GrogHeads Forum

IRL (In Real Life) => Tech Talk => Topic started by: Greybriar on December 17, 2016, 10:49:49 AM

Title: Having trouble viewing the forum with Windows 10
Post by: Greybriar on December 17, 2016, 10:49:49 AM
Since I have been using my new Windows 10 PC, I have been having problems with internet forums. My experience varies from site to site, but it seems this forum is the one of the worst. On all the sites I've visited, clicking the mouse usually causes the browser to go back one page. The least amount of problems result when I use the Tab and Arrow Keys to select something and then the Enter Key to activate it.

On this forum, most of the time when I click on a topic I am taken to an entirely different topic in the same forum. >:( I have managed to post to the Hearts of Iron IV thread in the PC gaming forum but afterward I could not locate my post. What's up with that?!

I have Windows 10 set to Desktop Mode. I have Googled about the problem and have found no solution yet.

Is anyone else having this or a similar problem with Windows 10? Does anyone know what to do about it?

Edit: I failed to mention I am using Firefox.
Title: Re: Having trouble viewing the forum with Windows 10
Post by: Pete Dero on December 17, 2016, 11:17:58 AM
What is the browser you are using ? Is it Edge that comes with Windows 10.

Maybe try switching to Firefox.    (You can install next to your present browser)

https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/


Also check your mouse properties that you didn't select the back option to one of your buttons :

(https://i.stack.imgur.com/SAdyy.png)
Title: Re: Having trouble viewing the forum with Windows 10
Post by: bbmike on December 17, 2016, 11:45:19 AM
Never, ever use Edge. It is horrible!
Title: Re: Having trouble viewing the forum with Windows 10
Post by: Barthheart on December 17, 2016, 12:11:47 PM
I use Edge and it works just fine here and elsewhere.... now that Brant fixed the smilies.  :bd:
Title: Re: Having trouble viewing the forum with Windows 10
Post by: bob48 on December 17, 2016, 04:42:41 PM
^Same
Title: Re: Having trouble viewing the forum with Windows 10
Post by: Greybriar on December 17, 2016, 06:09:22 PM
Quote from: Pete Dero on December 17, 2016, 11:17:58 AM
....Also check your mouse properties that you didn't select the back option to one of your buttons :

(https://i.stack.imgur.com/SAdyy.png)
We have a winner! Thanks Pete. :notworthy:

My mouse was working otherwise, so I didn't think to check the Control Panel. When I did and didn't see my mouse listed, I had it check for more devices and it didn't find my mouse. I turned off my PC and plugged my mouse into a different USB port, then booted up and...it worked!!

Life is good again. :)
Title: Re: Having trouble viewing the forum with Windows 10
Post by: OJsDad on December 17, 2016, 06:16:27 PM
Quote from: Barthheart on December 17, 2016, 12:11:47 PM
I use Edge and it works just fine here and elsewhere.... now that Brant fixed the smilies.  :bd:

+1
Title: Re: Having trouble viewing the forum with Windows 10
Post by: bbmike on December 17, 2016, 06:40:53 PM
I suppose it's possible they have improved Edge a little. I wish you guys the best of luck with it but I'll never use it again.