GrogHeads Forum

IRL (In Real Life) => Tech Talk => Topic started by: Rayfer on October 07, 2016, 07:10:55 AM

Title: Forum Posting Issue
Post by: Rayfer on October 07, 2016, 07:10:55 AM
This is a minor issue but worth asking. I have no problem posting in the forums but, oddly, none of the buttons above where I write work. I can't make things bold or in italics, I cant use the funny emoticons (or whatever they are called), or any of the other options. None of them work.  Is it a setting of some sort that I need to change?  Thanks, Ray
Title: Re: Forum Posting Issue
Post by: Barthheart on October 07, 2016, 07:17:48 AM
Are you using Win 10's Edge browser? I'm having the exact same problem with Edge...  :P
Title: Re: Forum Posting Issue
Post by: JasonPratt on October 07, 2016, 07:20:54 AM
I have a habit of typing my BBCode tags, but I just checked and no problems for me. Using TenFourFox 45.4.0 (on an old G5 PPC Mac); but I also use Win 8.1 here on other machines.
Title: Re: Forum Posting Issue
Post by: bayonetbrant on October 07, 2016, 07:23:41 AM
There's an update to the forum software that I'm looking into and might be relevant. Generally we wait a few weeks after initial release to make sure it's stable before we apply it.
Title: Re: Forum Posting Issue
Post by: bob48 on October 07, 2016, 07:27:14 AM
Quote from: Barthheart on October 07, 2016, 07:17:48 AM
Are you using Win 10's Edge browser? I'm having the exact same problem with Edge...  :P

Same.
Title: Re: Forum Posting Issue
Post by: mirth on October 07, 2016, 07:46:47 AM
Quote from: bayonetbrant on October 07, 2016, 07:23:41 AM
There's an update to the forum software that I'm looking into and might be relevant. Generally we wait a few weeks after initial release to make sure it's stable before we apply it.

Coward :P
Title: Re: Forum Posting Issue
Post by: Rayfer on October 07, 2016, 07:57:50 AM
Quote from: Barthheart on October 07, 2016, 07:17:48 AM
Are you using Win 10's Edge browser? I'm having the exact same problem with Edge...  :P

Yes, and so is bob48 as he posted. Maybe this is the problem?
Title: Re: Forum Posting Issue
Post by: Barthheart on October 07, 2016, 08:02:53 AM
Quote from: Rayfer on October 07, 2016, 07:57:50 AM
Quote from: Barthheart on October 07, 2016, 07:17:48 AM
Are you using Win 10's Edge browser? I'm having the exact same problem with Edge...  :P

Yes, and so is bob48 as he posted. Maybe this is the problem?

I have no doubt it's MS's fault... :P
Title: Re: Forum Posting Issue
Post by: bob48 on October 07, 2016, 09:31:51 AM
I'm pretty sure we have this conversation before somewhere. If you also have IE11 installed, and log on here using that, then it all works fine. It is an issue with Edge.
Title: Re: Forum Posting Issue
Post by: bayonetbrant on October 13, 2016, 06:26:08 AM
Try it now guys.

You may need to log out / back in
Title: Re: Forum Posting Issue
Post by: bob48 on October 13, 2016, 06:34:23 AM
 O0

Fixed :)
Title: Re: Forum Posting Issue
Post by: OJsDad on October 13, 2016, 06:54:03 AM
Nope, still not working for me.
Title: Re: Forum Posting Issue
Post by: mirth on October 13, 2016, 11:52:50 AM
Quote from: OJsDad on October 13, 2016, 06:54:03 AM
Nope, still not working for me.

Try restarting your computer.
Title: Re: Forum Posting Issue
Post by: Barthheart on October 13, 2016, 12:07:49 PM
Quote from: mirth on October 13, 2016, 11:52:50 AM
Quote from: OJsDad on October 13, 2016, 06:54:03 AM
Nope, still not working for me.

Try restarting your computer.

Really?!? "Turn it off and on again." is the best you got? You must work in IT.  ;D
Title: Re: Forum Posting Issue
Post by: mirth on October 13, 2016, 12:10:23 PM
Quote from: Barthheart on October 13, 2016, 12:07:49 PM
Quote from: mirth on October 13, 2016, 11:52:50 AM
Quote from: OJsDad on October 13, 2016, 06:54:03 AM
Nope, still not working for me.

Try restarting your computer.

