BRDM FTL!!! but one of the more spectacular brew-ups Ive ever seen!
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=d13_1339072406
Quote from: GDS_Starfury on June 08, 2012, 06:10:51 PM
BRDM FTL!!! but one of the more spectacular brew-ups Ive ever seen!
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=d13_1339072406
Oh come on. Inferior Russian armor cannot take the blame for this. Allah clearly intervened.
Holy crap. What did that thing get hit with?
I assume this is legit? That is one heck of an explosion and a unique viewing perspective.
Shaped charge hits thin armor- catastrophic hit to ammo and/or fuel. Probably not diesel...
Im getting friking rusty with my recognition skills. to much damn WoT I guess. its a Btr-80 and has a diesel engine. my guess is that it was carrying Michael Bay.
It could be a BTR-60 with gasoline engine. It's hard to imagine that such a fireball could happen so rapidly with diesel as it's flash point is much higher that gasoline, as many M4 crews found out in WW2.
BTR60PB similar to those currently used by Syria:
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fupload.wikimedia.org%2Fwikipedia%2Fcommons%2F7%2F77%2FLT_BTR-60.JPG&hash=30288759d00b39534f3a79deffbd09f4490bd64a)
Quote from: Gusington on June 08, 2012, 07:56:52 PM
Holy crap. What did that thing get hit with?
My guess is harsh language.
it very well could be a 60 but that aint no gas explosion!
Quote from: GDS_Starfury on June 08, 2012, 10:01:53 PM
it very well could be a 60 but that aint no gas explosion!
Add in tinfoil armor as well as a few crates of 14mm ammo and several thousand rounds of 7.62 and you get a BLEVE.
You can hear the ammo going.
I'm so fixated on Starfury's avatar...yes...spectacular...very spectacular.
Yeah, thats one hell of an avatar alreet..its sorta, hypnotic....hmmm
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on June 08, 2012, 06:47:00 PM
Inferior Russian armor
Sounds like the name of a symphonic metal band.
Quote from: Electric_Strawberry on June 09, 2012, 09:29:26 AM
I'm so fixated on Starfury's avatar...yes...spectacular...very spectacular.
you can just tell that they're real.
look toward the rear of the tank at the 5 second mark. You can see hot gasses shooting out of what is likely the penetration point .... who ever shot it at that close of range has got steel balls
They probably hit it with a paintball gun given the quality of Russian armour. ;)
^I've been hit in the rear with a paintball gun and was spewing hot gasses for hours.
^And your ass provides you with much better protection than Russian armor ever would.
^It does. When I was fatter it provided even more cushioning.
This wasn't a wheeled AFV, it was a tracked one. Judging from the shape of the front and and the road wheels (not to mention the title of the video!) it was a BMP.
Good eye. But a coffin, by any other name....
Quote from: Rex Brynen on June 13, 2012, 12:40:42 PM
This wasn't a wheeled AFV, it was a tracked one. Judging from the shape of the front and and the road wheels (not to mention the title of the video!) it was a BMP.
Agreed, no doubt a BMP1.
we may all be wrong on this one.
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FWWL7U.jpg&hash=e6a8161581770136491a22540aaac170fb6f4dfc)
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fimg513.imageshack.us%2Fimg513%2F136%2Ft72syria.png&hash=b14b0372758e91ed28fdfe7eb2cb1aa87349795c)
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi1162.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fq526%2Ffryberg69%2Fbe4f20ca.gif&hash=1ee7c4f37afbd4815b3de0fdd4532e8c31ac5119)
I think T-55 or T-62. The gun is too long for a BMP1, too large a diameter for a BMP-2. I the bottom animation watch for the smoke billowing out just as the turret brews up.
It's possible if the turret is reversed, pointing the gun to the rear. Star and I are definitely wrong as the turret is too big and the 'road wheels' don't include the slight spacing between the second and third set that the BTR series had. Wheels also look too big for a T-62 and turret too small for a T-55. I'm going to go out on a limb and say it's a T-72 of some kind based on road wheel size and turret size relative to hull/wheels.
T-72.
A bmp gets it in the rear
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=b75_1340324113
Quote from: GDS_Starfury on June 09, 2012, 07:44:08 PM
Quote from: Electric_Strawberry on June 09, 2012, 09:29:26 AM
I'm so fixated on Starfury's avatar...yes...spectacular...very spectacular.
you can just tell that they're real.
They are all fake to me unless I can touch 'em, suck 'em or both 'em!
Quote from: Azzurri on June 25, 2012, 12:08:27 PM
Quote from: GDS_Starfury on June 09, 2012, 07:44:08 PM
Quote from: Electric_Strawberry on June 09, 2012, 09:29:26 AM
I'm so fixated on Starfury's avatar...yes...spectacular...very spectacular.
you can just tell that they're real.
They are all fake to me unless I can touch 'em, suck 'em or both 'em!
All y'all - let's get off the boob comments and back on topic, pls
thx!