GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: MetalDog on December 23, 2016, 07:18:18 AM

Title: Father Christmas give us your FRIDAY
Post by: MetalDog on December 23, 2016, 07:18:18 AM


Merry Christmas to all my fellow Grogs!  To your families and friends, your neighbors and co-workers.  May the spirit of the season infuse all those you meet and all the things you do.

I expect there will be many hours of gaming over our various long weekends and holidays.  Enjoy and come back and tell us what you played and how good or bad it was.

For me, between food, fun and family, I expect some combination of Warlock: Master of the Arcane (my regular Civ mp friend is tired of getting his ass kicked by the Civ AI and settled on Warlock.  Little does he know I have over 500 hours in on that game, too) and Medieval 2 Total War.  In which, I am Spain, fighting for hegemony over the Iberian Peninsula and beyond.

I pray you all a happy, healthy, and merry Christmas!
Title: Re: Father Christmas give us your FRIDAY
Post by: Dammit Carl! on December 23, 2016, 07:38:36 AM
All the best to you and yours this fine holiday, me Grogs!  May you all score some phat loot.

As much as I hate to go along with a crowd, I have to say that The Division is eating up a good deal of my attention so far.  It is honestly a game I didn't know that I wanted to play - at least until something else shiny comes along (tee-hee).  The scenery is breathtaking to me and I'm just having fun running around and exploring.  In some ways, its like GTA without all that "law," nonsense to be aware of.

Take care, all!
Title: Re: Father Christmas give us your FRIDAY
Post by: Tuna on December 23, 2016, 07:43:04 AM
Merry Christmas All!.. May everyone's holiday be filled with some good gaming, new toys, and quality time with family and friends!
Title: Re: Father Christmas give us your FRIDAY
Post by: Rayfer on December 23, 2016, 07:46:35 AM
MD...awesome song choice, well done!!  Trying to wrap my head around SoW: Waterloo, and continuing my ongoing HoI4 campaign.
Title: Re: Father Christmas give us your FRIDAY
Post by: MetalDog on December 23, 2016, 07:48:25 AM
Thanks, Rayfer!  Always been a Kinks fan.  And this song is one of the, "It's not Christmas until I hear it," songs.
Title: Re: Father Christmas give us your FRIDAY
Post by: JudgeDredd on December 23, 2016, 08:05:22 AM
Yeah - good song  O0

The Division is a good game. I pop on now and again.

For me it'll probably be F1 2016 and perhaps some Deathwing

Have a great Christmas everyone and may the New Year come round with many happy times for the year ahead.

:smitten:
Title: Re: Father Christmas give us your FRIDAY
Post by: Barthheart on December 23, 2016, 08:11:09 AM
Merry Christmas all!  <:-) Enjoy the season, your families, and good gaming.

Me, I'm finally in my holiday destination and will be restricted to gaming on my work laptop. (Yes had to bring work with me... small price to pay for 3 weeks out of the office.)

PBEM Plan Orange with SDR.
PBEM Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm with OJsDad.. we about to start up a new scenario. I might AAR my side this time.

Think I'm going to dive into the largest Soviet scenario in the FPC: Reforged scenarios I just got and do up an AAR. It plays on a huge map with lots and lots of toys to throw at Nato on Day 1 of WWIII.

That should keep me busy between the socializing, beach walking and beer drinking for the rest of my holiday.

Great song as always MD.  O0
Title: Re: Father Christmas give us your FRIDAY
Post by: Jarhead0331 on December 23, 2016, 08:11:55 AM
Merry Christmas n' $hit...

Total War: Warhammer, Deathwing, ARMA 3 unsung Vietnam v.3.1Delta, Polaris Sector, Star Citizen 2.6.0, Astroneer...I'll feel blessed if I get to play a quarter of this list.
Title: Re: Father Christmas give us your FRIDAY
Post by: bbmike on December 23, 2016, 08:12:37 AM
Merry Christmas fellow Grogheads! Not sure I'll have time for games this weekend. If I do it will most likely be Stellaris or one of the new Steam games I buy in the holiday sale.  :D
Title: Re: Father Christmas give us your FRIDAY
Post by: jamus34 on December 23, 2016, 08:28:35 AM
Merry Christmas or your holiday of choice.

