIDAY Child
Post by: tgb on September 30, 2016, 05:39:34 AM
Watching footage of VI has inspired me to reinstall Civ V.  Also continuing on with Oriental Empires and probably finishing the game I'm currently playing of Twilight Struggle
Title: Re: FRIDAY Child
Post by: Boggit on September 30, 2016, 05:39:43 AM
Quote from: Pinetree on September 30, 2016, 04:52:09 AM
Great tune JD. Great band too.

I'll be playing some Children of a Dead Earth, this one has really grabbed me. Hoping to get in a playtest of Maori Wars as well but it might be a solo one.
Maori Wars sounds really interesting. O0 What's it all about? (Yes, I worked out it has Maori's in it, and presumably Kiwi settlers an' all)...  ^-^ ;)
Title: Re: FRIDAY Child
Post by: Boggit on September 30, 2016, 05:53:06 AM
I'll be doing more Field of Glory MP - and if Anguille picks up the Spartan challenge I set up for him, even more.

Other MP will most likely be Round 2 of the Gumbinnen to Tannenburg scenario for East Prussia '14 with me and Cyrano respectively playing for God and Holy Mother Russia as Rennenkampf (Russian 1st Army - Boggit), Samsonov (Russian 2nd Army - Cyrano), versus Panzerde as Hindenburg/Ludendorff playing the German 8th Army.

It's round 2 because the 'Beastly Hun' tricked us in round 1.  >:D ;)
http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=17933.msg470405;topicseen#new

Single player, I'll probably continue my Zhou campaign in Oriental Empires, and some Combat Mission.
Title: Re: FRIDAY Child
Post by: Pinetree on September 30, 2016, 05:58:23 AM
Quote from: Boggit on September 30, 2016, 05:39:43 AM
Quote from: Pinetree on September 30, 2016, 04:52:09 AM
Great tune JD. Great band too.

I'll be playing some Children of a Dead Earth, this one has really grabbed me. Hoping to get in a playtest of Maori Wars as well but it might be a solo one.
Maori Wars sounds really interesting. O0 What's it all about? (Yes, I worked out it has Maori's in it, and presumably Kiwi settlers an' all)...  ^-^ ;)
It's a hex and counter wargame of the NZ Wars of the 19th Century from Legion Wargames. 3 month turns, each unit counter is about the equivalent of a company. It's got some great mechanics in it, Bush raiders who can ambush the unwary, tribal negotiations, Pa warfare, gunboats/canoes and randomly drawn battle dispatch chits that add some more chaos. Lots of scenarios. It still has some little kinks that will get ironed out but I had a game over Vassal a couple of weeks ago and it was a blast. The map and counters look amazing too.
Title: Re: FRIDAY Child
Post by: Dammit Carl! on September 30, 2016, 06:37:16 AM
Still going strong in my World of Tanks slog; finally elited my Easy 8 and am working on funds for the T20, slowly grinding toward the Panther, and will next get an AMX 13 75 back so I can keep on going up that line as well.  I've too many irons in the fire, I think, but danged if I can stand to just work my way up one tank line alone.  Besides, I work better in Mediums and Lights, so its all fun time anyway.

I've completely neglected my boats this go-around, but the way my attention span goes, it shouldn't be long before I'm plugging away at them too.
Title: Re: FRIDAY Child
Post by: Barthheart on September 30, 2016, 07:12:22 AM
Quote from: tgb on September 30, 2016, 05:39:34 AM
Watching footage of VI has inspired me to reinstall Civ V.  Also continuing on with Oriental Empires and probably finishing the game I'm currently playing of Twilight Struggle

If you have all the expansions and DLC for CiV then I suggest you also download the Vox Populi mod. It is truly a great mod and "fix" for the game. Adds a lot of interesting stuff to the game... some of which looks a lot like game functions that will appear in Civ VI... Civfanatic rumbling suggest that Civ VI devs "borrowed" some of Vox ideas for the new game....

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=528034

Have fun.  :)
Title: Re: FRIDAY Child
Post by: Barthheart on September 30, 2016, 07:15:00 AM
Not sure this weekend...

