GrogHeads Forum

IRL (In Real Life) => Tech Talk => Topic started by: Gusington on December 13, 2016, 07:15:10 PM

Title: Total War Steam Launcher Crash
Post by: Gusington on December 13, 2016, 07:15:10 PM
Steam just updated and now my TW launcher crashes. I can launch all my TW Steam titles if I put Steam in offline mode but for me this is only a temporary fix. Anyone deal with this before and know a better solution? Thanks all.
Title: Re: Total War Steam Launcher Crash
Post by: undercovergeek on December 13, 2016, 07:22:09 PM
Mod conflict?
Title: Re: Total War Steam Launcher Crash
Post by: Gusington on December 13, 2016, 08:15:55 PM
I dunno. But the launcher seems to be nerfed for each TW title, even unmodded ones.
Title: Re: Total War Steam Launcher Crash
Post by: Gusington on December 13, 2016, 08:21:24 PM
Just went back online with Steam, launched it from within there, and the mod manager fired up and updated several mods...I have about 15 for Attila! It appears to be working again. wtf
Title: Re: Total War Steam Launcher Crash
Post by: Boggit on December 14, 2016, 02:15:37 AM
Like Geek said it could be a mod conflict - anyway, it looks like they updated and fixed the problem. I used to have the problem a lot with Rome 2 TW.
Title: Re: Total War Steam Launcher Crash
Post by: Gusington on December 14, 2016, 02:44:22 PM
Yeah it's very common but I've never had it before...fixed now, at any rate.