Just heard about this game a few months ago and went to the official site today to see how things are going. I watch a video of actual game play and while I don't know much about the franchise the game looks pretty damn sweet.
Anyone thinking of picking this up? Looks like it has an "early" 2017 release time, which means end of 2017 :uglystupid2:
I backed the Kickstarter.
Seems interesting enough - initially I didn't think it was my cup of tea but had a very good KS pitch and the lowest-tier with access seemed pretty reasonable, so I gave it a go.
as much as I love the BattleTech media franchise, I play digital games so infrequently that I passed backing it.
I'll be looking forward to y'all's screenshots and videos! :)
I backed it!
The livestream demo looked awesome. Looking forward to it!
Backed as well.
Nearly forgot about it though :P
I backed it and looking forward to it.
The recent backer news update mentioned closed beta should be available between Jan and Mar 2017 for those which had beta access backer level.
Quote from: kludger on December 13, 2016, 07:37:47 PM
I backed it and looking forward to it.
The recent backer news update mentioned closed beta should be available between Jan and Mar 2017 for those which had beta access backer level.
Yeah, I'm looking forward to that.
Yep, in one the KS for this one.
This is one of the few digital games on my must-have list, along with the Check Your Six series from Slitherine-Matrix and the new Red Storm Rising-ish game.
Just hope they do a good job implementing the dynamic campaign. :dreamer:
Quote from: Nefaro on December 14, 2016, 07:33:00 PM
This is one of the few digital games on my must-have list, along with the Check Your Six series from Slitherine-Matrix and the new Red Storm Rising-ish game.
Just hope they do a good job implementing the dynamic campaign. :dreamer:
Oh yea....Check Your Six. Guess their beta should be ready to go by the end of January. This game is one of the most anticipated games for me. I don't think we have a CY6 type of game on the market. Dying to see what the game looks like and the multiplayer possibilities!
Quote from: acctingman on December 14, 2016, 07:45:09 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on December 14, 2016, 07:33:00 PM
This is one of the few digital games on my must-have list, along with the Check Your Six series from Slitherine-Matrix and the new Red Storm Rising-ish game.
Just hope they do a good job implementing the dynamic campaign. :dreamer:
Oh yea....Check Your Six. Guess their beta should be ready to go by the end of January. This game is one of the most anticipated games for me. I don't think we have a CY6 type of game on the market. Dying to see what the game looks like and the multiplayer possibilities!
... and the extra fun stuff that a digital version entails (single-player dynamic campaign?)
This is indeed one of my highlights for 2017. Backed it right off the bat and I had to resist the urge to go and get all those sourcebooks in PDF which I had and are now lost in a box at my parent's carport half a world away.
Looking forward to the multiplayer only prototype hopefully coming out by Feb/March next year.
EDIT: Just received on the email the last Kickstarter update of the year, and it does look pretty good to me: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/webeharebrained/battletech/posts/1768032
Melee combat is looking pretty sweet.
Just read the update myself - it's reassuring to see companies work through concepts like this and actively avoid making them over-complicated.
I admit, I'm a little sceptical of the idea of mechs being able to Melee like this due to balance, weight etc... but that's just nit-picking. Still looks very cool.
Quote from: WargamerJoe on December 20, 2016, 05:46:38 AM
Just read the update myself - it's reassuring to see companies work through concepts like this and actively avoid making them over-complicated.
Precisely that makes me feel confident about this one.
I thought this developer simplified their Shadowrun mechanics too much. But those RPGs still ended up being enjoyable.
Fortunately this Battletech game is closer to the tabletop mechanics. O0
Will try not to get my hopes up too much, but will still keep my eyes on this one. Have been a Battletech fan since I was introduced to the game at 16.
If this was WEGO like combat mission I would be very interested.
Quote from: Destraex on December 28, 2016, 03:39:53 AM
If this was WEGO like combat mission I would be very interested.
The original tabletop game isn't WEGO.
Whether the rules are simplified or not, it looks like it got the general feel of the tabletop game based on the vids.
Jomni like I said. If it was WEGO it would be interesting to me. Because it would be more real.
If it is simply a copy of an ancient tabletop rule set that in it's day had to take into account the fact that people were moving figures around i.e. it needed to be turn based (UGOIGO) then I am not.
Fair enough.
We've been asking for a fancy 3D turn-based digital version of Battletech for ages. I, for one, am glad someone finally got around to producing one. :clap:
I think it looks ace and that is all i have to say about that.