GrogHeads Forum

IRL (In Real Life) => General Discussion => Topic started by: steve58 on December 12, 2016, 11:10:48 AM

Title: Santa’s Number One Elf
Post by: steve58 on December 12, 2016, 11:10:48 AM
Santa's Number One Elf (http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2016/12/11/cried-all-way-home-santa-claus-grants-final-wish-dying-child/95315536/)  :'(
Title: Re: Santa’s Number One Elf
Post by: mirth on December 12, 2016, 11:12:20 AM
I read that this morning. Had to fight back the tears.
Title: Re: Santa’s Number One Elf
Post by: Con on December 12, 2016, 12:25:33 PM
I read that too.  I gave my kids an extra hug today they are the same age.

Con
Title: Re: Santa’s Number One Elf
Post by: Sir Slash on December 12, 2016, 11:00:25 PM
That's one tough Santa there.  :clap:
Title: Re: Santa’s Number One Elf
Post by: Martok on December 13, 2016, 04:24:24 PM
I read that this morning as well.  Like mirth, I fought the tears as well -- except I lost the battle.  :'( 




Quote from: Sir Slash on December 12, 2016, 11:00:25 PM
That's one tough Santa there.  :clap:
Indeed. 

That being said, I think most Santas have to be tough, to at least some extent. 


My father has done Santa gigs for around a decade now, and he inevitably gets requests from kids that would make most of us weep on the spot (how he manages to keep it together -- at least until afterward when he can break down in private -- I can scarcely imagine):  Kids wanting their parents to stop fighting and/or get back together, wanting a sick/dying relative or friend to get better, wishing to see a deceased family member (or somewhat less heartbreaking, deceased pet) again, wishing their mommy had a better job so she didn't have to worry about the grocery bill so much...the list goes on. 

Make no mistake; my dad enjoys playing Santa, and most of the time he says it's a great gig.  But now & then he gets a request that haunts him, and I imagine that's the case for Santas just about everywhere.  Gods bless 'em all. 

Title: Re: Santa’s Number One Elf
Post by: Sir Slash on December 13, 2016, 07:43:37 PM
Truly.  :notworthy:
Title: Re: Santa’s Number One Elf
Post by: Gusington on December 13, 2016, 08:14:23 PM
Jesus. God bless that Santa. And mirth's Dad.
Title: Re: Santa’s Number One Elf
Post by: mirth on December 13, 2016, 08:20:29 PM
I miss Dad. And mom. Maybe Santa will adopt me.
Title: Re: Santa’s Number One Elf
Post by: Gusington on December 13, 2016, 08:22:31 PM
^Don't make me tear up, man.
Title: Re: Santa’s Number One Elf
Post by: Sir Slash on December 13, 2016, 11:01:06 PM
I thought Bill Murray was his Dad.
Title: Re: Santa’s Number One Elf
Post by: mirth on December 13, 2016, 11:40:24 PM
Quote from: Sir Slash on December 13, 2016, 11:01:06 PM
I thought Bill Murray was his Dad.

surrogate Dad
Title: Re: Santa’s Number One Elf
Post by: steve58 on December 15, 2016, 11:11:53 AM
*sigh*, well, seems the story may not be true.  :-\   But it was on the internet!!

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2016/12/14/boy-santas-arms-unravel/
Title: Re: Santa’s Number One Elf
Post by: mirth on December 15, 2016, 11:15:54 AM
ugh. It's pretty twisted if the guy made it up.
Title: Re: Santa’s Number One Elf
Post by: steve58 on December 15, 2016, 01:31:57 PM
Well then, maybe it is true!  O0  Facts verified in Santa's hospital visit story (http://www.wbir.com/news/local/santa-story-of-final-christmas-wish/370486645)

I can see the privacy/HIPPA side, so understand why some are skeptical...
Title: Re: Santa’s Number One Elf
Post by: mirth on December 15, 2016, 01:42:11 PM
Now I don't know what to believe.
Title: Re: Santa’s Number One Elf
Post by: undercovergeek on December 15, 2016, 05:35:35 PM
Believe in Santa
Title: Re: Santa’s Number One Elf
Post by: steve58 on December 15, 2016, 06:12:42 PM
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Flaughingsquid.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fsanta-20101224-184126.jpg&hash=1195ce219ca61bc5edd0a90799f201cfadbbb484)
Title: Re: Santa’s Number One Elf
Post by: Sir Slash on December 15, 2016, 07:31:47 PM
That explains the reindeer crap on my roof each X-Mas morning. I thought it was the neighbor that doesn't like me.