Most of my next week will involve moving old PC guts to new box, install win 10, put new computer guts in my old case, install win7, win 10, Linux... And then maybe a game or three.
Title: Re: Father Christmas give us your FRIDAY
Post by: -budd- on December 23, 2016, 08:50:47 AM
Merry Christmas to all, health and happiness to you and yours.

Besides the food, family, traditional Christmas bingo and some Christmas Karaoke. I' m not sure what i'll be playing as i seem to have gaming ADHD, you know install game, look at game maybe play for few and then uninstall and keep looking. the only for sure is probably more Space Hulk and finish off my last on going CSME pbem. Having gaming ADHD during sale season could be bad :hide:..
Title: Re: Father Christmas give us your FRIDAY
Post by: bbmike on December 23, 2016, 08:59:01 AM
Quote from: -budd- on December 23, 2016, 08:50:47 AM
Merry Christmas to all, health and happiness to you and yours.

Besides the food, family, traditional Christmas bingo and some Christmas Karaoke. I' m not sure what i'll be playing as i seem to have gaming ADHD, you know install game, look at game maybe play for few and then uninstall and keep looking. the only for sure is probably more Space Hulk and finish off my last on going CSME pbem. Having gaming ADHD during sale season could be bad :hide:..

I think I'm on year three of that.  :(
Title: Re: Father Christmas give us your FRIDAY
Post by: Pete Dero on December 23, 2016, 09:02:56 AM
Seasonal greetings to all of you    (with a few christmas songs I can stand  \m/)










Title: Re: Father Christmas give us your FRIDAY
Post by: Toonces on December 23, 2016, 09:15:59 AM
You doing Unsung online or SP, Jarhead?  I haven't checked in on that mod in a while.

Title: Re: Father Christmas give us your FRIDAY
Post by: Cyrano on December 23, 2016, 11:19:51 AM
Merry Christmas!

After Tiny Tim wraps on Christmas Eve -- and we venture to the in-laws for Christmas Day:

1.  VdA KS rolls on through the morning of October 13 -- even with Barth and Pinetree on the beach!

2.  Must...play...Deathwing...

3.  Must...play...Scourge of War: WL KS

4.  CM:BN leetle battle PBEM

5:  Monster Jena scenario in JTS PBEM

6.  Blood Bowl II with my son

7.  Rome II with my son

8.  CS:ME tournament PBEM

Buy Steam games I will never play...

Very Best of the Season,

Jim

Title: Re: Father Christmas give us your FRIDAY
Post by: undercovergeek on December 23, 2016, 11:48:13 AM
As soon as my ass cheeks touch the sofa tonight there will be quaffing of rum and brandy like a pagan orgy

In the morning I'm collecting the turkey, wrapping presents and playing warhammer until I have a beard like my dwarves and downloading endless space 2

After that there is some escort agency research to be done

Merry Christmas all grogs near and far - I love you all
Title: Re: Father Christmas give us your FRIDAY
Post by: Sir Slash on December 23, 2016, 12:07:45 PM
Indeed, a very Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah to Grogs everywhere and Peace on Earth except for our computers where there will be much wargaming. The Slash Household will be well covered in the celebrating/family getting-together dept. That means I have to be good for the next couple of days and watch what I say, do, eat, where I scratch, and board-up my butt so I don't fart in front of anybody. I even probably will have to put shoes on at some point and hug a lot of strange people. But Christmas only comes once a year so.... what's the worst that can happen? And if it does, there's plenty of Rum and Bourbon to deal with it. Along with some Skyrim( my favorite X-Mas time game) and whacking some barbarians in Alea Jacta Est. Party-On Grogs!!!!  <:-)
Title: Re: Father Christmas give us your FRIDAY
Post by: DoctorQuest on December 23, 2016, 12:30:34 PM
Any gaming this weekend will be a with the family and probably won't be wargames. :)

Need to finish the tree and get my son here safe and sound.

Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah to all!
Title: Re: Father Christmas give us your FRIDAY
Post by: JasonPratt on December 23, 2016, 01:10:36 PM
Trying to get final payroll done and pre-holiday cleanup and finish the loading of our final project this year.

That's today. Gaming later...