Fall garden clean up for sure tomorrow.

Some VASSAL work.

Some OST on the table.

Maybe try and get back into some hardcore wargaming with World War II Europe.

Need to continue painting my Mercs Recon figures.... so many figures....  :P

Title: Re: FRIDAY Child
Post by: Rayfer on September 30, 2016, 07:51:43 AM
Fallout 4 has wrenched me off of HoI4 and WitP:AE, at for awhile now it has and will do so this weekend. 
Ps. JD....never heard that song before, I enjoyed it, thanks.
Title: Re: FRIDAY Child
Post by: JudgeDredd on September 30, 2016, 08:31:13 AM
Quote from: Rayfer on September 30, 2016, 07:51:43 AM
Fallout 4 has wrenched me off of HoI4 and WitP:AE, at for awhile now it has and will do so this weekend. 
Ps. JD....never heard that song before, I enjoyed it, thanks.
O0
Title: Re: FRIDAY Child
Post by: Raied on September 30, 2016, 08:44:15 AM
Still in hangover, yesterday was the Oktoberfest..
Anyway, for remedy I will continue my PBEM ++ with those games:
Sengoku Jidai
GG War in the East (grand campaign)
Flashpoint Campaign Red Storm
Decisive Campaign: Barbarossa

Maybe I will start another battle with Pike & Shot
Title: Re: FRIDAY Child
Post by: JudgeDredd on September 30, 2016, 08:49:05 AM
Quote from: Raied on September 30, 2016, 08:44:15 AM
Still in hangover, yesterday was the Oktoberfest..
Anyway, for remedy I will continue my PBEM ++ with those games:
Sengoku Jidai
GG War in the East (grand campaign)
Flashpoint Campaign Red Storm
Decisive Campaign: Barbarossa

Maybe I will start another battle with Pike & Shot
Oktoberfest? Two days early, no?  ;D
Title: Re: FRIDAY Child
Post by: MengJiao on September 30, 2016, 09:46:35 AM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on September 30, 2016, 02:19:45 AM


DCS - I mention this every week and every week I don't fire it up - I'm determined to do so this weekend. Which module, I don't know.


   Yeah!!!  I can mention DCS and not fire it up too!!!  And then there is what I'm likely to be doing:  Churubosco!  (a small offshoot from Gringos!). 
   Plus MEcampaigns!  (no exclamations in the original!)....er....and some Battle of Moscow with some P-40Es painted in P-40 styles from a few months earlier...
   And some Heroes and Generals.  I snuck up on a dude (in fact his name was _something_dude_something) in a little tankette and shot him with the little Russian light MG
at a range of about 5 meters despite the fact he was hiding behind a tree (from the point of view of his targets bu not me) banging away with his trusty M1.
   I guess that was exciting.  At least it was unusual in some ways.
Title: Re: FRIDAY Child
Post by: Raied on September 30, 2016, 09:48:05 AM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on September 30, 2016, 08:49:05 AM
Quote from: Raied on September 30, 2016, 08:44:15 AM
Still in hangover, yesterday was the Oktoberfest..
Anyway, for remedy I will continue my PBEM ++ with those games:
Sengoku Jidai
GG War in the East (grand campaign)
Flashpoint Campaign Red Storm
Decisive Campaign: Barbarossa

Maybe I will start another battle with Pike & Shot
Oktoberfest? Two days early, no?  ;D
;D why not, and still will celebrate it in actual oktober, it is just a beer & pretzel as the end  :D
Title: Re: FRIDAY Child
Post by: mikeck on September 30, 2016, 11:01:03 AM
Probably some Naval action. Try to get my experience and crafting experience up before the final wipe

