GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: Gusington on November 27, 2016, 03:01:13 PM

Title: Modding The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion
Post by: Gusington on November 27, 2016, 03:01:13 PM
Just bought TES Oblivion and I'm planning on using this guide to mod it before I play:

http://www.pcgamer.com/ten-essential-oblivion-mods/

However upon firing up the game last night for the first time, my mouse did not work in-game. So first things first...any suggestions for getting my mouse to work?

After that I just want to hear what you guys suggest in way of updating/modernizing mods, in case that above link is outdated (it's from 2010).

Thanks all.
Title: Re: Modding The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion
Post by: Bison on November 27, 2016, 03:04:14 PM
I wish you luck.
Title: Re: Modding The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion
Post by: Gusington on November 27, 2016, 03:05:49 PM
Have you tried playing it/modding it?
Title: Re: Modding The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion
Post by: Pete Dero on November 28, 2016, 04:13:12 AM
Best start here : http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/topalltime/?adult=2

If I remember correctly the one I used (with some addons) was Oscuro's Overhaul :

http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/15256/? (base game) and http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/46508/? (Shivering Isles)
http://www.darkcreations.org/oscuros-oblivion-overhaul/wiki/Main_Page

Visuals :
Natural environments http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/2536/?
Better cities : http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/16513/?

Unofficial patches :
Base game http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/5296/?
Shivering Isles : http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/10739/?
DLC : http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/9969/?
Title: Re: Modding The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion
Post by: Shelldrake on November 28, 2016, 07:25:44 AM
IIRC I used Franco's mod and natural environments without any issues.
Title: Re: Modding The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion
Post by: Gusington on November 28, 2016, 09:54:19 AM
Thanks to you both. Just gotta squeeze in some time to actually do this.
Title: Re: Modding The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion
Post by: Gusington on April 08, 2017, 12:29:31 PM
Well here I am six months later and I will finally have some time this afternoon to mod the damned thing. My one final question is if the mods recommended work with the Steam version of the game...anyone know?
Title: Re: Modding The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion
Post by: Gusington on April 08, 2017, 09:02:50 PM
Alright...about 5 hours later I have downloaded the Oblivion mod manager the unofficial patch, the oscuros mod and three graphics overhaul mods and I haven't blown anything up yet. Almost done.

This was not easy  :buck2:
Title: Re: Modding The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion
Post by: Staggerwing on April 08, 2017, 09:28:05 PM
But have you actually started playing the game? Or does that wait until next weekend?
Title: Re: Modding The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion
Post by: Gusington on April 08, 2017, 09:48:00 PM
Just played for about 45 minutes. For an 11-12 year old game it looked pretty good but it's almost impossible to escape it's age altogether. My aim for today was just to get it tricked out and ready for a long session of play (1-2 months). In the meantime I aim to get back to The Witcher 3 as well as a bit of Enderal (total conversion for Skyrim). So Oblivion is now patched, modded and ready for when I get to it.