(Selling and designing and managing the construction of those things is how I earn enough money to ramble on at length about theological topics and trying to win the War of the Ring as the dwarves...  8) Dad invented them!)
Title: Re: Father Christmas give us your FRIDAY
Post by: Gusington on December 23, 2016, 03:20:02 PM
Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukah! No gaming for me until I am back home at my pc...having an Irish Christmas with my extended family as is tradition. Time to drink.
Title: Re: Father Christmas give us your FRIDAY
Post by: Sir Slash on December 23, 2016, 03:28:47 PM
Tomorrow the Hang-Over Elf comes.  :coolsmiley:
Title: Re: Father Christmas give us your FRIDAY
Post by: Gusington on December 23, 2016, 03:36:40 PM
Not if I can help it 😎
Title: Re: Father Christmas give us your FRIDAY
Post by: Slick Wilhelm on December 23, 2016, 04:00:25 PM
Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah to all grogs and your little groggen!

I'm on-call this week, which means 24x7 until Tuesday morning. Since I pretty much have to stay in town, we're putting off our family celebration until New Year's Eve.

To kick off the weekend right, I pulled out the back up external hard drive with the intention of installing some games from days gone by. Alas, the drive finally gave up the ghost, and I've lost all my games since about 2002. The only exceptions are the games from Steam and the one's I already have installed on my PC.   #:-)

I suppose I could send in the drive to a data reclamation shop, but methinks it would be prohibitively expensive. Yeah I know, it was my own fault. If I really want to play a game, I guess I'll just buy it again.  :uglystupid2:

Anyhoo, this weekend will see me continue to play my first campaign in Strategic Command WWII, and of course some Red Orchestra 2: Rising Sun when it's time for a libation.
Title: Re: Father Christmas give us your FRIDAY
Post by: WYBaugh on December 23, 2016, 04:32:03 PM
Quote from: undercovergeek on December 23, 2016, 11:48:13 AM
As soon as my ass cheeks touch the sofa tonight there will be quaffing of rum and brandy like a pagan orgy

In the morning I'm collecting the turkey, wrapping presents and playing warhammer until I have a beard like my dwarves and downloading endless space 2

After that there is some escort agency research to be done

Merry Christmas all grogs near and far - I love you all

I like your strategy!

My Christmas consists of my 80 year old mother staying over on Christmas Eve with the wife's family (all of them) over for Christmas day. 

No escorts agencies are involved  >:(
Title: Re: Father Christmas give us your FRIDAY
Post by: panzerde on December 23, 2016, 05:40:53 PM



Happy holidays, fellow grogs. Looking forward to taking a few days off.


Probably plenty of SOW: Waterloo KS, more beta testing Wars of Succession, a variety of JTS Napoleonics PBEM, and plenty of 18th C tabletop wargaming.


Hope everyone has a safe and fun holiday.

Title: Re: Father Christmas give us your FRIDAY
Post by: bob48 on December 23, 2016, 05:48:35 PM
HAPPY CHRISTMAS TO YOU ALL.
Title: Re: Father Christmas give us your FRIDAY
Post by: undercovergeek on December 23, 2016, 06:08:09 PM
Love you bob
Title: Re: Father Christmas give us your FRIDAY
Post by: -budd- on December 23, 2016, 06:56:55 PM
here's a couple of Christmas video's to help with the spirit \m/ ... the guy does an amazing job, how'd you like to be his neighbor.

This one is my favorite


This is this year's version


HAPPY HOLIDAYS

Title: Re: Father Christmas give us your FRIDAY
Post by: Ubercat on December 24, 2016, 12:11:33 AM
Quote from: panzerde on December 23, 2016, 05:40:53 PM


Great song! I hope that scum who got away with killing Kirsty has a slow and painful death in his future. >:(
Title: Re: Father Christmas give us your FRIDAY
Post by: CJReich46 on December 24, 2016, 12:28:06 AM
A year ago around Christmas I was homeless. Thanks to a Veteran's program  I got help  finding a place. I found one in January and moved in as soon as I was allowed to. So this Christmas has been important to me. My first one in my apartment.  I have the entire weekend off, and 26th off!

