GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: JudgeDredd on November 26, 2016, 05:05:17 AM

Title: Titanfall2 and EA - WTF???
Post by: JudgeDredd on November 26, 2016, 05:05:17 AM
So I've played and completed Titanfall2 and started a second time around after I had completed the first playthrough

I went to load it this morning, and Origin started an update, then asked me to login...ok...odd, because I selected "Remember Me" all the time for games. So I login in to Origin, then I get some BS message from EA saying I have to sign in to my EA account to play Titanfall2....seriously...WTF is that about?

Origin IS the game aspect of EA...why the hell do I now need an EA account to play it when before, I didn't (and if I did, I cannot for the life of me remember creating an account).

I'm going to try and see if it's the same as my Origin account...if it's not, oooooooh.....if it's not!!!  :knuppel2:
Title: Re: Titanfall2 and EA - WTF???
Post by: JudgeDredd on November 26, 2016, 05:07:29 AM
Well, would you adam and eve it - it was my Origin details. Something about Activating the game....but I had already played through the damn thing...wasn't it activated previously?
Title: Re: Titanfall2 and EA - WTF???
Post by: MikeGER on November 26, 2016, 05:30:10 AM
JD i made a test (with Bf1),  it installed a new Origin patch but it remembered my account details and started BF1 ...so must be an EA/Origin thingi.

Benefit: i just learned a new Cockney English slang term  "to adam and eve it" :)

Grogheads forum reading educates  :bd:
Title: Re: Titanfall2 and EA - WTF???
Post by: JudgeDredd on November 26, 2016, 06:59:10 AM
Quote from: MikeGER on November 26, 2016, 05:30:10 AM
....Grogheads forum reading educates  :bd:
:notworthy:
Title: Re: Titanfall2 and EA - WTF???
Post by: Gusington on November 26, 2016, 10:19:00 AM
Thinking about these issues will drive you insane(r).
Title: Re: Titanfall2 and EA - WTF???
Post by: Grim.Reaper on December 10, 2017, 05:11:25 PM
Stumbled on a nice deal for titan fall 2...only $8.  Forgot all about this one and certainly worth a try for that....

https://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/titanfall-2-pc-cd-key-origin
Title: Re: Titanfall2 and EA - WTF???
Post by: Gusington on December 10, 2017, 06:48:32 PM
WOW...very tempting...this or Endless Legend Emperor Edition?
Title: Re: Titanfall2 and EA - WTF???
Post by: JasonPratt on December 10, 2017, 06:52:35 PM
Having played TFall2 all the way through, which was a nice shooter in the vein of the old Monolith game Shogo: Mobile Armored Division, I'm inclined to think you'll get more play out of Endless Legends Superbig Grandmaster Edition or whatever it is.


Other than that, depends on your mood and taste at the time.  O:-)
Title: Re: Titanfall2 and EA - WTF???
Post by: Steelgrave on December 10, 2017, 06:54:01 PM
I'm looking at The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt GOTY edition for $24.09. I'm late to the party because I just got a new rig after my old rig caught fire, lol.
Title: Re: Titanfall2 and EA - WTF???
Post by: Gusington on December 10, 2017, 07:11:16 PM
YES
Title: Re: Titanfall2 and EA - WTF???
Post by: jamus34 on December 10, 2017, 08:44:53 PM
Witcher 3 at any price is worth it
Title: Re: Titanfall2 and EA - WTF???
Post by: OJsDad on December 10, 2017, 09:11:43 PM
I got Titanfall 2 and Plants vs Zombies for my kids last Christmas.  Neither one was ever played, because, even though they are on the Xbox, you have to have access to the EA website for them to run!  WFT, not everyone has a Xbox live account.  Luckily, they were in the cheap bin, but still, lesson learned, careful what you buy for the Xbox. 
Title: Re: Titanfall2 and EA - WTF???
Post by: JasonPratt on December 10, 2017, 09:44:39 PM
Quote from: Gusington on December 10, 2017, 07:11:16 PM
YES

YES! -- YOUR OLD RIG CAUGHT FIRE!  \m/

I mean, if your rig is going to go out anyway, for someone nicknamed Steelgrave it should go out like that.  :notworthy:
Title: Re: Titanfall2 and EA - WTF???
Post by: Steelgrave on December 10, 2017, 11:02:22 PM
Quote from: JasonPratt on December 10, 2017, 09:44:39 PM
Quote from: Gusington on December 10, 2017, 07:11:16 PM
YES

YES! -- YOUR OLD RIG CAUGHT FIRE!  \m/

I mean, if your rig is going to go out anyway, for someone nicknamed Steelgrave it should go out like that.  :notworthy:

I would have been happier if it hadn't been in my den when it started smoking   :coolsmiley:
Title: Re: Titanfall2 and EA - WTF???
Post by: JudgeDredd on December 11, 2017, 01:36:10 AM
Quote from: Gusington on December 10, 2017, 06:48:32 PM
WOW...very tempting...this or Endless Legend Emperor Edition?
TF2 is a no brainer for $8. It has a great single player campaign (I didn't play it much online - which isn't to say MP is rubbish...it's just not my thing).

Quote from: JasonPratt on December 10, 2017, 06:52:35 PM
Having played TFall2 all the way through, which was a nice shooter in the vein of the old Monolith game Shogo: Mobile Armored Division, I'm inclined to think you'll get more play out of Endless Legends Superbig Grandmaster Edition or whatever it is.


Other than that, depends on your mood and taste at the time.  O:-)
But ^ he's ^ right - the campaign is short...so it's going to depend on your mood. I did play through the campaign twice it was so entertaining. Good story, fantastic graphics, great gameplay, funky stuff for your Titan and the dialogue between you and you're Titan is superb.
Title: Re: Titanfall2 and EA - WTF???
Post by: JudgeDredd on December 11, 2017, 01:37:24 AM
Quote from: jamus34 on December 10, 2017, 08:44:53 PM
Witcher 3 at any price is worth it
+100
Title: Re: Titanfall2 and EA - WTF???
Post by: Gusington on December 11, 2017, 09:06:17 AM
Is TF2 still on sale fo 8.00? Turns out I have the regular base version of Endless Legend anyway.
Title: Re: Titanfall2 and EA - WTF???
Post by: JudgeDredd on December 11, 2017, 09:19:11 AM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on December 10, 2017, 05:11:25 PM
Stumbled on a nice deal for titan fall 2...only $8.  Forgot all about this one and certainly worth a try for that....

https://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/titanfall-2-pc-cd-key-origin
I followed this link and it was showing for £5.99 - so yeah. I guess so.
Title: Re: Titanfall2 and EA - WTF???
Post by: Gusington on December 11, 2017, 09:24:14 AM
Thanks - might pick it up later today when I am back in front of my rig.