Definitely some Children of a Dead Earth and some Wars of Napleon.
Title: Re: FRIDAY Child
Post by: Tuna on September 30, 2016, 11:17:20 AM
Probably a lot of World of Warships.. Maybe a little Divinity and Wasteland 2 as well.
Title: Re: FRIDAY Child
Post by: Skwerl on September 30, 2016, 11:39:35 AM
Children of a Dead Earth (I'm absolutely blown away by this game so far!)
Polaris Sector
Diablo III
possibly Wargame: Red Dragon
Title: Re: FRIDAY Child
Post by: Fetrik on September 30, 2016, 11:49:30 AM
I work the whole weekend.  But I recently started playing MWO again together with a rl friend and his English buddy. We've played the last few nights together in the group que and had loads of fun. So I expect that will continue after work today.
Title: Re: FRIDAY Child
Post by: sandman2575 on September 30, 2016, 11:50:19 AM
Quote from: Rayfer on September 30, 2016, 07:51:43 AM
Fallout 4 has wrenched me off of HoI4 and WitP:AE, at for awhile now it has and will do so this weekend. 


Just an impression of course, but it feels to me like Fallout 4 didn't arouse all that much interest among us grogheads - ?

Did anyone here really love Fallout 4?  Weirdly, I kind of did. At 270+ hours logged, it's my most-played game in my Steam library. Really not sure how that happened!
Title: Re: FRIDAY Child
Post by: Boggit on September 30, 2016, 12:05:47 PM
Quote from: Pinetree on September 30, 2016, 05:58:23 AM
Quote from: Boggit on September 30, 2016, 05:39:43 AM
Quote from: Pinetree on September 30, 2016, 04:52:09 AM
Great tune JD. Great band too.

I'll be playing some Children of a Dead Earth, this one has really grabbed me. Hoping to get in a playtest of Maori Wars as well but it might be a solo one.
Maori Wars sounds really interesting. O0 What's it all about? (Yes, I worked out it has Maori's in it, and presumably Kiwi settlers an' all)...  ^-^ ;)
It's a hex and counter wargame of the NZ Wars of the 19th Century from Legion Wargames. 3 month turns, each unit counter is about the equivalent of a company. It's got some great mechanics in it, Bush raiders who can ambush the unwary, tribal negotiations, Pa warfare, gunboats/canoes and randomly drawn battle dispatch chits that add some more chaos. Lots of scenarios. It still has some little kinks that will get ironed out but I had a game over Vassal a couple of weeks ago and it was a blast. The map and counters look amazing too.
It sounds a really fun game. Sadly I'm clueless about Vassal.
Title: Re: FRIDAY Child
Post by: Wolfe1759 on September 30, 2016, 12:21:51 PM
Cracking tune JD.

Probably some Warlock 2 with the Renaissance Mod, a bit more Titan Quest and maybe a bit of Cthulhu Saves The World.
Title: Re: FRIDAY Child
Post by: Rayfer on September 30, 2016, 12:35:20 PM
Quote from: sandman2575 on September 30, 2016, 11:50:19 AM
Quote from: Rayfer on September 30, 2016, 07:51:43 AM
Fallout 4 has wrenched me off of HoI4 and WitP:AE, at for awhile now it has and will do so this weekend. 


Just an impression of course, but it feels to me like Fallout 4 didn't arouse all that much interest among us grogheads - ?

Did anyone here really love Fallout 4?  Weirdly, I kind of did. At 270+ hours logged, it's my most-played game in my Steam library. Really not sure how that happened!

I have 26 hours into my first play through. I very much enjoyed FO3 and New Vegas, and I'm enjoying this one just as much.  Even at 26 hours I'm not anywhere near the end, much of the map remains unexplored.  I am doing many of the side quests and not just the main story line.
Title: Re: FRIDAY Child
Post by: WallysWorld on September 30, 2016, 12:38:27 PM
Started a career in Rise of Flight and joined the RFC's 11th Squadron.
Farming using the excellent SoilMod for Farming Simulator 2015.
Continuing my career in Nascar '15. Talladega is up next.
Also just bought Wings Over Flanders Fields so I will be fooling around with that and comparing it to Rise of Flight.
Title: Re: FRIDAY Child
Post by: Silent Disapproval Robot on September 30, 2016, 12:45:03 PM
House hunting.  Pissing about in Witcher 3, dying a lot in War Thunder.  They put out a massive update yesterday with new maps and, most importantly, the Halifax bomber so I'll be grinding that.