I'm kind of watching my spending after a hellish week with car repairs. I had to get my shopping done today. So tomorrow its just take care of the odds and sods, do some laundry etc.  But I have been watching the Steam Sale and GOG and of course Matrix Sale.

Christmas Day I get to see my family and I am looking forward to it. But mostly this weekend it is just relax, play some games, check out some You Tubers I've been watching.


I wish you all fellow Grogs a Merry Christmas/Happy Hanukah too.  :hug:


P.S. Love the Kinks (especially Father Christmas!) plus I liked the Christmas Can-Can
Title: Re: Father Christmas give us your FRIDAY
Post by: panzerde on December 24, 2016, 01:39:09 AM
Quote from: Ubercat on December 24, 2016, 12:11:33 AM
Great song! I hope that scum who got away with killing Kirsty has a slow and painful death in his future. >:(


That was some Mexican justice, huh? If there's any fairness in the world a certain Mexican billionaire is getting a load of ass cancer for Christmas.  :knuppel2:


CJ, very happy to hear you're getting Christmas in your own place this year. I hope you have a great holiday weekend!

Title: Re: Father Christmas give us your FRIDAY
Post by: Sir Slash on December 24, 2016, 09:31:21 AM
Ditto CJ. Everybody should be able to call someplace 'home' at Christmas.
Title: Re: Father Christmas give us your FRIDAY
Post by: MetalDog on December 24, 2016, 09:36:42 AM
Enjoy Christmas in your own place, CJ.  Nothing better.  Glad you liked the Kinks song.  A great band and super underrated.
Title: Re: Father Christmas give us your FRIDAY
Post by: Gusington on December 24, 2016, 09:39:12 AM
Godspeed CJ and Merry Xmas.
Title: Re: Father Christmas give us your FRIDAY
Post by: bbmike on December 24, 2016, 11:14:48 AM
That is awesome, CJ, as I believe everyone needs a Fortress of Solitude.  ^-^
Title: Re: Father Christmas give us your FRIDAY
Post by: BanzaiCat on December 24, 2016, 11:27:37 AM
Congrats, CJ - sounds like it's been a long and rough road but things are finally coming together for you!

For gaming this weekend, I've done some Warfighter WWII yesterday and posted a few pics to FB's Solitaire Wargamer page. Once I realized I was screwing up the rules I stopped and got U-Boat Leader out to try that. Continuing my U-Boat Leader game from yesterday, today, after we go get some groceries for next week.

After U-Boat Leader I want to get either Shadows of Brimstone or Fortune and Glory to the table - I have expansions for both (Frontier Town for the former, Treasure Hunters for the latter). I also want to maybe try Firefly: The Boardgame; Gale Force Nine sent me the Kalidasa expansion. I bought the base game and the Esmeralda expansion on my own, so that's another one. Finally, I have Star Trek Ascendancy I want to give a try this weekend, too.

If I can pull it off I want to get a few more expansions for Car Mechanic Simulator 2015, but that's about the only gaming I've been doing lately on the computer.
Title: Re: Father Christmas give us your FRIDAY
Post by: JasonPratt on December 24, 2016, 02:39:58 PM
Have finished Christmas wrapping. The nieces shall be receiving from their Groguncle:

* Star Blazers Season 1

* the Big Box Alhambra collection (I supported the kickstarter a while back) -- they already know how to play the mere card game version very well

* the new card game adaptation of Castles of Burgandy (which is also sort of a more complex version of the Alhambra card game.) I'm hoping that this will be a useful gateway to the board game, and thence to related games in the future.

(PS: the forum engine knows how to spell Alhambra, but not Burgandy. That's crazy-random.)

* the new Isle of Skye game (sort of a Carcassone variant with a bit more detail; oldest one can play Carc)

* Love Letter, Legend of the Five Rings variant

* a few other things less groggy
Title: Re: Father Christmas give us your FRIDAY
Post by: bbmike on December 24, 2016, 04:33:35 PM
Those are some lucky nieces!
Title: Re: Father Christmas give us your FRIDAY
Post by: Kushan on December 25, 2016, 04:21:32 AM
Merry Christmas All. Congrats CJ, happy to hear things are working out for you. I'm off for a week. Got my niece a Lego Disney castle that I plan on helping her put together this afternoon. More or less everything on my HD is a possibility the rest of the week.

