GrogHeads Forum

IRL (In Real Life) => Music, TV, Movies => Topic started by: Nefaro on November 02, 2016, 07:51:32 AM

Title: Stan Against Evil
Post by: Nefaro on November 02, 2016, 07:51:32 AM
Looks like IFC is doing their own Horror Comedy series, beginning tonight.

John C McGinley plays the main character.

Clip:




http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5722214/?ref_=nv_sr_1


I wouldn't have known about it but for an ad on YouTube.   ???






......................


Evidently they have the first full episode up for everyone on YT. 

I've not watched yet so don't yet know much.



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQTmTMStf2o

Title: Re: Stan Against Evil
Post by: Nefaro on November 10, 2016, 01:21:23 PM
The third episode had some hilarious stuff. 




The scene at 16:18 is  :DD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWwQ7oEVB3Y



QuoteWell, breaking up with a woman is easy.  Just look 'em in the eye and say, "I know you're pregnant and I know it ain't mine."  Even if she ain't pregnant, she gets so angry that she... she just goes nuts!  And that's when you go, "Look, I'm outta here.  You're nuts!"

:))


The comedy is definitely there, improved after the first couple episodes' awkwardness.
Title: Re: Stan Against Evil
Post by: Nefaro on January 12, 2017, 11:11:05 AM
I definitely enjoyed this series.   :bd:  Wish there were more than eight episodes.

They certainly took Ash Vs Evil Dead as an inspiration.  But Stan has it's own humorous satirical style, light on the gore-horror.

McGinley pulls off his grumpy old retired politically incorrect police chief, who just wants to sit around watching war documentaries and bitching about special snowflakes, in a stoically humorous way.  ;D   

Need moar.  Apparently there's a second season in the making.