Mansions of Madness at the nerd store on Sunday.  Guadalcanal tomorrow if I get the condo viewing out if the way early enough.

Barth, War Plan Orange!!!!
Title: Re: FRIDAY Child
Post by: Barthheart on September 30, 2016, 12:50:17 PM
Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on September 30, 2016, 12:45:03 PM
...
Barth, War Plan Orange!!!!

I guess it is fall eh?

Well, I still have no idea how to play so it will be a total learning experience.... what the hell. Shall we entertain the folks here with our skillless play?

Title: Re: FRIDAY Child
Post by: OJsDad on September 30, 2016, 12:52:18 PM
CK II, Stellaris, and maybe some 7daystodie.
Title: Re: FRIDAY Child
Post by: OJsDad on September 30, 2016, 12:54:24 PM
I'd like to get back into Flashpoint Red Storm, if anyone is up to PBEM.
Title: Re: FRIDAY Child
Post by: Barthheart on September 30, 2016, 01:01:40 PM
Quote from: OJsDad on September 30, 2016, 12:54:24 PM
I'd like to get back into Flashpoint Red Storm, if anyone is up to PBEM.

Oooooooo..... that's tempting.....  :)
Title: Re: FRIDAY Child
Post by: Silent Disapproval Robot on September 30, 2016, 01:15:52 PM
Quote from: Barthheart on September 30, 2016, 12:50:17 PM
Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on September 30, 2016, 12:45:03 PM
...
Barth, War Plan Orange!!!!

I guess it is fall eh?

Well, I still have no idea how to play so it will be a total learning experience.... what the hell. Shall we entertain the folks here with our skillless play?

Naturally.  Any preference for sides?
Title: Re: FRIDAY Child
Post by: sandman2575 on September 30, 2016, 01:17:49 PM
Quote from: WallysWorld on September 30, 2016, 12:38:27 PM
Also just bought Wings Over Flanders Fields so I will be fooling around with that and comparing it to Rise of Flight.

I've never been able to decide which of these 2 I prefer.  I play one, and become aware of all the things it's missing that the other provides. Then play the other, same thing happens......

From pure flight-sim flight characteristics perspective, ROF wins easily. Yet so much character in WOFF that ROF lacks.... An unsolvable conundrum.

(I have the same experience bouncing back and forth between Combat Mission and Graviteam Tactics...)
Title: Re: FRIDAY Child
Post by: JudgeDredd on September 30, 2016, 01:30:39 PM
Quote from: Rayfer on September 30, 2016, 12:35:20 PM
Quote from: sandman2575 on September 30, 2016, 11:50:19 AM
Quote from: Rayfer on September 30, 2016, 07:51:43 AM
Fallout 4 has wrenched me off of HoI4 and WitP:AE, at for awhile now it has and will do so this weekend. 


Just an impression of course, but it feels to me like Fallout 4 didn't arouse all that much interest among us grogheads - ?

Did anyone here really love Fallout 4?  Weirdly, I kind of did. At 270+ hours logged, it's my most-played game in my Steam library. Really not sure how that happened!

I have 26 hours into my first play through. I very much enjoyed FO3 and New Vegas, and I'm enjoying this one just as much.  Even at 26 hours I'm not anywhere near the end, much of the map remains unexplored.  I am doing many of the side quests and not just the main story line.
Same - LOVE IT. Unfortunately, I have other games and just not enough time. As with Witcher III, it's still on the drive waiting for me to get bored of other games and come back
Title: Re: FRIDAY Child
Post by: Barthheart on September 30, 2016, 01:38:17 PM
Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on September 30, 2016, 01:15:52 PM
Quote from: Barthheart on September 30, 2016, 12:50:17 PM
Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on September 30, 2016, 12:45:03 PM
...
Barth, War Plan Orange!!!!

I guess it is fall eh?