CMANO: My next scenario is very close to being to a point I can release it for testing. One more script to write, set up AI missions, set up a few events, and it'll be done. In addition I'll be playing around more with the beta cause putting laserz on sharks never gets old and its completely realistic as well.

Hearts of Iron 4: I was hoping it would bring me into the HOI series like CK2 and EU4 have done but it just bounced off me at release. Noticed this week I got the first DLC for free, because I'm a sucker and got the field marshal edition. Been playing Italy so far every thing is going ok. Its clicking a little more. Managed to bumble my way through the initial war with Ethiopia and the Spanish Civil War. Tried to launch an attack on Yugoslavia tonight and completed botched it. My great plan was to have my infantry break a hole in the front line, then let me armor corp exploit it. None of that ever happened and I just ended up with a slugging match at the border. My infantry attack went as planned, but when it came time for my armor corp to advance, they attacked along a broad front rather then busting through the hole in the enemy line. From there they got involved in the border slug fest and I was wasn't able to figure out how to disengage them. Reloaded and tried around  with the difference between offensive front and spearhead and the both appeared to be the same. Going to keep pounding at it until I figure it out.

I'm really frustrated at the fact there seems to be no information on why a battle is going the way it is. In CK2 and EUIV you can click on a battle and it will show you the bonuses/negatives for both sides, troops numbers, etc. I can't seem to find any of that in HOI4. It just says you're winning or losing a battle but not why.

Elite: Been a few weeks since I've played. Mainly because of CMANO and HOI4. Continue working my way towards the galactic core on my main account. Need to play more of my second account. Played it for a few hours then got distracted exploring.

After avoiding getting anything the last few Steam sales I'm definitely going to fail this time. Will be getting the Rights of Man DLC for EUIV, and (probably) the new Cities Skyline Disasters DLC. Few other things on my wishlist calling to me as well; Tabletop Simulator, Stardew Valley, Hegemony II, and Attila Total War. Attila TW is out because I've sworn off every TW game as CA can't put together a good game if they tried, but one or two...or three... of the other three games are possibilities.

And lastly, I'm finally going to be opening my box of Falling Sky. Its been sitting on my bookshelf unopened since summer. Thinking of doing an un-boxing article or video of it.
Title: Re: Father Christmas give us your FRIDAY
Post by: bob48 on December 25, 2016, 06:51:32 AM
Quote from: undercovergeek on December 23, 2016, 06:08:09 PM
Love you bob

HUG? :hug:
Title: Re: Father Christmas give us your FRIDAY
Post by: undercovergeek on December 25, 2016, 07:23:08 AM
Always for you you magnificent bastard
Title: Re: Father Christmas give us your FRIDAY
Post by: Hofstadter on December 25, 2016, 08:07:50 AM
Went to my partners for christmas, got drunk of....god awful paint thinner vodka (if it can be called that it tastes like sunscreen) and played the board game dead of winter with his housemate.

Nothing much to play, I really wanna make some videos but im kinda dead on ideas and am releasing a video of week. Touch depressing. All ive got is s SOW: ligny campaign and continuing the children of a death earth series.

Although now the sale is on at LnL i may get a command ops 2 module and do a series on that to promote it.
Title: Re: Father Christmas give us your FRIDAY
Post by: Martok on December 26, 2016, 03:45:27 AM
A belated Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah to my fellow Grogs!  8) 


Despite having a three-day weekend (huzzah!), I've not had a whole lot of time for gaming.  (Saturday was spent finishing my gift-shopping -- yes I'm terrible :P -- and I spent most of Christmas Day proper with the family at my mom's house.)  What few spare hours I have had thus far has been spent playing either Stars in Shadow or continuing my Northumbrian campaign in Medieval Total War/Viking Invasion. 
Title: Re: Father Christmas give us your FRIDAY
Post by: Father Ted on December 26, 2016, 07:06:39 PM
Quote from: Hofstadter on December 25, 2016, 08:07:50 AM
Went to my partners for christmas, got drunk of....god awful paint thinner vodka (if it can be called that it tastes like sunscreen) and played the board game dead of winter with his housemate.

Man you paint a lovely picture...

