Some news for Cliffs of Dover fans:
Quote1C Game Studios is excited to announce that we have reached an agreement in principle to cooperate with Team Fusion on future commercial development of IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover. This includes giving Team Fusion access to the Cliffs of Dover source code so they may continue their work to fix and improve Cliffs of Dover and build commercial add-ons for the base title.
https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/26758-1c-game-studios-cooperate-team-fusion-il-2-sturmovik-cliffs/ (https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/26758-1c-game-studios-cooperate-team-fusion-il-2-sturmovik-cliffs/)
Apparently Team Fusion have done very good things for this - but whilst it is good news, this...
Quote from: IronX on December 21, 2016, 11:18:46 AM
Some news for Cliffs of Dover fans:
Quote1C Game Studios is excited to announce that we have reached an agreement in principle to cooperate with Team Fusion on future commercial development of IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover. This includes giving Team Fusion access to the Cliffs of Dover source code so they may continue their work to fix and improve Cliffs of Dover and build commercial add-ons for the base title.
https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/26758-1c-game-studios-cooperate-team-fusion-il-2-sturmovik-cliffs/ (https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/26758-1c-game-studios-cooperate-team-fusion-il-2-sturmovik-cliffs/)
...really,
REALLY gets under my skin.
Brilliant. Thanks 1C. You sold me a broken, shite game and your excited to announce a better company is being allowed to fix your mess O0
I'm glad Team Fusion have got hold of the reigns though and I'll be keeping an eye on their developments (and would appreciate you posting developments when you can IronX) O0
Quote from: JudgeDredd on December 21, 2016, 11:32:02 AM
Thanks 1C. You sold me a broken, shite game and your excited to announce a better company is being allowed to fix your mess O0
I'm glad Team Fusion have got hold of the reigns though and I'll be keeping an eye on their developments
I agree with both of those sentiments. CloD on release really pissed me off, but I've had a go at TF-modded CloD and it's pretty good. Probably I would fly it regularly if I had the time/brain-power to learn it, so it's good to know that there's a potential for it to expand properly.
I canned the idea of playing IL-2:CoD a long time ago, even with the TF mod. :pullhair:
Got other, better, half-finished flight sims to spend time in. <:-)
CLoD with the TF mod is pretty awesome. I too would spend more time with it if DCS didn't take up so much of my time. And with 4 WW2 era fighters now in DCS its been a hell of a lot of fun to have some brawls, even if its over the Caucasus (which doesn't make a difference in a knife fight anyway). :)
Still, I've had plenty of great hours of fun with CLoD + TF, especially on the ATG server.
It's great to see TF getting full reign over the title. At least the fans can hope for continued development now.
I am looking forward to getting into CLoD when the put ""hear like in helmet" in game as an audio option as it is in DCS by default.
This allows me to play with my now bad ears that cannot stand too much sharp noise for long periods. It also makes the game
much more realistic. Because you would wear a helmet in cockpit and it would muffle much of the sound.
On a positive note I love the fact that I will no longer have to stuff around with patches. It's just a shame that they waited until BOS also had DX11 support
and has basically caught up to CLoD on some levels to make this move. I look forward to the desert mod, but now that it is an actual product it better be top notch.
(https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/514/31756099816_651a27a766_b.jpg)
I would just be happy with DCS but it is taking so damned long for them to release things for ww2. I want that ww2 map!
I thought the audio in DCS was already too quiet in most cases.
Nefaro the audio has seen work done on it in one of the last patches. Volume balance was part of it and most sounds are a lot louder now.
I didn't really care wether 'helmet sound' was on or off before, but it does make a difference now.
For modern jet fighters its quite realistic to have muted sounds for engine sounds in cockpit view. I would also think outside world sounds (save for wind whine on the canopy and airframe) are non existent for the modern fighter pilot, but that would be less cinematic in a game.
Destraex I feel WW2 era aircraft are different in this respect. They were badly insulated, had powerful noisy engines and the pilots had no proper means to cancel noise; just wearing caps, or leather 'helmets' with a headset.
I believe flying a WW2 era aircraft is indeed a noisy endeavor. I have been lucky to fly in a Dakota once and that plane was altered for comfort for passengers, but it was noisy as hell, even in the cockpit. Imagine having a 1800hp engine right in front of you with an angry propellor! :)
Quote from: Yskonyn on December 22, 2016, 02:31:26 AM
Nefaro the audio has seen work done on it in one of the last patches. Volume balance was part of it and most sounds are a lot louder now.
I didn't really care wether 'helmet sound' was on or off before, but it does make a difference now.
For modern jet fighters its quite realistic to have muted sounds for engine sounds in cockpit view. I would also think outside world sounds (save for wind whine on the canopy and airframe) are non existent for the modern fighter pilot, but that would be less cinematic in a game.