Well, I still have no idea how to play so it will be a total learning experience.... what the hell. Shall we entertain the folks here with our skillless play?

Naturally.  Any preference for sides?

Nope. Go ahead a roll a die.
Title: Re: FRIDAY Child
Post by: sandman2575 on September 30, 2016, 01:38:22 PM
Quote from: Rayfer on September 30, 2016, 12:35:20 PM
I have 26 hours into my first play through. I very much enjoyed FO3 and New Vegas, and I'm enjoying this one just as much.  Even at 26 hours I'm not anywhere near the end, much of the map remains unexplored.  I am doing many of the side quests and not just the main story line.

Yeah that's a great way to do it, actually -- many of the sidequests are more interesting and satisfying than the main plot-line.

I find it strange that I've dumped so much time into FO4 despite the fact that I generally agree with many of the criticisms that get leveled at it: that it's not true to the Fallout spirit, that it's not an RPG at all, it's a shooter, that the main plot is rubbish, etc. etc. A lot of validity to those claims.

Yet, the thing that keeps me playing is the world. The Commonwealth is just a very fun, very cool place to putter around in. (The fact that I live in said Commonwealth doesn't color my view at all, I assure you  :))

Glad to hear others like FO4 though. For me, it's just one of those rare games that are still loads of fun to play despite all its shortcomings and missed opportunities.
Title: Re: FRIDAY Child
Post by: Nefaro on September 30, 2016, 02:37:43 PM
Just finished a few hours of installing a water heater, for the first time.  Not easy to do with four herniated disks and failed screws + plates through ye olde spine and hips.  But, by Sweet Santa, I got it done.  Will worry about the aftermath tomorrow.  O0


If I do any gaming, it will probably be more Fractured Space.  It's kinda grown on me, after doing a few PvP matches.   No Tiers, so no imbalance due to getting matched with others in higher tier ships.  Also no repair cost bullshit after each match.  You actually get more credits for soaking up more damage for your team, as it should be.  Missing a lot of that extra silliness from WoT/WoWS/WT.

Been thinking of checking out Heroes & Generals again soon, now that it's complete.  Maybe.   I like how it feels like an old school shooter from 15+ years ago.  But I've been seeing complaints about people getting cornholed by the matchmaker, placed into matches with enemies who've unlocked much more capable equipment.   ???


May end up binge watching Luke Cage on Netflix this weekend.  Especially if I'm immobile.
Title: Re: FRIDAY Child
Post by: Sir Slash on September 30, 2016, 02:42:14 PM
Fresh off of my Overwhelming (minor) Victory in Alea Jacta Est, establishing the Flavian Dynasty, I'll try something lighter like some Pillars of Eternity or catch-up on a Combat Mission campaign. Give my brain a break.  :uglystupid2:
Title: Re: FRIDAY Child
Post by: Nefaro on September 30, 2016, 02:44:21 PM
Quote from: Sir Slash on September 30, 2016, 02:42:14 PM
Fresh off of my Overwhelming (minor) Victory in Alea Jacta Est, establishing the Flavian Dynasty, I'll try something lighter like some Pillars of Eternity or catch-up on a Combat Mission campaign. Give my brain a break.  :uglystupid2:

Congrats on the win!

Title: Re: FRIDAY Child
Post by: bob48 on September 30, 2016, 02:44:59 PM
^What is this 'brain' of which you speak - and where can I get one?
Title: Re: FRIDAY Child
Post by: Nefaro on September 30, 2016, 03:11:30 PM
Quote from: bob48 on September 30, 2016, 02:44:59 PM
^What is this 'brain' of which you speak - and where can I get one?