Quote from: Hofstadter on December 25, 2016, 08:07:50 AM
Although now the sale is on at LnL i may get a command ops 2 module and do a series on that to promote it.

...that would be something cool to see
Title: Re: Father Christmas give us your FRIDAY
Post by: bbmike on December 26, 2016, 07:15:55 PM
Quote from: Hofstadter on December 25, 2016, 08:07:50 AM
Went to my partners for christmas, got drunk of....god awful paint thinner vodka (if it can be called that it tastes like sunscreen) and played the board game dead of winter with his housemate.

Nothing much to play, I really wanna make some videos but im kinda dead on ideas and am releasing a video of week. Touch depressing. All ive got is s SOW: ligny campaign and continuing the children of a death earth series.

Although now the sale is on at LnL i may get a command ops 2 module and do a series on that to promote it.

Hope it wasn't that Russian vodka bath lotion.  :P
Title: Re: Father Christmas give us your FRIDAY
Post by: Gusington on December 26, 2016, 10:48:18 PM
Took quite the effort to get here and now my Lombard Empire is paying the price...getting smacked around badly by the Byzantines in Italy proper as well as suffering from a near civil war because of attrition accrued while attempting to finally wipe out the Avars. But I finally did it. Time to wheel the Imperial Army of Lombardy around, brush it off and aim it at the Byzantines. This will take many years to do. Barely any time to enjoy my victory  >:(

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fimages.akamai.steamusercontent.com%2Fugc%2F197429029642906509%2F4413AF135C21DCCAB98761E2089183637AB6ACC3%2F&hash=1f21f9c8aaa33deefabd7836ff0d59f3a9e95978)
Title: Re: Father Christmas give us your FRIDAY
Post by: MetalDog on December 27, 2016, 12:26:25 AM
I just took the Iberian Peninsula for myself.  I finished Portugal over the Pope's objections.  He promptly excommunicated me.  I turned the army around to take Cordoba and Grenada.  All the while, I've been at war with the biggest power on the board, Milan, for close to 40 turns.  France has been in again, out again, now back in again.  The upshot is that I got Bordeaux and one other region just for the asking in peace negotiations. 

Almost at the end of the short campaign.  Need to finish the Moors in North Africa and then take a few more regions from the French/Milanese, and it's good.
Title: Re: Father Christmas give us your FRIDAY
Post by: Hofstadter on December 27, 2016, 03:34:29 AM
Quote from: bbmike on December 26, 2016, 07:15:55 PM
Quote from: Hofstadter on December 25, 2016, 08:07:50 AM
Went to my partners for christmas, got drunk of....god awful paint thinner vodka (if it can be called that it tastes like sunscreen) and played the board game dead of winter with his housemate.

Nothing much to play, I really wanna make some videos but im kinda dead on ideas and am releasing a video of week. Touch depressing. All ive got is s SOW: ligny campaign and continuing the children of a death earth series.

Although now the sale is on at LnL i may get a command ops 2 module and do a series on that to promote it.

Hope it wasn't that Russian vodka bath lotion.  :P

Its something called Dovka, some weird vodka made from wine
Title: Re: Father Christmas give us your FRIDAY
Post by: Nefaro on December 27, 2016, 07:57:54 AM
Quote from: Hofstadter on December 27, 2016, 03:34:29 AM
Quote from: bbmike on December 26, 2016, 07:15:55 PM
Quote from: Hofstadter on December 25, 2016, 08:07:50 AM
Went to my partners for christmas, got drunk of....god awful paint thinner vodka (if it can be called that it tastes like sunscreen) and played the board game dead of winter with his housemate.

Nothing much to play, I really wanna make some videos but im kinda dead on ideas and am releasing a video of week. Touch depressing. All ive got is s SOW: ligny campaign and continuing the children of a death earth series.

Although now the sale is on at LnL i may get a command ops 2 module and do a series on that to promote it.

Hope it wasn't that Russian vodka bath lotion.  :P

Its something called Dovka, some weird vodka made from wine

Sounds appalling. 

Hopefully your game play rewarded you with a Crossroads card allowing the option to vote some starving useless children out of your wintry zombie-proof fortress.  To save food, of course.  :peace:  Usually makes me feel better.
Title: Re: Father Christmas give us your FRIDAY
Post by: Cyrano on December 27, 2016, 02:30:36 PM
Gus -- Which game/mod is that?