Really?!? "Turn it off and on again." is the best you got? You must work in IT.  ;D

I could have told him to try clearing his cache :P
Title: Re: Forum Posting Issue
Post by: bob48 on October 13, 2016, 12:33:28 PM
I didn't have to do any of those things and it still worked  ??? how very strange :-[
Title: Re: Forum Posting Issue
Post by: mirth on October 13, 2016, 12:34:34 PM
Quote from: bob48 on October 13, 2016, 12:33:28 PM
I didn't have to do any of those things and it still worked  ??? how very strange :-[

It's the power of the 'stache.
Title: Re: Forum Posting Issue
Post by: mirth on October 13, 2016, 04:41:31 PM
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fmanyrivers.us11.list-manage.com%2Ftrack%2Fclick%3Fu%3D46ac4fe30546ce2cab9e8bf93%26amp%3Bid%3D54b0140297%26amp%3Be%3Db75581ac91&hash=6a02dac81d5618d89c5a449460c69698ca99c1e6)
Title: Re: Forum Posting Issue
Post by: Barthheart on October 13, 2016, 07:50:03 PM
No workie here either...
Title: Re: Forum Posting Issue
Post by: bayonetbrant on October 13, 2016, 07:54:47 PM
Quote from: Barthheart on October 13, 2016, 07:50:03 PM
No workie here either...


Buy a Mac
Title: Re: Forum Posting Issue
Post by: mirth on October 13, 2016, 08:07:45 PM
Quote from: bayonetbrant on October 13, 2016, 07:54:47 PM
Quote from: Barthheart on October 13, 2016, 07:50:03 PM
No workie here either...


Buy a Mac

That was going to be my next suggestion.
Title: Re: Forum Posting Issue
Post by: Barthheart on October 13, 2016, 08:09:45 PM
Pfft... then nothing else will work either...  :P  :buck2:  ::)  :2funny:



PS Cashe clearing worked.
Title: Re: Forum Posting Issue
Post by: bayonetbrant on October 13, 2016, 08:13:30 PM
Quote from: Barthheart on October 13, 2016, 08:09:45 PMPS Cashe clearing worked.

What about cache clearing?
Title: Re: Forum Posting Issue
Post by: Barthheart on October 13, 2016, 08:15:32 PM
That didn't work...
Title: Re: Forum Posting Issue
Post by: mirth on October 14, 2016, 04:12:23 AM
What about a 'stache clearing?
Title: Re: Forum Posting Issue
Post by: bob48 on October 14, 2016, 05:54:42 AM
 :) ;D :o 8) :2funny: C:-) :tickedoff: :-* :-[
Title: Re: Forum Posting Issue
Post by: OJsDad on October 14, 2016, 07:03:42 AM
Is you need to use the buttons when replying, using another browser like Chrome
Title: Re: Forum Posting Issue
Post by: OJsDad on October 14, 2016, 07:05:39 AM
Oh, wait, now it's working this morning.

And no, I didn't reboot!

:) ;) :D ;D >:( :( :o 8) ??? ::) :P :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( :2funny: >:D ^-^ :buck2: O0 :coolsmiley: :)) :crazy2: C:-) :idiot2: O:-) :knuppel2: :smiley6600: :smitten: :tickedoff: :uglystupid2:
Title: Re: Forum Posting Issue
Post by: mirth on October 14, 2016, 07:07:46 AM
(https://flamingbagofpoo.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/inconceivable.jpg)
Title: Re: Forum Posting Issue
Post by: Martok on October 14, 2016, 12:59:27 PM
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi1108.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fh412%2FRotarrin%2FFunny%2FYoukeepusingthatword_zpsb2m6rwqk.jpg&hash=480ff18bcdeae5f2d622a0eaea478ac921504aa7)

(Sorry, couldn't resist. :D ) 

Title: Re: Forum Posting Issue
Post by: OJsDad on October 14, 2016, 01:58:24 PM
Computers are like women.  They need to be told they're pretty once in awhile otherwise they get moody.
Title: Re: Forum Posting Issue
Post by: Rayfer on October 19, 2016, 11:12:27 AM
Well, whatever was done, it worked for me. I changed nothing at all on my end but I can now use the bold, italics, emoticons, etc.  Thanks to whoever fixed it...... O0
Title: Re: Forum Posting Issue
Post by: mirth on October 21, 2016, 11:34:48 AM
Quote from: Rayfer on October 19, 2016, 11:12:27 AM
Well, whatever was done, it worked for me. I changed nothing at all on my end but I can now use the bold, italics, emoticons, etc.  Thanks to whoever fixed it...... O0

You're welcome.