(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwhile2.ghost.io%2Fcontent%2Fimages%2F2015%2F07%2Fyoung_frankenstein_abnormal_brain.jpg&hash=d179285642e79cdb368f52f16814c54db59fde55)


(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2F66.media.tumblr.com%2F77225a9623681916684f005deba99924%2Ftumblr_nebzvttHLi1r1d1ago8_400.gif&hash=a0db6fdf49258baca6d989cd4580e088d6a80deb)
Title: Re: FRIDAY Child
Post by: Grim.Reaper on September 30, 2016, 03:57:04 PM
Plan to play a little ActionPC Golf in honor of the Ryder Cup going on....go USA!
Title: Re: FRIDAY Child
Post by: sandman2575 on September 30, 2016, 04:26:40 PM
Man I was bummed when I heard about Gene Wilder's death!  I'd probably rate Young Frankenstein as the funniest movie I've ever seen (many, many times)

The 'Abby Normal' scene is pure gold.  "I will NOT. Be. Angry...'   ;D
Title: Re: FRIDAY Child
Post by: Toonces on September 30, 2016, 05:24:30 PM
Ok.

1.  That Saga game sound really interesting, Mirth.

2.  What Guadalcanal game, SDR?

3.  That tune wasn't bad, JD.  I might borrow that for a surf video...would fit well for the gray, cold surf we have.

4.  I'm not digging SOW: Waterloo as much as I thought I would.  Meanwhile, I've totally pimped out my SOW: Gettysburg install with some killer mods, to include a cool 10 mile square map.  So I'll be doing some Army v. Army sandbox fights on that.  Not sure what else, yet.  Probably Mount and Blade and some other online shooter, maybe ARMA 3.
Title: Re: FRIDAY Child
Post by: Silent Disapproval Robot on September 30, 2016, 05:35:01 PM
Conflict of Heroes: Guadalcanal by Academy Games.  It's a board game covering tactical land battles at the platoon/company level (counters represent squads or weapons teams).  I've played the first three scenarios so far and have zero wins to show for it.  It's a lot of fun and the Bushido rules for the Japanese side really add a lot of immersion to the game.  I know Matrix/Slitherine has released PC versions of earlier titles in the series.  I'm not sure if they plan to do this one as well.

https://theboardgameshow.com/2016/07/05/review-of-conflict-of-heroes-guadalcanal/
(https://theboardgameshow.com/2016/07/05/review-of-conflict-of-heroes-guadalcanal/)


Title: Re: FRIDAY Child
Post by: Gusington on September 30, 2016, 06:49:49 PM
I am so boring and predictable.

-Witcher 3
-Witcher 3
-Witcher 3
-Witcher 3
BEER
-Witcher 3
-Witcher 3
-Witcher 3
-Witcher 3

Going to level up a bit before I go off to Novigrad in Witcher 3 but damn this game is exciting, engaging, and loin moistening. I think about it like I think about women.
Title: Re: FRIDAY Child
Post by: Toonces on September 30, 2016, 08:35:54 PM
^ The books are also very good, Gus.  I've read two or three of them.  I haven't played through all the games yet, but what I've seen thus far suggests that the two complement each other very well.
Title: Re: FRIDAY Child
Post by: Gusington on September 30, 2016, 08:54:42 PM
I read the very first book, The Last Wish, but none of the others. I did get the World of the Witcher book recommended by bboyer and it was pretty good as an coffee table type intro to the game world.
Title: Re: FRIDAY Child
Post by: mikeck on September 30, 2016, 09:12:04 PM
Quote from: Toonces on September 30, 2016, 05:24:30 PM
Ok.

1.  That Saga game sound really interesting, Mirth.

2.  What Guadalcanal game, SDR?

3.  That tune wasn't bad, JD.  I might borrow that for a surf video...would fit well for the gray, cold surf we have.

4.  I'm not digging SOW: Waterloo as much as I thought I would.  Meanwhile, I've totally pimped out my SOW: Gettysburg install with some killer mods, to include a cool 10 mile square map.  So I'll be doing some Army v. Army sandbox fights on that.  Not sure what else, yet.  Probably Mount and Blade and some other online shooter, maybe ARMA 3.

What's bothering you about Waterloo
Title: Re: FRIDAY Child
Post by: MengJiao on October 03, 2016, 05:05:34 AM
Quote from: MengJiao on September 30, 2016, 09:46:35 AM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on September 30, 2016, 02:19:45 AM


DCS - I mention this every week and every week I don't fire it up - I'm determined to do so this weekend. Which module, I don't know.