Lovely...
Title: Re: Father Christmas give us your FRIDAY
Post by: undercovergeek on December 27, 2016, 03:29:31 PM
Endless space 2 - I've only had chance to read the lore on my race and it's awesome
Title: Re: Father Christmas give us your FRIDAY
Post by: Gusington on December 27, 2016, 06:53:54 PM
Cyrano that is Attila: Total War - Age of Charlemagne.

Mods enabled are:

--'Remove Negative Imperium Traits'

--'AoC Bodyguards Expansion'

--'AoC Units Roster Expansion'

--'Attila: Flags of Nations'

--'More Meaningful Seasons'

--'Realistic Archery Mod'

--'Sebidee's Charlemagne Expanded Unit Roster'

--'The Dark Age: Charlemagne Reskin'

--'Trade Routes x2.5'
Title: Re: Father Christmas give us your FRIDAY
Post by: Nefaro on December 27, 2016, 07:00:04 PM
Quote from: Gusington on December 27, 2016, 06:53:54 PM
Cyrano that is Attila: Total War - Age of Charlemagne.

Mods enabled are:

--'Remove Negative Imperium Traits'




I think there is now a mod or two that will eliminate or alleviate the ridiculous Imperium penalty gain you get when doing research in TW Attila.

Although I've not tried the one I used through a long campaign yet to be sure it does so.   ???  Seemed like modders were having problems getting it to work after Attila first came out.  Breakthrough?


I don't mind getting the Imperium penalty for aggressively expanding into a huge blob.  That's what it was meant to counter in Rome 2, and was quite feasible that everyone else would start diplomatically hating you more & more.  But when they starting giving such penalties for research in Attila?!  Good God, and that dev post about it!  ::)  I'm still shaking my head over a year later. 
Title: Re: Father Christmas give us your FRIDAY
Post by: Gusington on December 27, 2016, 07:10:17 PM
This negative imperium trait mod works alright. Combined with the AI tweaks, you may find yourself getting smacked around a bit, like I am in my current game right now.
Title: Re: Father Christmas give us your FRIDAY
Post by: Gusington on December 27, 2016, 09:57:43 PM
Well it's grown to become way worse than smacked around. My Lombard Empire in Italy is crumbling to the Byzantines and years of civil war have taken their toll. My military is a dried husk of its former glorious self. And to add insult to injury one of my cities just caught fire randomly. This campaign may be over soon :buck2:

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fimages.akamai.steamusercontent.com%2Fugc%2F197429182187484745%2FB6A3497E4FDA9E611FB21A62BA619787E41343D6%2F&hash=ec2ea3599a858ea9631b8bf64d227eb75a1635dd)
Title: Re: Father Christmas give us your FRIDAY
Post by: Sir Slash on December 27, 2016, 10:25:47 PM
Damn. How'd that happen? Are there enemy agents that can do that? Or is it more like a spontaneous disaster, like the earthquakes and storms?
Title: Re: Father Christmas give us your FRIDAY
Post by: Gusington on December 27, 2016, 10:32:30 PM
The fire is a random event. The collapse of the empire is well...my own doing I guess :'(
Title: Re: Father Christmas give us your FRIDAY
Post by: Gusington on December 28, 2016, 08:45:50 PM
Byzantium continues to creep northward on the Italian peninsula picking off my cities one by one. Venice was the latest loss  :'( I knew I was well and truly ****ed when I saw this coming to support the land armies assaulting my ruins.

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fimages.akamai.steamusercontent.com%2Fugc%2F197429182191316592%2F60F0DCB8BE6BD61F526B72227017FDB38ACDDF6E%2F&hash=0a778e274ba339c82e0522fa0434e1565e88c0a5)
Title: Re: Father Christmas give us your FRIDAY
Post by: Gusington on December 28, 2016, 08:46:39 PM
And I didn't have much more than these guys to help defend the city.