Destraex I feel WW2 era aircraft are different in this respect. They were badly insulated, had powerful noisy engines and the pilots had no proper means to cancel noise; just wearing caps, or leather 'helmets' with a headset.
I believe flying a WW2 era aircraft is indeed a noisy endeavor. I have been lucky to fly in a Dakota once and that plane was altered for comfort for passengers, but it was noisy as hell, even in the cockpit. Imagine having a 1800hp engine right in front of you with an angry propellor! :)
I suspected as much, however how could they hear anything at all over the radio coms with noise that loud? They still had some insulation. DCS probably has this option for the jets where pilots wear the big insulated helmets.
But honestly I would settle for just being able to turn the engine sound down and leave the rest up.... it's a simulator not an exercise in actually getting yourself hurt.
Would this not muffle the ears at all?
(https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/9b/a7/2e/9ba72e7706df08a5a51a5abac9018197.jpg)
Well you can lower the 'World' audio slider. That lowers all non cockpit / speech sounds and gives you the same 'muted' effect.
That 'helmet' surely mutes some sound, but only that.
I guess they had to crank up the radio volume quite a bit. Hearing protection was not such a topic then as it is now. Lots of fighting men lost their hearing to some degree.
I have not played cliffs of dover for a very long time so cannot remember the options, but what you say could be the ticket. But I want to hear the world sounds and the engine to some degree. Just not deafen myself with industrial noise. I have another idea that may provide some relief... but jeez it will be a pain to setup. That being a sound card profile that uses equalisers to cut some noise ranges... but I would much rather have the helmet effect.
Sorry, the 'World' audio slider is DCS, not CLoD. Apologies.
:P No problems at all.
Quote from: IronX on December 21, 2016, 11:18:46 AM
Some news for Cliffs of Dover fans:
Quote1C Game Studios is excited to announce that we have reached an agreement in principle to cooperate with Team Fusion on future commercial development of IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover. This includes giving Team Fusion access to the Cliffs of Dover source code so they may continue their work to fix and improve Cliffs of Dover and build commercial add-ons for the base title.
https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/26758-1c-game-studios-cooperate-team-fusion-il-2-sturmovik-cliffs/ (https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/26758-1c-game-studios-cooperate-team-fusion-il-2-sturmovik-cliffs/)
Sounds good to me!
Me too. It'll be nice to have the game and mod as a complete unit without having to install separate files, etc. And with continued improvements and additions, what's not to like?
Quote from: IronX on December 29, 2016, 08:58:00 PM
Me too. It'll be nice to have the game and mod as a complete unit without having to install separate files, etc. And with continued improvements and additions, what's not to like?
Even as a total wreck, CLoD is my favorite air sim of all time. I'll be happy to quit playing quite as much DCS and Battle of Stalingrad/Moscow. Of course at the moment I'm playing some Ironclads II so my taste in games is somewhat atypical.
If DCS finally came out with the ww2 map are you saying that it would not be the better sim?
Quote from: MengJiao on December 30, 2016, 05:56:51 AM
Quote from: IronX on December 29, 2016, 08:58:00 PM
Me too. It'll be nice to have the game and mod as a complete unit without having to install separate files, etc. And with continued improvements and additions, what's not to like?
Even as a total wreck, CLoD is my favorite air sim of all time. I'll be happy to quit playing quite as much DCS and Battle of Stalingrad/Moscow. Of course at the moment I'm playing some Ironclads II so my taste in games is somewhat atypical.
Isn't that some sort of extended oxymoron....total wreck/favorite of all time? :-\
Quote from: Rayfer on December 30, 2016, 08:06:01 AM
Quote from: MengJiao on December 30, 2016, 05:56:51 AM
Quote from: IronX on December 29, 2016, 08:58:00 PM
Me too. It'll be nice to have the game and mod as a complete unit without having to install separate files, etc. And with continued improvements and additions, what's not to like?
Even as a total wreck, CLoD is my favorite air sim of all time. I'll be happy to quit playing quite as much DCS and Battle of Stalingrad/Moscow. Of course at the moment I'm playing some Ironclads II so my taste in games is somewhat atypical.
Isn't that some sort of extended oxymoron....total wreck/favorite of all time? :-\
Perhaps more of a double hyperbole? Or a catachraesis? (bad figure?)...or just a misjudged effort at conceding that the game has major problems, but some things about it come thorough very well anyway?
Quote from: Destraex on December 30, 2016, 06:21:03 AM
If DCS finally came out with the ww2 map are you saying that it would not be the better sim?
I think the hypothetical DCS WWII might have been better than some part of the early CLoD, but CLoD has a lot of very nice early WWII planes already and would probably be better than a WWII DCS unless DCS adds a lot more early WWII planes.
The next map in CLoD will apparently be in the Mediterranean and include the Spitfire V and the Wildcat and the Beaufighter and maybe some Gladiators. Possibly the P-40 and maybe some French planes too. Could be very interesting.