   Yeah!!!  I can mention DCS and not fire it up too!!!  And then there is what I'm likely to be doing:  Churubosco!  (a small offshoot from Gringos!). 


   I did play DCS.  I flew with the kids.  The boy (who is not quite 3) preferred the P-51, but he likes any truck better than any airplane so he wasn't that into DCS.  ARMA3 is his idea of a good game, truck-wise (He says project Cars is "Bad Cars")...The girl (who is six), went from crashing her Mig21s to a pretty elaborate set of schemes involving ejections and watching missiles and so on.  I didn't realize that the ejection logic in the game doesn't open the parachute if the ejection is too high or too fast.  But it does so we watched one pilot drop in his seat for quite a while before his parachute opened and he left the seat.   O the drama!
Title: Re: FRIDAY Child
Post by: JudgeDredd on October 03, 2016, 07:12:58 AM
Quote from: MengJiao on October 03, 2016, 05:05:34 AM
Quote from: MengJiao on September 30, 2016, 09:46:35 AM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on September 30, 2016, 02:19:45 AM


DCS - I mention this every week and every week I don't fire it up - I'm determined to do so this weekend. Which module, I don't know.


   Yeah!!!  I can mention DCS and not fire it up too!!!  And then there is what I'm likely to be doing:  Churubosco!  (a small offshoot from Gringos!). 


   I did play DCS.  I flew with the kids.  The boy (who is not quite 3) preferred the P-51, but he likes any truck better than any airplane so he wasn't that into DCS.  ARMA3 is his idea of a good game, truck-wise (He says project Cars is "Bad Cars")...The girl (who is six), went from crashing her Mig21s to a pretty elaborate set of schemes involving ejections and watching missiles and so on.  I didn't realize that the ejection logic in the game doesn't open the parachute if the ejection is too high or too fast.  But it does so we watched one pilot drop in his seat for quite a while before his parachute opened and he left the seat.   O the drama!
I didn't...again  :'(
Title: Re: FRIDAY Child
Post by: Jarhead0331 on October 03, 2016, 08:58:25 AM
I ended up playing mostly Elite Dangerous, with a little ARMA 3 sprinkled in. The Unsung Vietnam mod was updated (finally have Cobra Gunships to pilot), as was the Halo mod Operation Trebuchet. Its amazing what some modders are able to accomplish.
Title: Re: FRIDAY Child
Post by: Sir Slash on October 03, 2016, 10:07:08 AM
I found a cursed sword, a big-ass dragon, and a baby Fish-Man pet in Pillars of Eternity- White March. Stone-cold sober, swear to God.
Title: Re: FRIDAY Child
Post by: Toonces on October 03, 2016, 04:34:43 PM
That Unsung mod is amazing.
Title: Re: FRIDAY Child
Post by: Gusington on October 03, 2016, 07:55:18 PM
I find that very hard to believe Slash.
Title: Re: FRIDAY Child
Post by: Hofstadter on October 03, 2016, 08:36:38 PM
I got an email from this finnish guy asking me to review his game, the hive, some kinda story based RTS. I asked him where he got my email and he said he found it on youtube

Ego +5

I played a little bit of it and....its simple. He didnt Go through my channel i think. This video is going to suck big time.
Title: Re: FRIDAY Child
Post by: Sir Slash on October 03, 2016, 09:57:48 PM
What? That I was stone-cold sober, or that I swear to God? I think He swears about me sometimes so..... :coolsmiley:
Title: Re: FRIDAY Child
Post by: Swatter on October 03, 2016, 10:23:49 PM
Quote from: Hofstadter on October 03, 2016, 08:36:38 PM
I got an email from this finnish guy asking me to review his game, the hive, some kinda story based RTS. I asked him where he got my email and he said he found it on youtube

Ego +5

I played a little bit of it and....its simple. He didnt Go through my channel i think. This video is going to suck big time.

Your confidence is inspiring!