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fimages.akamai.steamusercontent.com%2Fugc%2F197429182191316501%2F88D9A262F0325C3E0011D01E89219EAFE770E416%2F&hash=ff3140af75f6e2d4c49f75b88ca10207f27320eb)
Title: Re: Father Christmas give us your FRIDAY
Post by: Gusington on December 28, 2016, 08:48:51 PM
My one lone galley attempts to damage some of the enemy troop transports. Ruined Venice is already burning. Not good.

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fimages.akamai.steamusercontent.com%2Fugc%2F197429182191316890%2FC21B6DBE5B5FBFED0818DDEEF66889359EDA5A94%2F&hash=d0d28f8e707a85bff7d5487c57216777cdf1fe9f)
Title: Re: Father Christmas give us your FRIDAY
Post by: Gusington on December 28, 2016, 08:49:55 PM
A struggle ensues right outside the walls. My guys have spirit, I'll give them that  :buck2:

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fimages.akamai.steamusercontent.com%2Fugc%2F197429182191316987%2F2E08CFBABF6A2D7ED52F9FBF568E0D1B6B3957FC%2F&hash=a5f5bbe2c82bd54e1d1f62b37d76894ef1dd7b30)
Title: Re: Father Christmas give us your FRIDAY
Post by: Gusington on December 28, 2016, 08:53:01 PM
And to make matters worse, the faction I spent so much time eliminating is back. Civil war rages, my faction's war weariness is 100% and I have half the troops I did 5 years ago. The year is 793. It may be almost over. But this is probably the campaign I have had the most fun losing  >:D If everything does collapse, I think I'll try out Mercia next.

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fimages.akamai.steamusercontent.com%2Fugc%2F197429182191317113%2F13ABEC193952997D75F9B50D3E623A27CB8B8CED%2F&hash=3eff32ecc2d1265b2f3d47cd6b94011b2bca63f1)

Title: Re: Father Christmas give us your FRIDAY
Post by: MetalDog on December 28, 2016, 09:24:09 PM
Epic, Gus!!
Title: Re: Father Christmas give us your FRIDAY
Post by: Gusington on December 28, 2016, 09:46:35 PM
Yeah not bad eh? Check out that 4th image - modders are doing some awesome work with the Attila units/factions!
Title: Re: Father Christmas give us your FRIDAY
Post by: Sir Slash on December 28, 2016, 11:06:58 PM
Ouch! That's gotta hurt. But at least the saga of the Lombards will live-on in History and great screenies.
Title: Re: Father Christmas give us your FRIDAY
Post by: Gusington on December 28, 2016, 11:19:35 PM
The essence of this game is the struggle. I've gone on to win campaigns where things were in even worse shape than this one. That said...it's not looking good.

In other news I finally got the Enderal mod for Skyrim to work and man...the writing in this one is unbelievable. It's hard to believe 4-5 people put this mod together. I will get some screenies of it in the next couple of days.
Title: Re: Father Christmas give us your FRIDAY
Post by: Nefaro on December 29, 2016, 05:44:41 AM
Byzantium 794.   <:-)


I wish CA had spent more time on expanding the Charlemagne module into a larger campaign with more factions.  Needed moar!


The unit card art.  :smitten:  The actual 3D units actually looked good too.


Had also hoped they would use it as the starting point into Medieval 3.  At least there is a Megamod or two in the works to do just that, although I doubt they'll be finished anytime soon.
Title: Re: Father Christmas give us your FRIDAY
Post by: Gusington on December 29, 2016, 01:17:50 PM
Yeah I am in love with the look of the 3D units in that above shot.
Title: Re: Father Christmas give us your FRIDAY
Post by: Gusington on December 30, 2016, 01:25:05 AM
Year is 795 in my Age of Charlemagne campaign as the Lombards and I am about to throw in the towel. I went from taking out the Avars and expanding like a steamroller to the east to being bitch-slapped by the Byzantines. Down to ~7 territories and one rag tag army. Civil war and disease have destroyed me. This campaign is by far the most extreme in its turning the tables on me in the shortest amount of time  :buck2:

So now I am going to decide which faction to play next after a short break with the Enderal Skyrim mod (which is amazing) and maybe dabbling in Kingdom Wars 2: Battles.

My top choice of faction right now is the Theme of Sicily (Byzantines) naturally. Also found a mod that unlocks playable versions of Bavaria, Bohemia, Croatia, etc. Might try one of those.